Location of HA rooms at SSRWhere

NancyDVC

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip for the fall and need a handicapped accessible room. Our home resort is OKW but when I checked the availability tool I found that the only full availability is at SSR.
Are there HA rooms in all the areas of the resort? Are they near the bus stops? (One of the 2 BR lockoff HA rooms at OKW is in the furthest building from a bus stop! I have been in it twice. Once when HA was not requested and once when it was.)

MS doesn’t really know and I know that Webmaster Doc had a list of HA rooms and their locations for OKW and Aulani. I can’t find one here for SSR so far.

Last edited:
In December I had a 2 bedroom
HA with roll in shower. We were in Springs, very near bus stop. Only once was there not room for my aunts ECV on the first bus.

Thanks for the info. We are looking for a 1 bedroom. We need a shower not a tub. I know where many of the HA rooms are at OKW having been a member there over 26 years.
There is a list of the HA villas at Aulani on the separate Aulani board in the Aulani Villas and Views post at the top of the page which was very helpful for us when we stayed there. (There is only 1 ocean view HA 1 bedroom at Aulani which I reserved. When we arrived it was occupied. They asked if we neeed the roll in shower and I said yes. They upgraded us to a 2 BR with roll in shower. The accessible tubs do not work for us. The only problem was that in the computer we had to be changed to a ‘hotel’ reservation so housekeeping came everyday!)
And I know that I have seen a list of the number and location of the HA villas at OKW but can not locate it on DIS boards.

I know for preferred section of Saratoga Springs there are only 2 HA Roll in shower rooms. Both are 2 bd room lock offs. One located in Congress park and one located in the Springs.
There are other HA rooms in those sections but NOT roll in shower. I know this from booking HA roll in shower room for every trip.
I do not know how many HA roll in rooms are in NON preferred, as I always book preferred.

Adam

Adam, Thanks. From what I could and this seems to be as reported by folks on another site there are a few in standard as well. We dont really need the roll in shower but the accessible tub won’t work for my friend.

We have stayed in the Grand Stand section 2 bedroom roll in shower. First floor. Immediately walked out to the bus stop.
Also stayed in a roll in at Congress Park in a grand villa. I’m guessing if you get a H/C with roll in shower you will be very close to a bus stop at SSR.

Poohs Pal,

Thanks for the information. I have also been on the disABILITIES board checking out the HA room thread. It is very long and has been around for awhile. There is some DVC HA room information but not much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter