Lobster night on the Fantasy

dkis4nu

Mouseketeer
For anyone on the Fantasy lately, was there a lobster night, & do you remember what night it was?

dk

It’ll be the 2nd time you are in Royal Whatever (palace/court- whichever is on Fantasy) as the “captain’s gala” menu is their alternate menu with the lobster tails (Princess & Prince is the Enchanted Garden’s alternate & Animation Magic is obviously Animators then Pirate night)

That’s obviously assuming it’s a standard none major holiday or themed Marvel/Pixar etc cruise

I cant abide seafood. Does the Restaurant stink of lobster on this night?

Should I just do room service?

No idea what your sensitivity is. You might smell lobster if someone really close to your table has some, but no, the whole place doesn’t smell like seafood.

We just got back from a cruise on the Fantasy with Lobster one of the evenings. There are other options, I think I had something other than Lobster. However, I do regret not getting the Lobster. Our tablemates both had it and one of them was cooked a bit better than the other. I think one was just cooked a tad longer is all it was. However, the server removes it from the tail and it did look very good. I didn't notice any fishy smell.

The restaurant does not smell that night or any night. There are plenty of other non seafood items on the menu. We never order the lobster. Seafood should never smell if it's fresh anyways. DH orders seafood on the ship, sits next to me, and I don't smell any 'fishy' smell, so you should be good at a separate table where no one is ordering seafood.

The lobster night was on the last night, and from my point of view it is not good. You are better with the venison. The restaurant does not smell like Cape May Cafe.

To be clear, there is no longer a ship-wide lobster night. The Captain's Gala menu is served on three nights as the alternate menu for the Royal Court restaurant. So, when you visit that restaurant for the second time (or third, if you have Pirate Night there), you'll have the lobster menu.

If you already know your dining rotation, then you can figure out which night will be lobster night. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until you get your rotation.

The ship-wide thing stopped many years ago.

It’s ok, but unfortunately is almost always overcooked. A gourmet lobster meal it is not.

To be clear, there is no longer a ship-wide lobster night. The Captain's Gala menu is served on three nights as the alternate menu for the Royal Court restaurant. So, when you visit that restaurant for the second time (or third, if you have Pirate Night there), you'll have the lobster menu.

If you already know your dining rotation, then you can figure out which night will be lobster night. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until you get your rotation.

The ship-wide thing stopped many years ago.
Yes! That’s a good point!

We like to request a rotation depending on which day we have Palo/Remy planned to ensure to not miss our favorite menus. The next cruise we have Palo Brunch on our last day and we know we won’t want an extensive dinner. So we requested to be in Royal Palace that day because we are not fans of that menu. So far we have always gotten the rotation we asked for.

For anyone on the Fantasy lately, was there a lobster night, & do you remember what night it was?

dk

Wasn't on Fantasy but on the Dream, lobster was same night as Captain's gala (also the formal dress optional night). I will say I wouldn't expect consistency. My lobster was overcooked but my gf's was perfect.

Perhaps that was a coincidence but lobster night was on our secind night but first night in the Royal Palace. (Edit...i may actually be misrembering this)

Wasn't on Fantasy but on the Dream, lobster was same night as Captain's gala (also the formal dress optional night). I will say I wouldn't expect consistency. My lobster was overcooked but my gf's was perfect.

Perhaps that was a coincidence but lobster night was on our secind night but first night in the Royal Palace. (Edit...i may actually be misrembering this)
"Lobster night" is always on your second, non-Pirate visit to Royal Court. It's never at any other time. It has nothing to do with the dress code for the night.

"Lobster night" is always on your second, non-Pirate visit to Royal Court. It's never at any other time. It has nothing to do with the dress code for the night.

That's why I said I might be misrembering it. I found the same exact menu under the name "captain's gala" on a cruise website & i got my wires crossed 😅

But what if my second, non-Pirate visit to Royal Court is on NEW YEAR'S EVE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter