Live from WDW for 9 days, the Nicki and Todd dining review with a ton of PICS!!!!

I was wondering about this myself. Might have to try one in May!

Loving yout report and pictures. I was drooling at the pastry and dessert shots! If you're getting another Peach Tea Schnapps can you ask them what's in it? It looks SO good and I love Peach Schnapps. Maybe one can make it in the blender.

MickeyNicki said:
;Taco salad, onions, lettuce, tomato and salsa

Disney054.jpg
I love taco salads, and this one actually looks good in the picture. Was it made with ground beef or chicken? Do you think it would be worth giving it another try, or should we skip it? (I know we wont be getting the tacos or the rice. They didn't look good at all.)

Great Review :goodvibes

I can't wait til June 14 to make my ADRS. :) Ohana's new menu looks alot better than the one we had last year when we were there, GF tea looks great as always and Tutto's looks like a must for me. Keep up the good work. :goodvibes

Thanks for all the wonderful reviews and pictures!
I have a question about Boma. Will they make you an omelet? They list that on allears but I noticed that they were pre-made in your pictures.
Thanks Again for all the work that went into your reviews!

Yes they have eggs and omelets made to order.

I love taco salads, and this one actually looks good in the picture. Was it made with ground beef or chicken? Do you think it would be worth giving it another try, or should we skip it? (I know we wont be getting the tacos or the rice. They didn't look good at all.)

It was made with beef and we would skip it the next time...just wasnt great at all

Hi all! Back again, we were going to stay at Epcot EMH but it has been pouring rain, I'm talking so hard you cannot see, since 5 so we are back in the room. Bummer but what are you gonna do? We still watched the fireworks from our balcony :goodvibes

Breakfast this morning was our favorite, Cape May Cafe. We arrived at 7:45 and the place was already slammed...so the word is out on this place and now everyone is coming in early.

We were seated right away to a small booth right next to the buffet and ordered OJ and Coffee to jump start us.

Disney003-6.jpg

Here are our plates:

Disney001-4.jpg

Disney002-6.jpg

Disney004-5.jpg

OATMEAL

Disney028-2.jpg

We saw all the characters and they were adorable. The food was good and has always been our favorite but we are now leaning towards Boma as the breakfast of champions. The yogurt bar used to have fresh blueberries and raspberries but has not for a few trips now, there are lots of other add ins though. The bread pudding is the best ever, so creamy and covered with the sauce. The biscuits and gravy are good, the fresh fruit is awesome, the eggs and stuff are wonderful. The pastries are a bit greasy tasting although the croissants are fantastic. We will for sure be back but after a Boma day!

We had a nice breakfast but the food did not stick to your ribs like that of Boma...or it could be that we ate so much at Boma that we were not hungry for hours! :cool1: Total cost with the DDE was $39.20

I will post all the food pics to Cape May in another post, too many and it will not load one one.

YOGURT BAR WITH CRANBERRIES, GRANOLA, MIXED FRUIT, STRAWBERRY YOGURT

Disney005-6.jpg

YOGURT BAR WITH ALMOND, CHOCOLATE CHIPS, STRAWBERRIES, RASPBERRY SAUCE

Disney006-4.jpg

YOGURT BAR WITH BANANA CHIPS, DRIED COCONUT, BANANAS, PLAIN YOGURT

Disney007-5.jpg

SCRAMBLED EGGS AND BACON

Disney008-5.jpg

FRITTATA AND SAUSAGE

Disney009-5.jpg

POTATOES, APPLE BLINTZES, ASPARAGUS

Disney010-5.jpg

BREAKFAST PIZZA AND BISCUITS AND GRAVY

Disney011-4.jpg

MICKEY WAFFLES

Disney012-5.jpg

THE MOST WONDERFUL BREAD PUDDING

Disney013-5.jpg

BRAN AND BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

Disney014-5.jpg

LEMON POPPYSEED BREAD AND CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS

Disney015-5.jpg

APPLE, CHEESE AND CHERRY DANISH AND CINNAMON BUNS

Disney016-5.jpg

CROISSANTS

Disney017-5.jpg

HARD BOILED EGGS, GRAPEFRUIT, ORANGES, SALSA AND CHEDDAR CHEESE FOR THE EGGS

Disney018-6.jpg

BAGELS, LOX, CAPERS, ONIONS, TOMATOES ETC

Disney019-6.jpg

Disney020-4.jpg

We just came back from a local Italian place a few minutes ago. I kept thinking about those Tutto photos! My dinner just didn't compare. :sad2:

OATMEAL

Disney021-3.jpg

GRITS

Disney022-2.jpg

WATERMELON AND HONEYDEW

Disney023-3.jpg

CANTELOPE AND GRAPES

Disney024-2.jpg

PINEAPPLE

Disney025-2.jpg

CREAM CHEESE AND ONIONS

Disney026-1.jpg

TOMATOES AND CAPERS

Disney027-1.jpg

After breakfast we headed to Epcot and Soarin, we were lucky to get a fast pass and wait just 10 minutes in line...both times in the center and the first row...I was so happy :goodvibes

We had a great morning but it was unseasonably hot and we were so thirsty...I needed a frozen drink and lunch. I knew I wanted Tangierine Cafe and the thought of a Tangerine Daquiri was in my head but the machine was down again, just like in Oct. Will I ever get to try this concoction???

DH had his heart set on China so I grabbed a falafel wrap that came with 2 sides. I have never had this before but it sounded and looked so good. It was better than I could have imagined! It came with this spicy fresh tasting green herb side dish and a pickled veggie side dish, both were outstanding. Even DH loved it and helped me eat it although you could see my death glare a mile away the fool kept on biting into it! No worries as we are going back there tomorrow for lunch. Falafel is a mixture of ground chick peas, herbs and spices and bread crumbs, fried and put onto flat bread with onions, lettuce, tomatoes and the cool cucumber sauce. It was amazing and I cannot wait to go back.

Disney042-2.jpg

Disney043-2.jpg

Disney044-2.jpg

Here are some pastry pics and frozen drink pics from Tangierine Cafe.

Disney041-2.jpg

Disney040-1.jpg

Disney039-2.jpg

Disney037-2.jpg

Disney038-2.jpg

Afterwards we shared a rainbow kakigori, tangerine, melon and strawberry. These are wonderful and not too sweet. Just an FYI there are no sugar free versions..I overheard a woman asking and the CM said no.

Disney045-2.jpg

We finally arrived at the Lotus Blossom where DH ordered the usual, shrimp fried rice with egg roll and peach oolong ice tea. The rice is light and fluffy and loaded with shrimp. The best egg roll we have had all week. The tea is already sweetened and wonderful.

Disney034-1.jpg

Disney035-1.jpg

Wow you make everything sound great can't wait to hear and see more.. Thanks for sharing

And to round out the day we have dinner. What a nightmare this was. I originally had Capt Grille at the YC but then DH wanted me to change to San Angel Inn. Around 4 today he decides he doesnt want that and see what I can get for us. OY VEY dude you are driving me nuts. So I had the girl on the phone, she must have thought I was insane. She did have Spoodles and Nine Dragons open for 6 pm but DH said no to both. She had CP open at 6:20 but DH said no he wasnt feeling a buffet. She had 50's PT at 7 but DH said it was too late...I swear I felt like I was in the 3 little bears story, you know the one...THIS IS TOO HOT, THIS IS TOO COLD!

I asked about Capt Grille and it was sold out so we were stuck with Mexico. When we went down to the lobby DH checked with the CG to see if there was anything available, it was 5:25. They sat us at 5:35 and DH had that smug HAH face going on...I could have killed..er KISSED him.

So we had a nice little table on the outer edge and we watched the heavy duty rain come down. We also saw 2 brides and grooms being photo'd in the hallway, they were gorgeous.

I had a bottle of Evian and a Capt Galley cocktail made with spiced rum and strawberry banana colada mix. It was fantastic.

Disney046-2.jpg

DH had ice tea.

Disney047-2.jpg

Our server, Wang, was awesome, she brought out these wonderful cheese rolls for us.

Disney048-1.jpg

I had the lettuce wedge...or 3 lettuce wedges with green goddess dressing, super crispy bacon, creamy and melty blue cheese...it was awesome and we ate every bite.

Disney050.jpg

DH had the caesar salad with homemade dressing and croutons...again if was delicious and so crisp and fresh.

Disney049-1.jpg

I ordered the apple cider pork chop with sweet potatoes and fingerling potatoes, out of this world amazing and the pork was so tender it was like running a knife through butter. It was cooked perfectly and there was not one thing wrong with it. The chop was huge so DH had to help me out.

I ordered the apple cider pork chop with sweet potatoes and fingerling potatoes, out of this world amazing and the pork was so tender it was like running a knife through butter. It was cooked perfectly and there was not one thing wrong with it. The chop was huge so DH had to help me out

Disney051.jpg

DH ordered the roasted chicken with baked beans and cranberry cornbread. The chicken was awesome but the baked beans were nasty, there was a TON of green and red peppers and bacon in them...it was so gross. The cornbread was in the bowl with the beans so the bottom part soaked up the nasty pepper flavor and the top part was super sweet.

Disney052-1.jpg

We were way to full for dessert but have no fear my friends, I took pictures of the desserts for you!

BLUEBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE

Disney053-1.jpg

CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE

Disney054-1.jpg

SMORES

Disney055-1.jpg

APPLE CRANBERRY ALMOND COBBLER WITH SUGAR FREE VANILLA GELATO

Disney056-1.jpg

BOSTON CREAM PIE CAKE

Disney057-1.jpg

Total with the DDE was $67.68

We will be back here for sure!

Wow! Do you have any idea how much we are appreciating you doing this for us???!!!! I will be at the BCV in 12 short days, I cannot wait!!!!

Wow! Do you have any idea how much we are appreciating you doing this for us???!!!! I will be at the BCV in 12 short days, I cannot wait!!!!

Oh yes I sure do! I love it when other Disers post pictures too!

I'm a brand new member here and have been lurking for a few days now reading your reviews and WOW! I'm planning my fmaily Disney excursion for next May and have become obsessed with the planning process. Your pics and reviews are making it very easy to decide where to eat, thank you so much for doing this! I am especially grateful for the Ohana and Kona reviews, we are staying across the street at the SOG and the Poly dining places are really convenient for me. :thanks:

Casey

Me: 31 ::MinnieMo
DH: 32:smickey:
DD: Almost 5 :tink:

Hello from a former fellow SW Floridian! :wave2: (I used to live in Ft. Myers)

I just want to tell you that your dining reviews and photos of the food simply ROCK!! :banana: I am literally drooling...:worship: I want to try a tangerine daquiri...yummmmmm.. :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing, and I hope the last few days of your trip are MAGICAL!

Just wanted to say hi, I have been lurking since you started your report and I have looked forward to reading it every day! We are leaving for Disney tomorrow and I love reading about someone who is there right now! One question: How are the crowds, especially during the morning hours? Thanks for the pics, I am thinking about adding some more ADRs (if I can) thanks to your pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter