Living Naturally?

Thank you for the wonderful information! I have learned so much. :)

Thanks for all of the info. I watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It was interesting but I am a bit skeptical as it was extreme. (for those who haven't seen it, a man is able to cue his chronic uritcaria by going on a 60 day juice fast. He also goes from morbidly obese to a healthy weight.) I was very interested in his results and the people they intierviewed were fairly mainstream including Patrick Furman and Neal Barnard.

I just don't now how healthy that is. He was under some pretty strict medical supervision when he did it.

I did get my test results back from my integrative medicine doctor. I am now on thyroid meds as my T3 free/T3 reverse ratio is low. She said some of that could be exposure to environmental toxins or it could be genetic as my mom has thyroid problems. I am taking Armour right now. This is definitely tightening my resolve to try to move towards more natural cleaners like vengar.

I also have allergies to beef, gluten, eggs, and dairy. She wants me to get a genetic test done for celiac. So in addition to vegan I am going gluten free which is a little scary as gluten is in so many things!

She also gave me three specific supplements to take: a probiotic to reduce the risk of stmach problems from an antibiotic I was on for a chronic sinus infection, Vitamin D and vitamin B as I was low on those two.

I did pick up the China Study at Whole Foods yesterday and plan to read that this week.

What are some natural cleaners that you use that you find effective? I know vinegar is pretty good, anything else that you recomend?

Thanks for all of the info. I watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It was interesting but I am a bit skeptical as it was extreme. (for those who haven't seen it, a man is able to cue his chronic uritcaria by going on a 60 day juice fast. He also goes from morbidly obese to a healthy weight.) I was very interested in his results and the people they intierviewed were fairly mainstream including Patrick Furman and Neal Barnard.

I just don't now how healthy that is. He was under some pretty strict medical supervision when he did it.

I did get my test results back from my integrative medicine doctor. I am now on thyroid meds as my T3 free/T3 reverse ratio is low. She said some of that could be exposure to environmental toxins or it could be genetic as my mom has thyroid problems. I am taking Armour right now. This is definitely tightening my resolve to try to move towards more natural cleaners like vengar.

I also have allergies to beef, gluten, eggs, and dairy. She wants me to get a genetic test done for celiac. So in addition to vegan I am going gluten free which is a little scary as gluten is in so many things!

She also gave me three specific supplements to take: a probiotic to reduce the risk of stmach problems from an antibiotic I was on for a chronic sinus infection, Vitamin D and vitamin B as I was low on those two.

I did pick up the China Study at Whole Foods yesterday and plan to read that this week.

What are some natural cleaners that you use that you find effective? I know vinegar is pretty good, anything else that you recomend?

I firmly believe in this way of eating. I feel great and it has had a tremendous health impact on both my husband and son. I can't imagine ever changing. However, I am not a fan of "extreme" videos either. I prefer to read the science behind it. I am also big on finding out who is funding the research. I've watched bits and pieces of the extreme videos but I can honestly say I don't think I have every watched one in its entirety.

This has been a VERY interesting read.

I stopped eating mammals almost 3 years ago -- I fought with it for quite awhile. My logic was I wouldn't eat my cats (or any dogs), so why is it okay to eat a cow, pig, sheep, etc.? I still eat fish and poultry, but I have noticed over the last year that the amount has gone down quite a bit.

I am lucky that I have a woman near by that raises free-range chickens and I buy the most beautiful eggs from her (she has "Easter Egg" chickens + others, so I get a beautiful dozen of white, different colored browns, speckled, green and blue eggs!) The bonus is I get to visit with the "girls" sometimes, too.

I don't think I'll ever go fully vegetarian, but I feel happier with myself that I'm not eating those beautiful animals.

Leather has never been an issue for me -- I have always hated the smell of leather, so won't buy leather products.

Thanks for all the great information and keep talking!

something else I found recently that has been a good resource are you tube videos by vegan zombie. I know odd name and its a little silly, he pretends he is cooking while hiding out from the zombies.
but...............his recipes are very simple, and basic and healthy.
I haven't tried any yet, so can't comment on taste, but I plan to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI_nr0hLjYk

he has a website and facebook page with the recipes. I like seeing how things come together so the you tube is helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter