Live from WDW for 9 days, the Nicki and Todd dining review with a ton of PICS!!!!

GIRLFRIEND! How are you! I am going to try and start my Jan dining report this weekend and we leave Tues night, should arrive at the Poly around 9pm or so.

We def need to get a group of us together for a drink in Oct! That would be a blast!!

I can't wait!!! I'll be living vicariously through you all!!! We still haven't informed DH that Cait and I are going in Oct! (lol! what he doesn't know won't hurt him... we'll wait til August or so...LOL!)

I'm interested in how Poly is...since Cait and I will be staying there for 2 nights.... though it'll be CL. (oh yeah!) We switched our "mid week" hotel to CSR...didn't know if you noticed that on my siggie. Then we have ONE LONELY NIGHT at AKL...but we're not going to parks that day, so it'll be one night of pampering love... on CL. (we're looking forward to chilling out ~at the pool, at the lounge, checking out the animals~ before running all over the parks...LOL!) It was definately a splurge... but I think it'll be worth it... and the plus... BOMA!!!!! (for breakfast...though we may try dinner once.)

I'll be on the lookout for your report! (can't wait!!! :hyper: :hyper: )

I Know this thread is old, but I came across it while searching for reviews on Ohanas. I love how you have an index of all the restaurants on the first page. It's so easy to find and you have great pictures.

I Know this thread is old, but I came across it while searching for reviews on Ohanas. I love how you have an index of all the restaurants on the first page. It's so easy to find and you have great pictures.

Thank you, glad it helps! I am currently doing a live review from the Poly, link in my signature, stop on by if you get a sec

Dinner tonight was the Beirgarten, DH's fav place. We were supposed to go at 6:30 but DH was hungry around 4:45 so we took a chance and went to the podium to see if they could take us earlier, they said sure thing and we were seated right then and there. They were taking alot of walk ups.

We were seated with 4 other parties of 2 and no one spoke except the nice couple across from us...very friendly couple. The show was just starting as we sat down with our "FIRST PLATES!"

The potato leek soup was very salty, dont remember it being that way the last time I had it...I couldnt eat it but DH loved it.

Disney007.jpg

This is DH's plate, good luck figuring out what the heck he is eating! :scared1:

Disney008.jpg

We both got different food items and shared. The cold sausages were very good, killer macaroni salad, tomato salad, cucumber salad, they had herring salad but we dont eat that. The pretzel rolls were a bit hard but still very good, they had roasted pork that was very good, the pork schnitzel was out of this world, killer brauts with kraut, the potato dumplings were weird...very doughy. The hot dogs were very mushy, roasted chicken was great, the beef roulades were great (especially with the wine sauce), awesome spaetzel, roasted potatoes, carrots...it was all fantastic!

Dessert was OMIGOD SLAP YOU MAMA (or anyone's mama :rotfl: ) GOOD! I was going to get us one dinner plate of desserts to share but then I turned into a pig and made DH get his own! :rotfl2: The Bavarian Cheesecake was so super light and creamy you thought you died and went to heaven...and then they had this little cup or Berry Compote...reminds me of the Rice Cream topping in Norway, and I put that on top of the cheesecake and I was in LOVE! The vanilla pudding was a very bland version, not sweet at all. The Apple Strudel was very good with super tart apples and I drowned that sucker in vanilla sauce..you could hear the apples asking for a life raft!

So DH comes back to the table with the sad face, no more berry compote left but luckily I had half a cup left for him. He liked everything, including the almond butter cookies.

WE OINKED OUT! But was it worth it! Total cost with the DDE (including the tip) was $64 and change.

Now DH thought I was nuts but for my DIS peeps I went to the buffet tables and took pics...hope you can see them!

SPAETZEL

Disney019.jpg

GERMAN POTATO SALAD

Disney018.jpg

CARROTS, CHICKEN PIECES, SALMON, PORK SCHNITZEL

Disney016.jpg

BRAUTS, KRAUT, POTATO WEDGES, BEEF ROLADEN sp?

Disney015.jpg

PRETZEL BREAD AND POTATO LEEK SOUP

Disney014.jpg

SALAD, CUCUMBER SALAD, TOMATO SALAD

Disney013.jpg

COLD SAUSAGES, BRAUT SALAD, MACARONI SALAD, BEET SALAD, HERRING SALAD

Disney012.jpg

APPLE STRUDEL

Disney011.jpg

BAVARIAN CHEESECAKE, BLACK FOREST CAKE, FRUIT, VANILLA PUDDING CUPS

Disney010.jpg

CARVING STATION WITH ROASTED PORK

Disney009.jpg

O M G you do not even know how hungry this made me!! :goodvibes everything looks so good, i got my family excited about trying it now!

Thank goodness I'm at lunch, so I don't eat my phone :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter