Linking Annual Passes

disneydream211

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! We just got our annual pass magic bands in this week and we have a trip planned for mid May. My question is...we're getting our MBs for our reservation also, but do we still need to bring our annual pass MBs to use to get into the parks or will they link our APs to our resort reservation MBs? Thanks!

Hi everyone! We just got our annual pass magic bands in this week and we have a trip planned for mid May. My question is...we're getting our MBs for our reservation also, but do we still need to bring our annual pass MBs to use to get into the parks or will they link our APs to our resort reservation MBs? Thanks!

I'm wondering the same thing. We have a late May trip so hanging around for an answer :)

They should both link to your My Disney Experience account and you could use either if they are both on there.

They should both link to your My Disney Experience account and you could use either if they are both on there.

But be sure you have your actual APs with you all the time because in December we were still asked to show APs for store & food discounts. Also in case the MBs didn't scan properly to let us in the parks.

By Nov, I will have about 8 MBs....I have been told that they are interchangable. I will have 5 for my trip in June!!! One of which is my AP band...I should be able to take them all, and wear a different one each day if I want. They are automatically linked to your MDX account.
But...you should have received a card with your AP band. Be sure to bring that with you, at all times. That is what you will have to use for discounts in the shops.

You should link them on line. But if you have problems, AP MB stuff cannot be resolved at the resort--you will have to go to a park guest services.

Just remember, "All Magic Bands are Created Equal"
What I mean by that is, if you have a Disney Experience Account (which you must have to order Magic Bands) and you have correctly linked your ticket, and any resort reservations, then it don't matter which Magic Band you use, they will all share the same entitlements (tickets, resort info).
The ticket is not on the band, it's in your MDX account and all bands will "see" the same tickets.
Another way to think of it is like an iPod. If you have all your music in the Apple Cloud, you can access all of your tunes with your iPhone or your iPod.... it doesn't matter.
Got it?

I have all of our rezz's and our AP linked to MDE for our upcoming trip in July. I don't trust the arm bands so we will be bring our cards with us as we will use them for the discounts for dinner as we aren't doing DDP

As the PP's have noted, any and all your MB's will work to get you into the parks. Even more amazing is that your RFID enabled AP (for those of us that still have them) will also open your resort room door. Its all part of the magic.

I had the same question, as I don't live in the US, I can't have my AP magic bands sent to me. I e-mailed Disney yesterday and this is the reply I received:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

As long as your resort reservation and your Annual Pass are both linked
to your My Disney Experience account, then your Magic Band will be able
to function as your room key and your Annual Pass both! Magic Bands are
designed to read all information on your account, whether it be Annual
Passes, additional theme park tickets, FastPass+ selections, or room
reservations.

In addition, if you would rather not wear your Magic Bands, you can ask
at your Front Desk for room keys instead. They have all the same
functionality of the Magic Bands.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

We just back back from WDW a few days ago and we didn't have to show our Annual Passes in order to get the 10% discount at Trail's End and Captain's Grille. The wait staff said that the AP appeared when they scanned our MB's and we didn't need to show it to them. I know that this was a very recent thing, since we had to show our AP's back in January to get the discount at a participating restaurant.

My DH can't remember if he had to show his AP to get the discount on merchandise.

As other have stated, all the MB's are interchangeable. I took three of them and switched off all the time. It was nice to change to a dry MB after going swimming. :)

We just back back from WDW a few days ago and we didn't have to show our Annual Passes in order to get the 10% discount at Trail's End and Captain's Grille. The wait staff said that the AP appeared when they scanned our MB's and we didn't need to show it to them. I know that this was a very recent thing, since we had to show our AP's back in January to get the discount at a participating restaurant. My DH can't remember if he had to show his AP to get the discount on merchandise. As other have stated, all the MB's are interchangeable. I took three of them and switched off all the time. It was nice to change to a dry MB after going swimming. :)

We don't have charging privileges or dining linked to MDE or the MBs so have to show our APs to get the discounts. I use Disney Gift cards purchased at Target for all our expenses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter