Limit on dollars/travellers cqs into US

lisaj

DIS Veteran
Wonder if anyone knows the answer to this? I didn't think there was a limit on the currency you could take into the USA but a friend who has recently returned seems to think there is and had to provide information on the amount she had with her when she entered US?

I'm hoping not as i have already started to save my money by transferring to travellers cheques.

On the white customs form it asks you if you are carrying more than $10,000 in currency or monetary instruments (?) either in $$ or other currencies. If you are you need to fill in another form (Form 4790).

So, I guess the limit is $10,000 :)

That should be more than enough for your shopping in Orlando LOL

There are other countries which do have very strict limits on how much money you can import and export.

Thanks Goofyish - I only wish I was taking that much with me! It had me worried that I'd done the wrong thing keep pushing my savings into $ though.:surfweb: i couldn't find the information anywhere on the web, anyway you've put my mind at ease. Thanks again.

as tim says its $10,000,when you fill form in customs told us to just leave that blank
Paulh

Id like to have the problem of needing to declare my USD!! Even with our wedding trip and all those extras to pay for i wasnt close!

Wouldn't we all, imagine having $40,000 for the four of us. anyway, thanks for all the replies.

Wouldn't we all, imagine having $40,000 for the four of us. anyway, thanks for all the replies.

you would be surprised at how much you carry on you say 2 CC limit £4,000 each if 2 adults,thats $16,000.and any cash or TC you take.Plus if you take a debit card in theory the full ballance in your account.The white customs form is for a full family party not just one person
Paulh

you would be surprised at how much you carry on you say 2 CC limit £4,000 each if 2 adults,thats $16,000.and any cash or TC you take.Plus if you take a debit card in theory the full ballance in your account.The white customs form is for a full family party not just one person
Paulh

CC's are not include in the limit, they are not classed as a monetary instrument, otherwise we would be well over every time!!

Claire ;)

CC's are not include in the limit, they are not classed as a monetary instrument, otherwise we would be well over every time!!

Claire ;)

thats why customs told me to leave blank as i was worrying about CC not cash.
Paulh

Ps can you tell the wife there not a monetary insument,she shops with them like a deadly weapon

After watching Jacie Brown on TV last night hollywood confirms you need to declare anything over $10000!

thank you all very much for the replies. I can see now that it wouldn't take too much for a 'grown up' family to exceed the $10,000 but thank goodness you don't need to declare your credit card limit or it would put me off taking any!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter