LIVE FROM THE 11/19 Turkeyday Magic....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tri-circle-D said:
A party weekend in Gainesville? :scratchin

Wait, isn't it a party weekend in Gainesville every weekend? :rotfl2: :banana: :cool1: :woohoo:

It was when I went to school there! :hippie:

Who knows, it might be time for a TCD road trip! :moped:

If I don't make it, I will sure be there in spirit! party:

Go Gators!

TCD

Yes,there is always a party going on,but look how long it took for us to celebrate something like this<G>!

Let us know if you come to town.Our number is in the book.

Go Gators!

Maria

Maria, may we ALL come to the Gator party? party:

Andrew, tell us about WDW! Rachel said there's a new (?) ride at Animal Kingdom? Did you ride 'Soaring' at Epcot? Our last trip to WDW was January 2005. Post a report here! pooh: pluto: :goofy: :tigger: :donald: :mickeyjum

Doogie,

My neighbor just brought home a 2006 Lotus Exige' (sp?)
He parks it next to his Ferrari and Mini!

DOOGIERUNNER said:
@#$^#$%!!! in that case I'm NOT going! :lmao:

Actually, I think we have a quandry in agreement... T-day 2007 Whoo Hooo!!

Doogie- What did Mrs. TCD ever do to you? If you want me to leave her home, then that could be a problem. :rotfl2: If Mrs. TCD wasn't with me on a trip, who would keep me from breaking into top secret areas of the ship or entering contests where I might make a fool of myself? :woohoo:

TCD

Mickeyhugger said:

Andrew, tell us about WDW! Rachel said there's a new (?) ride at Animal Kingdom? Did you ride 'Soaring' at Epcot? Our last trip to WDW was January 2005. Post a report here! pooh: pluto: :goofy: :tigger: :donald: :mickeyjum

Priscilla, you had to ask, so here is your requested trip report:

The TCD’s invaded WDW for Spring Break ‘06 from March 25 through April 1st.

It had been about a year since we last visited the WDW theme parks. We have had Florida Resident’s Season Passes for several years, and believe it or not, the kids were getting tired of visiting WDW. We actually purchased Busch Gardens/Sea World passes for 2005, and also visited Universal Studios in 2005.

During Spring Break, we were able to visit the 4 WDW theme parks multiple times. There are a lot of new attractions which have been added in conjunction with the celebration of Disneyland’s 50th anniversary.

The parks were very crowded all of the time during this trip. A lot of Florida schools were enjoying Spring Break, and it looks like WDW had become very popular again with the locals.

We had perfect weather all week. We were camping in our pop-up camper at Ft. Wilderness, which we have done frequently, but we have never had such nice weather. The nights were cool, usually in the 50's to 60's, and the days were warm, but not hot and humid, always in the 70's, and a couple of days in the low 80's. We did not get a drop of rain all week. Unfortunately, conditions are very dry here in Florida right now.

Ft. Wilderness is a great place to stay when visiting WDW. It is quiet and relaxing, and a great place to escape the noise and chaos of the parks. If you have never tried it, I strongly suggest that you consider it. In addition to the camp sites, they have really nice Cabins, which are a lot of fun to stay in. There are lots of activities at the campground, too. Our favorite is the Campfire and movie, which is held every night. It begins with a sing a long, and then they show a Disney movie on a drive-in movie type screen.

Here are the highlights of our visits to the new attractions in the theme parks:

Animal Kingdom- The new attraction here is Expedition Everest. It is a huge mountain (bigger than any of the MK mountains) with a roller coaster on it. There is a huge Animatronic Yeti figure in the ride. The TCD kids love roller coasters. They love Disney’s Space Mountain and Rockin’ Roller Coaster, as well as Universal’s Hulk and Mummy, and Busch Garden’s Shiekra and Montu. I mention this so that you will understand how much we liked EE. The TCD’s rate EE as our favorite coaster any where. As resort guests, we also got to enjoy Extra Magic Hours. Each day, certain parks are open early or also late for resort guests. Some days there are EMH both in the morning and afternoon, other days it might only be morning or evening, but there was at least one park offering EMH each day. We were able to visit Animal Kingdom for an EMH on a Wednesday evening. I strongly recommend this. Visiting Animal Kingdom at night is magical. We were able to ride EE 10 times on that day!

EPCOT- The newest attraction here is Soarin’ when we visited the first day, we arrived in the late morning, and the stand-by line for Soarin’ was 120 minutes! There is no way that we could or would wait for 2 hours to ride any ride, so we took Fast Passes for this ride. We went over to Mission Space, which we all love. For whatever reason, MS does not draw crowds, so the line for this ride is seldom longer than 15 minutes. It is a really great and unique ride. The line for Test Trac was also long, so we decided to spend some time in the Innoventions pavilions. In Innoventions, there are several new displays. We stood in line to participate in a new attraction which is sponsored by the Plastic Manufactures of American, or something like that. It is a display where they convince you of how wonderful plastic is, and then you get to play an interactive computer game, and then you get to go into a room and build your own plastic robot (which you get to keep). This is a free attraction and you get a free plastic robot. What is not to like? I love plastic! So anyway, the reason I am mentioning this, is that after we waited to get into this attraction for about 10 or 15 minutes, the computer that one of my daughters got assigned to was not working. All of the other computers were taken, so if she wanted to play, she would have to wait until the next group was allowed to enter, which might be another 10 or 15 minutes. I just let her use my computer-no big deal. Well, the next thing we know, a cast member comes up and apologizes for the inconvenience, and hands me a piece of paper that is called a “No Strings Attached” pass. It has a picture of Pinnochio on it. I had never heard of one of these, but what it says is that it can be used to go to the front of the line of any attraction in the park. Sweet! So, we hightail it over to Soarin’. Still a 2 hour wait. We show the pass, and are told to walk up to the front of the Fast Pass line. We do as told, and walk past hundreds of patiently waiting guests, all the way to the front of the line. Show the pass, and we are on the ride within minutes.

Soarin’ is a great ride. You are in a big theater with a huge curved screen in the front. You sit down in a bench type seat, and then are raised up while a movie is played on the screen. The seats are coordinated with fans and scent making machines, and they move with the movie being played. The effect is that you feel like you are viewing beautiful scenes of California by a hang glider. This is another great and unique attraction.

Well, after we ride Soarin’ we realize that we still have the No Strings Attached Pass. I thought that it would only be good for one ride, but no one collected it. So, we headed over to Test Track. Ninety minute wait. We show the pass, and go to the front of the line! Here, they did collect the pass from us, but we got to ride TT. That pass saved us from 3 ½ hours of lines!

Another new thing we tried at EPCOT was Turtle Talk with Crush, which is a new attraction in the Living Seas pavilion. Crush is the father turtle in the Finding Nemo movie. He is like a surfer dude. So what this is is a small theater in which they show an animated Crush. Somehow, they are able to make that animated turtle see who is in the crowd, and interact with them. The animated turtle makes expressions and movements that make this a pretty realistic experience. I don’t know how they do it. It actually was a lot better than I expected. So, we are there in a room full of people, and who does Crush pick out of the crowd to talk to? One of the TCD daughters, of course. I think it might have had something to do with her hot dog hat. I guess Crush never saw one of those before. He asked Katie who she came to EPCOT with, and she said her dad, and then Crush wanted to talk to me. He wanted to meet the Dad who bought his daughter a hot dog hat. What? This turtle doesn’t get out much!

We were also able to visit EPCOT for an EMH evening. That one ran from 9 to midnight. It was pretty crowded at the beginning of the night, but as midnight approached, we were able to walk on the attractions.

MGM Studios- The big new attraction here is the Extreme Stunt Show. I think it is called Lights, Motors, Action! It is a stunt show with cars and motorcycles. Not really a big interest to the TCD girls, but we did take a look. They have built a big impressive stadium for this show. There is a lot of action, explosions and fire. A very good and entertaining addition to the park. At the Studios, we were also able to see a display from the Chronicles of Narnia movie. That was pretty neat. It had costumes, props, etc., and the White Witch, or whatever her name is, pops in to scare every one. That was a neat little attraction. We were able to play Who Wants To Be a Millionaire a couple of times, which is always fun. I have never made it to the hot seat. I will one day. The prize they give away for the million point winner is a three night Disney Cruise!

Magic Kingdom- Not a lot of new stuff for us here. We visited the new Stitch ride. It is basically just a re-do of Alien Encounter, but where there used to be a scary alien, now they have Stitch. We all thought the attraction was kind of boring. Too bad, they could have done more with this. I finally got the girls into the Hall of Presidents (they think it is boring) and got to hear W’s speech. I guess W’s been in there for a while, but the last time we were in there, it was still slick Willie. We have seen the Wishes fireworks show before, but I guess this is still kind of new. If you haven’t seen Wishes, it is definitely worth sticking around to see that. A great show.

Well, I guess that is enough. Bottom line is if you haven’t been to WDW in a year or two, plan on making a trip. There are a lot of new attractions. The parks are in great shape, and after having been away myself for a while, I have to say that over all it is still quite impressive how well themed and clean the Disney parks are compared to their competitors.

If you have any specific questions about the parks, fire away.

TCD

Tri-circle-D said:
Doogie- What did Mrs. TCD ever do to you? If you want me to leave her home, then that could be a problem. :rotfl2: If Mrs. TCD wasn't with me on a trip, who would keep me from breaking into top secret areas of the ship or entering contests where I might make a fool of myself? :woohoo:

TCD

That quote is PRICELESS!!!!!

Mickeyhugger said:
Great pictures Buddy Bear. So you won't be joining us on the Turkey Day reunion cruise in 07?

Trey, I agree about the Med prices. Oh, to have that kind of money and time to do a cruise such as that!

O.K., been gone a few ays and now getting caught up! My inlaws 40th is next year and want to do a Med cruise. Kims side is Italian actually Sicilian sp? and they want to sail over there. But, they were complaing about the 5k for the 2 of them :rotfl2: If only they knew :stir:

And Willie!!!!! Don't know if you got my message :confused3 but I was up at the local bar shooting some pool and playing some darts and this guy said he was from your are!!! Something about a bar called West? He was a regional mgr for Dominos Pizza in charge of franchizes etc......

Hey just got this p.m. from a mod about my "last one to post" thread

Happy Thread Birthday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last to post thread is officially 1
today at 9:56 pm

We are really close to 100,000 posts too

did you ever think it would get like this when you started it

Just saying Thanks again and Happy birhtday

Mickeyhugger said:

Of course you all can come.We are less than three hours from the mouse.

Maria

LAMPSKIES said:

And Willie!!!!! Don't know if you got my message :confused3 but I was up at the local bar shooting some pool and playing some darts and this guy said he was from your area!!! Something about a bar called West? He was a regional mgr for Dominos Pizza in charge of franchizes etc......

Hmmm.... He must have been talking about the Handlebar West. I have only been in there once. Did he give you his name? I don't think I know any Domino's mgrs.

BTW, Teresa (Silver7) is back on the DIS. WindemereJudy on the 10 day thread "talked" to her on their 11 day June 2007 Med thread. She told Judy she was an EX-Turkey, so, Judy knew she knew you and I! I dropped in to their thread and said howdy! You may want to ask her why she did not take your call last November. :rolleyes:

W

Lampy, I copied your idea and framed my Pirate Night Menu. It is in a little room that I have my treadmill and weight machine in. I can work out and dream of being on a beach or the Magic.

ef8c124e.jpg

ef8c12b6.jpg

ef8c13a5.jpg

LAMPSKIES said:
Hey just got this p.m. from a mod about my "last one to post" thread

Happy Thread Birthday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last to post thread is officially 1
today at 9:56 pm

We are really close to 100,000 posts too

did you ever think it would get like this when you started it

Just saying Thanks again and Happy birhtday

Wow! 100,000 posts in one year. Congratualtions, Lampy.

Well, it looks like we need to pick up the pace here. This thread is already almost 6 months old, so we shoud be on pace to be close to 50,000 posts. Let's get going!

TCD

WMILLER86 said:
Lampy, I copied your idea and framed my Pirate Night Menu. It is in a little room that I have my treadmill and weight machine in. I can work out and dream of being on a beach or the Magic.

ef8c13a5.jpg

Hey Dubbya- Nice art work! Is that there one of them singin' Big Mouth Billy Basses?

I need to show this to Mrs. TCD- maybe we could start fixin' up our double wide! :rotfl2:

TCD

Tri-circle-D said:
Hey Dubbya- Nice art work! Is that there one of them singin' Big Mouth Billy Basses?

I need to show this to Mrs. TCD- maybe we could start fixin' up our double wide! :rotfl2:

TCD

Now Andrew, you KNOW that a double wide is way too fancy for a bass mount on the wall!
I TOLD y'all that I was a redneck. And yet you do not believe! On the other wall I do have deer horns mounted. (But no, not the whole head.)

WMILLER86 said:
Now Andrew, you KNOW that a double wide is way too fancy for a bass mount on the wall!
I TOLD y'all that I was a redneck. And yet you do not believe! On the other wall I do have deer horns mounted. (But no, not the whole head.)

Dubbya- You are my hero! Back when we got married, Mrs. TCD laid down the law that I was not allowed to have any of the furnishings from my bachelor pad in our new home. I had a sweet collection of beer mirrors and signs, and all kinds of other cool stuff. I had to give it all to my brother! :sad1: I am like the tom cat who had to be housebroken. I just have to spend my days looking out the window at the wild cats like you, and dream about what could have been! :rotfl2:

TCD

Tri-circle-D said:
Dubbya- You are my hero! Back when we got married, Mrs. TCD laid down the law that I was not allowed to have any of the furnishings from my bachelor pad in our new home. I had a sweet collection of beer mirrors and signs, and all kinds of other cool stuff. I had to give it all to my brother! :sad1: I am like the tom cat who had to be housebroken. I just have to spend my days looking out the window at the wild cats like you, and dream about what could have been! :rotfl2:

TCD
Andrew, that's too funny! :rotfl2: What would some of you men have done, without us women, to housebreak you? The first time I saw Rob's apartment (when we were dating) he kept what few knives and forks he had on his countertops. All of his kitchen drawers contained tools and flashlights. His dishrags were the red 'shoprags' you buy in the auto-parts stores. No pots and pans either. He used his camping utensils to cook! And he didn't have any sort of dining or kitchen table. He used that area for a foosball table. It hit me then, 'this guy really needs a wife.' :love: :hug: I'm sure Mrs. TCD had the same thoughts about you? :p

Willie, I really like the pirate night collage! I think I want to do the same, rather than keep the pictures on a disc. I have to say, I love the bass too! The only other ones I've seen are the singing 'Billy Bass.' I was driving behind a truck one time, and saw a miniature deer head cover over the trailer hitch. Have you ever seen one of those? :)

Priscilla

Mickeyhugger said:
Andrew, that's too funny! :rotfl2: What would some of you men have done, without us women, to housebreak you? The first time I saw Rob's apartment (when we were dating) he kept what few knives and forks he had on his countertops. All of his kitchen drawers contained tools and flashlights. His dishrags were the red 'shoprags' you buy in the auto-parts stores. No pots and pans either. He used his camping utensils to cook! And he didn't have any sort of dining or kitchen table. He used that area for a foosball table. It hit me then, 'this guy really needs a wife.' :love: :hug: I'm sure Mrs. TCD had the same thoughts about you? :p

Willie, I really like the pirate night collage! I think I want to do the same, rather than keep the pictures on a disc. I have to say, I love the bass too! The only other ones I've seen are the singing 'Billy Bass.' I was driving behind a truck one time, and saw a miniature deer head cover over the trailer hitch. Have you ever seen one of those? :)

Priscilla

I knew that Rob was my kind of guy!

You mentioning the deer head hitch cover reminded me of something else that I saw on the back of a pick up here (we have rednecks in Florida too). This hitch cover was actually a minature deer with legs, and when the brake lights came on the legs spun around! I'm sure those are all over Texas.

I actually have a Billy Bass here at the office (although we keep him in a drawer), but my in-laws have one hanging on the wall of their vacation home. My DD's about wear out the batteries in that thing every time we visit there!

TCD

Tri-circle-D said:
This hitch cover was actually a minature deer with legs, and when the brake lights came on the legs spun around! I'm sure those are all over Texas.

I actually have a Billy Bass here at the office (although we keep him in a drawer), but my in-laws have one hanging on the wall of their vacation home. My DD's about wear out the batteries in that thing every time we visit there!

TCD

I HAVE to find one of those deer now. They sound even funnier. And it sounds as if your in-laws bought the bass SPECIFICALLY so your DDs could have fun playing with it.

I meant also to ask, which restaurants did you visit (if any) at WDW? We always make it a point to go to the Brown Derby (twice, if we can) for their Cobb salad. (oh, I can taste it now!) And the breakfast at Cinderella's Castle. (We used to wake up before 600 a.m. just to get in the 'window' to get the priority seating for that. It was more for me, I loved the cinnamon cheese danish.) And no trip to WDW would've been complete without Chef Mickey's. :mickeyjum Starting to get Disney fever here. Don't know what I'm going to do until November '07! :guilty:

Mickeyhugger said:
I HAVE to find one of those deer now. They sound even funnier. And it sounds as if your in-laws bought the bass SPECIFICALLY so your DDs could have fun playing with it.

I meant also to ask, which restaurants did you visit (if any) at WDW? We always make it a point to go to the Brown Derby (twice, if we can) for their Cobb salad. (oh, I can taste it now!) And the breakfast at Cinderella's Castle. (We used to wake up before 600 a.m. just to get in the 'window' to get the priority seating for that. It was more for me, I loved the cinnamon cheese danish.) And no trip to WDW would've been complete without Chef Mickey's. :mickeyjum Starting to get Disney fever here. Don't know what I'm going to do until November '07! :guilty:

Priscilla- It was extremely hard to get into any of the nice restaurants, because things were very crowded. We did visit Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom, the Canada restaurant in Epcot, the Japanese restaurant at Epcot, Trails End at Ft. Wilderness, and a lot of the quick service places. We have never tried the Brown Derby restaurant at MGM, maybe we will on our next visit.

I found a photo of that deer hitch cover I was talking about:

hitch_critters.jpg

Don't tell me you haven't seen that one in Texas.

By the way, let me show ya'll my hitch cover. I got this as a joke from one of my law partners two years ago. Sometimes when we camp, I put it on the Excursion and make sure people can see it. We have never actually used it, but Mrs. TCD and the DD's just about die from embarassment when I bring this along:

road8.jpg

TCD

Tri-circle-D said:

TCD

TCD, does she make you sit down to pottie to?!!!! :rotfl2: Little does she know the real Andrew :)

I also went through that; all my stuff got tossed. I got to admit though, Mrs. Doogie is a good decorator.

Took the afternoon off today; we had Corian installed in our kitchen and spent the day talking sports and helping the contractors out. Saved some serious $$ by doing the tearout and plumbing myself ($1,200). Mrs. Doogie doesn't have to know about!! She didn't want me messing w/ anything... but she's out of town :cool1: . I think $1200 is a deposit on T-day 07. :banana:

Finalized our WDW trip this summer. Staying at SSR and BWV for ten days followed by 7 at Atlantis.

I sold two BWV contracts on ebay and Disney exercised ROFR on the first. I'm assuming they'll do the same on the second as well as it sold for nearly the same price (75pp + closing costs).

Willie, Lincoln's pushing me to go fishing tomorrow.

Ya'll have a good weekend.

Doog

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter