Lia & Jess's Hot and Fancy Halloween and Christmas Party Trip! ~ NEW TR POSTED 9/2!!!

You got this started so quickly! I will be reading along and joining you for #mnsshpmonday on Instagram, although you may have a few more pictures to share! Thank you for providing my Disney fix until I can figure out a way to get back there myself!

First time "tuning in" to one of your trip reports and I am loving it so far!!! I need to go back and read your older TR :) Also, I am a HUGE Hanson fan as well :goodvibes

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so excited for this! Your TRs literally make me the happiest person ever. I love it. I love living vicariously through you...WHAT IS YOUR LIFE???
I totally get your pain in knowing how rare it is to find people on your level. There's been a few times where I'll be randomly talking about Disney to people (but ok, more like all day everyday) and they'll be like "Oh, I love Disney too! The new Harry Potter section is so fun!" And a little piece of me dies each time.

So amazing that you and Jess actually hang out and go on trips together! Can't wait to read more!

Haha, I would definitely love it if you were a CM using a marionette and doing 'Nsync's "Bye, Bye, Bye"!

Joining In. I follow you and Jess on Instagram. Can't wait to hear about all the Hot and Fancy shenannigans. -Amanda

I'm so excited to see this TR!! I followed you and Jess on Twitter during MNSSHP and now we get to read the rest of the story!

Oh, yay! I came back in town to find a new Lia report! Yippee!! :goodvibes

popcorn::

(I totally subbed way before I replied.)

yay. :cheer2:

ok...LOVING it already and it's only your first day there!!!

So, first of all, I'm so excited that they have the F&WF brochures at the airport!!
Our next definite trip is Nov.1-8 in which we plan to really DO F&WF for the first time.

Previously, we have only done a wine tasting, but hoping to really try the food and drinks this time (other times we were on the Deluxe Dining Plan, so it really didn't pay for us to partake too much) and hopefully do a special meal event or two.

Anyway, I know I am going to GRAB those at the airport and maniacally peruse them whilst on our way to AKL on the DME!

So, thanks for posting that. This is just ONE of the reasons why I LOVE your reports. The details!! On our trip in December I tried to look for the Pixar lamp, that I read about in your report, but he didn't come out. I told DH about it though, and he thought it was the coolest thing.

BTW, this past trip DH finally got it! This was his 7th trip since '08! LOL..but seriously, he didn't want to leave this time and when we were home sitting on the couch he asked me out of the blue..."when are we going back?" :) And then another time has said..."I just feel like going to a character breakfast or.." I was in SHOCK! But happily. Actually estastic.

OH! So, you should know...you can get the Dapper Dans at your wedding. :goodvibes
My friends had them at theirs. Though you would want to file that away in your future wedding ideas folder. ;)

You should totally go on a cruise!!! You would LOVE it! We've been twice and are going again in NOV. I don't even know how to describe how fantastic they are....

Can't wait for your next update! :flower3:

I'm here and soooo in :cool1: popcorn::

Loving your report so far, I just wish you would show a little more enthusiasm :rolleyes2

And HUGE bonus points for featuring TIMON in your Trip Report :banana: :woohoo: :dance3: :lovestruc

OMG, I love your enthusiasm! I'm the same way and my family usually looks at my like I'm nuts when I squeal at stuff like DME! My Sis and I are planning our very own trip in December so we can SQUEEE whenever we want and no one will judge! (or at least no one we know)! Anyway, I'm subbing and can't wait to read more about your trip!! :)

Courtney

Joining in! Subbed! And all caught up! Great updates! I've been dying to try that All Natural Lemonade with Wildberry Foam and hopefully will get to on my trip in May! I'm also going to be staying at Pop for the first time so seeing your pictures is super exciting! Can't wait to read more!

Hmm.. I didn't realize it was 4:30 in the morning.... Okay, I'll let it slide

You are too funny. I <3 Breaking Bad and this picture cracked me up.

I would've been so upset if I got Star Trek instead of The Way Way Back (which was an amazing movie, I agree). They really should be clear about the instructions. I would've thought the same as you and then been very grumpy about being stuck with Star Trek! It seems like otherwise Jet Blue was a good experience though. Did you leave from Newark or JFK?

I LOVE Pop, it's like an old friend at this point. My last five trips have been there and it really feels like home at this point. I get mad when people bash it. It's clean and fun and so pretty to look at it, and it just feels so Disney. (Although I am super excited to stay at AoA this summer, I will probably have to walk over to Pop and say hello at some point) I love how there are always CMs waiting to welcome you off the ME and the moment those doors open and I see the sparkly tiles in the lobby, that's when it feels like I've finally made it to Disney. Ugh I miss that feeling...

I did NOT know that Stacey gets updated with a MNSSHP version! That's awesome. And I think I would have voted for the Monsters Inc jack-o-lantern scene. Too cute. The Hades pumpkin was too scary for me :rotfl:

I've been considering starting pin trading because of your last TR. I used to really not get it at all, like I knew how it worked but I guess I just didn't see the point. But after reading your last TR, something just clicked for me and now it seems like SO much fun and I want to do it! I saw at the very end of the TR someone had asked you where you buy your traders from on ebay so I searched and have been looking at the close-up view of all the pins and thinking about what kind of pins I would look for if I was trading... so you may have gotten me hooked and I don't even own any pins yet and won't even be taking a trip for another 6 months! LOL - you just made it seem like so much fun! Is there any way to participate in any pin-trading activities from home while waiting for the next trip? :rolleyes1

ETA: I just realized the time and I'm totally going to be late to work because I was reading (and responding) to your updates. I think it's a valid excuse though so I'm not worried...

BREAKING BAD IS THE BEST and THANK YOU, they should be more clear about the directions! I'm like, am I an idiot or does basically EVERY movie on demand service have a menu to select from? Except this one. Oh well.

I really want to stay at AOA!! You will have a great time there!

Segments are added to Stacey's show seasonally. There are a bunch of different ones!

It is so much fun! It's the best souvenir because you get a whole experience out of it instead of just buying something. Some people do pin trading through the mail but I don't like to give my address out to people I don't know. But there are a lot of pin trading instagrams.

:dance3:

Your first day seems like its going amazingly so far!

I love Jetblue as well, free checked luggage, yummy snacks and free tv is AWESOME.

Getting to Disney is so freaking exciting, there's no better feeling!

And POP! I love POP too, we always stay there, its the best!

Can't wait to hear all about your MK adventures!

It was a perfect day! Thank you!

So as I sit here on a plane to Orlando, I was looking at the #earport hashtag on Instagram and saw your super cute Mickey picture. Start reading trip reports and there it is! Can't wait for the rest of your report!

AHHH have a magical trip! Wish I was right there with you.

LOVE the 1st updates Lia - What a wonderful start to your trip, & as always your enthusiasm is contagious! :)

This made me laugh;

So yeah...that would be me!! :laughing: On my earlier visits to Disney, I'd stayed off property for one reason or another, but it had always been my dream to stay at the Grand Floridian & 6 years ago that dream came true! :goodvibes And of course once we had a taste for Disney Deluxe, there was no turning back! So last year we stayed at the gorgeous Beach Club! :goodvibes I certainly wouldn't rule out a view of a giant platform shoe on future visits though...!! :rotfl:

Really looking forward to reading more...Particularly about your wonderful MNSSHP experience :thumbsup2 I'm still catching up on your Dec. 2011 report too!

Very best wishes,
Siân.xx

Yeah I love the Deluxes but I would never stay in them exclusively just cause I love ALL the resorts so much!

Thank you! Hope you're enjoying the December report!

I know I need to listen to their new stuff. I'll get on it one of these days…haha. I was a merchandise CP at the Polynesian Resort! It's so fun because the two times I've been back since my CP, it's been like a family reunion. I love/miss my Disney Ohana so much. Maybe someday I'll go back as a CM, but we will see! :)

AHH I would LOVE to work at the Poly. What a fun experience you must have had there! Yay for the College Program!

How am I just finding this TR? I'm not the Dis-er I used to be. But I'm here now.

Love the hot and fancy lady…those are literally the perfect words to describe her!

The Disney difference is truly, truly noticeable. I actually just wrote about it in my TR but I ventured out to Universal and got YELLED at by an employee and the real kicker is she had us confused with someone else. That would never happen at Disney. I do really love how even the ones at the airport, which is really kind of far from WDW, they still make the difference!

Pop Century is amazing. It just screams fun in your face…not in a scary way, but in an excitable way! I will always love it. It was my first on-site resort too!

Using MagicBands to get in your room is SO convenient! I loved it too…SO COOL

Your whole trip is making me freak out and get homesick because I was at Pop just DAYS before you so I saw all the magical Halloween decorations too and I JUST MISS IT SO BAD!!

I had no idea about the Hidden Oswald!! AHHHH llkjflksdhf!! I love it!

So excited for BoG!! :goodvibes

It's okay, you're here! I'm glad you appreciate the hot and fancy girl
11972902063_55e9653dd8_o.png

I was just looking at your trip report but I didn't get to that part yet! THAT IS CRAZY I can't believe people sometimes.

"It screams fun in your face" is the perfect description! I love it so much there!

Oh my goodness Lia I am so in! It's always a relief to see that there are other people out there, like me, who have such a love for Disney and the disboards have been the one place where I can go and share with others about Disney and not get the weird looks or eye rolls lol. I can seriously be having the worst day ever and just see something Disney or hear a Disney song and I am immediately in good spirits again! You are right....It is Magic for sure! Plus anyone who uses a Thundercat reference in their opening post is automatically alright with me:thumbsup2

I can seriously be having the worst day ever and just see something Disney or hear a Disney song and I am immediately in good spirits again!

EXACTLY! Glad you're in, thanks for reading!

Thanks!! Haha, Our costume plans are currently:
-Fairies (vidia, rosetta & terrance)
-bimbettes & Gaston
And Move It Shake It dancers if I dont get hired/trained on that lol!

If Steven & I go back again in Oct we might do Aurora & Phillip!

OMG I love the Move it Shake it idea especially. It sounds like you have 3 parties planned YOU ARE SO LUCKY OMG.

Awesome!!! So happy to see your new trip report!! You are such an amazing writer :) Cant wait to read all about your trip!

Thank you so much for saying that, how sweet! I appreciate it :-)

You got this started so quickly! I will be reading along and joining you for #mnsshpmonday on Instagram, although you may have a few more pictures to share! Thank you for providing my Disney fix until I can figure out a way to get back there myself!

YAY I am so glad you are joining in on my #mnsshpmonday! :hmghost: Thanks!

First time "tuning in" to one of your trip reports and I am loving it so far!!! I need to go back and read your older TR :) Also, I am a HUGE Hanson fan as well :goodvibes

YAY ANOTHER HANSON FAN!!! :banana: Welcome!!

Subbing! HOORAY FOR THE NEW TR!! :cool1::cool1: Can't wait for more...Be Our Guest...YUUUMMM... :goodvibes

Thanks Emma!! Glad you're here!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so excited for this! Your TRs literally make me the happiest person ever. I love it. I love living vicariously through you...WHAT IS YOUR LIFE???
I totally get your pain in knowing how rare it is to find people on your level. There's been a few times where I'll be randomly talking about Disney to people (but ok, more like all day everyday) and they'll be like "Oh, I love Disney too! The new Harry Potter section is so fun!" And a little piece of me dies each time.

So amazing that you and Jess actually hang out and go on trips together! Can't wait to read more!

Aww, thank you so much! It is so wonderful to hear my reports make people happy. It makes all the time I spend doing it worth it so thank you :goodvibes

Haha, I would definitely love it if you were a CM using a marionette and doing 'Nsync's "Bye, Bye, Bye"!

hahah I'm glad you appreciated that! If I worked there it would definitely happen!

Joining In. I follow you and Jess on Instagram. Can't wait to hear about all the Hot and Fancy shenannigans. -Amanda

Oh there were plenty of shenanigans, trust me! :D

I'm so excited to see this TR!! I followed you and Jess on Twitter during MNSSHP and now we get to read the rest of the story!

Awesome!! There is definitely a lot more to the story :thumbsup2

Oh, yay! I came back in town to find a new Lia report! Yippee!! :goodvibes

popcorn::

(I totally subbed way before I replied.)

yay. :cheer2:

Yay! Thanks for subscribing!

ok...LOVING it already and it's only your first day there!!!

So, first of all, I'm so excited that they have the F&WF brochures at the airport!!
Our next definite trip is Nov.1-8 in which we plan to really DO F&WF for the first time.

Previously, we have only done a wine tasting, but hoping to really try the food and drinks this time (other times we were on the Deluxe Dining Plan, so it really didn't pay for us to partake too much) and hopefully do a special meal event or two.

Anyway, I know I am going to GRAB those at the airport and maniacally peruse them whilst on our way to AKL on the DME!

So, thanks for posting that. This is just ONE of the reasons why I LOVE your reports. The details!! On our trip in December I tried to look for the Pixar lamp, that I read about in your report, but he didn't come out. I told DH about it though, and he thought it was the coolest thing.

BTW, this past trip DH finally got it! This was his 7th trip since '08! LOL..but seriously, he didn't want to leave this time and when we were home sitting on the couch he asked me out of the blue..."when are we going back?" :) And then another time has said..."I just feel like going to a character breakfast or.." I was in SHOCK! But happily. Actually estastic.

OH! So, you should know...you can get the Dapper Dans at your wedding. :goodvibes
My friends had them at theirs. Though you would want to file that away in your future wedding ideas folder. ;)

You should totally go on a cruise!!! You would LOVE it! We've been twice and are going again in NOV. I don't even know how to describe how fantastic they are....

Can't wait for your next update! :flower3:

Oh man that's a shame you didn't get to take advantage of f&w in the past! Make sure you really do it in November! It is just not to be missed. I hope I get to do a fall trip this year!

That's awesome about your husband, you are really lucky!

I wish I could!!!! I am dying to go!!

Thanks!

I'm here and soooo in :cool1: popcorn::

Loving your report so far, I just wish you would show a little more enthusiasm :rolleyes2

And HUGE bonus points for featuring TIMON in your Trip Report :banana: :woohoo: :dance3: :lovestruc

YAY :woohoo: Cass, I am so glad you are here! I have been reading your reports so long, I feel like I know you guys :laughing: thanks for joining in!

OMG, I love your enthusiasm! I'm the same way and my family usually looks at my like I'm nuts when I squeal at stuff like DME! My Sis and I are planning our very own trip in December so we can SQUEEE whenever we want and no one will judge! (or at least no one we know)! Anyway, I'm subbing and can't wait to read more about your trip!! :)

Courtney

That's awesome!! You guys will have a great trip together! Thanks for sharing in the enthusiasm!

Following… getting excited for my first stay at POP.. love seeing all the photos :)

You will absolutely love Pop!

Yeah another Lia report can;t wait to hear all about the trips!!!

Hey there! :welcome:

Joining in! Subbed! And all caught up! Great updates! I've been dying to try that All Natural Lemonade with Wildberry Foam and hopefully will get to on my trip in May! I'm also going to be staying at Pop for the first time so seeing your pictures is super exciting! Can't wait to read more!

It's the BEST most refreshing drink ever. You will love it, and you will love Pop too! Thanks for joining in!

OCTOBER 30, 2013
Day 1, Part 5 In Which Lumiere Is No Joke​

Just some background on my Be Our Guest history here... before New Fantasyland opened, I got to go several times during my Oct 2012 trip. Be Our Guest was not open for service but they let us go inside and look around (you can see this in my MNSSHP video). Naturally, I was completely MESMERIZED and dying to eat there. I got a reservation for April, wayyyy back when I was going to Disney for my actual birthday instead of in May. Once we postponed it to May, I couldn't get an ADR. I planned on waiting in the CS line, but it was always either ridiculously long and too hot out, or we had other plans. In that whole two week trip, I STILL didn't eat at Be Our Guest! So this had been building and building and I was absolutely foaming at the mouth to FINALLY TASTE THIS DELICIOUS DISNEY FOOD.

11941060496_aa70063d69_z.jpg

I would have waited however long the line was, cause again, I could not get an ADR for the dinner service. However, I was delighted to see the line did not even stretch far around the bend! In May, it was at LEAST 50 people longer every single time we went by.

11990733493_8155a2f231_z.jpg

11940492963_40ce91a05f_z.jpg

I lucked out and only had to wait about 20 minutes! They are VERY efficient at this restaurant - you are definitely not going to get stuck in line. It moves fast!

There were CMs walking up and down the line handing out menus and answering questions. It was hard to choose what I wanted. Jess recommended the Croque Monsieur and the Braised Pork, her two favorites. She also said I HAD to get the Strawberry Cupcake, but I wanted the Master's Cupcake more because it had THE GREY STUFF on it! This was a new thing. Previously, you could only get The Grey Stuff delivered to your table during the dinner service, so the fact that it was now available during the CS lunch was a big deal.

View of Eric's Castle from the BoG line...

11941059726_df7d392ac8_z.jpg

They rolled out this water cart, which I thought was nice.

11990821774_206500bb9e_z.jpg

That guy in the picture turned to me and said, "Have you been in here before?" I told him yes. He pointed to the top of the castle and said, "Is the restaurant really up there?" I told him no, that it was right inside and that nothing is actually up there. He said, "Good, cause that would one hell of a walk!" LOL.

Before being let in, there is a CM standing there who asks how many are in your party. The girl in front of me was also solo. She is a CM and knew the one working. They started chatting about their shifts that day and the CM in line said she spends too much money on food at Be Our Guest but she can't help it. I assume this is a common CM problem!

The CM asked me how many in my party, and I said one. She said, "Are you a Cast Member?" Sigh. AND SO IT BEGINS. (If you've never read my reports before, I'm saying that because CMs often think I am one of them. I just have that Disney vibe I guess

11940217105_5fde7a2535_z.jpg

11941058016_91c75233ed_z.jpg

11940656434_0809df3e85_z.jpg

11940217845_43a130d5fa_z.jpg

Once inside the castle, I had flashbacks of my amazing Stuck in Disney trip. I will never ever forget the pure magic it was to see that place for the first time. To be some of the first people inside what will be visited by millions. To walk through a place I had seen in one of my all time favorite movies over and over, but never thought I'd actually get to be inside of.

I then went to right where the suits of armor were. This was where they cut you off during the New Fantasyland previews, so everything after this point I had not seen except the other lobby areas and the ballroom. VERY EXCITING.

11991546836_86a90307a0_z.jpg

I waited in line some more and then they had me press my Magic Band against a Mickey head right before going into the next room.

When I got to the ordering room, I got such a kick out of this kid chillin' in the Master's chair.

11991546566_0572eb5f14_z.jpg

He is livin large!!!! U GO BOY

11991545936_472730a7ae_z.jpg

11991021353_16e450d80b_z.jpg

I was asked if I was paying credit or cash and said gift card. I was sent to podium 7 and waited until the Cast Member was done with the family in front of me.

I ended up ordering the Braised Pork and the Master's Cupcake. I did not get a rose like a lot of people do, instead they used my Magic Band.

I walked into the ballroom and marveled at it, just like I had done over a year ago, but from the other side.

11991111314_22f87cabeb_z.jpg

11991544606_993b464c09_z.jpg

11991544376_ac6657f0bc_z.jpg

I looked around at the snow falling in the windows and then went into the West Wing.

WHOA. During Stuck in Disney, we were not allowed in that far so this was my first time seeing it and I FREAKED!!!!

11991110444_68bae493f5_z.jpg

I really wanted to eat in there, but it was packed at the moment, so I decided I would go back and sit in the ballroom, but that was also super full!

11940543433_4751c86a44_z.jpg

I made my way into the third room.

11991019303_01b7425806_z.jpg

11991543806_c0934acfe4_z.jpg

I realized I had no idea how my food was going to get to me. I assumed I had to pick it up somewhere, so I went to go ask a CM who was quite short with me and said, "They will bring you your order. The longer you walk around and look at everything, the longer you have to wait for your food." She was right but snippy. I still didn't understand how they were going to find me, but she told me to just sit down and my food would come, so I assumed Disney magic would take care of things. And it did!

I sat down under one of the portraits and realized I was right next to the silverware. That was convenient because I didn't have to get up and find it, which would have been the next thing I realized I had to do haha.

Just quickly for people who have never been here: You wait in line. You go inside. You order. You find a table in any of the 3 rooms. You get your silverware yourself and fill up your cup at the drink machines. You sit back down. Your food is then delivered. This is during Counter Service lunch hours only, dinner is Full Service and reservations need to be made. Just to clear all that up!

Shortly after I sat down, my INSANELY DELICIOUS meal of Braised Pork came to me.

11991018853_676fd9aa53_z.jpg

I HIGHLY recommend this dish. I even ate all of the green beans. Do you know what it takes for me to eat ALL of the greens on my plate? A lot, people. But these were just so delicious. I loved the carrots and mashed potatoes too. The gravy was the perfect flavor. The pork was tasty. The only problem I have with the meat is that it was quite fatty. But hey, it's pork, what do you expect. Like I said I still highly recommend it to everyone. Well, except vegetarians. But seriously if you even slightly like meat, I would try this. It's just so good. I got it a second time later in the trip and honestly if we had time I probably would have had it a third time. SO GOOD. The fact that you can get a CS meal this good is so fantastic. I really hope they open more restaurants like this, because the entire experience is just amazing.

Here is the Master's Cupcake!

11940543113_eae1793632_z.jpg

Oh my God, one of my favorite Disney cupcakes ever. First of all, these are great because unlike other Disney cupcakes they are not the size of a house. I mean, I appreciate big cupcakes but it's difficult when you can't eat the whole thing at once and then have to carry the other half around the park cause you don't want to waste the deliciousness, you know? These are the size of a normal cupcake and they are cheaper, thank God. This particular one was so fluffy and light as air. The Grey Stuff is TOTALLY delicious, Lumiere was not lying!

@babybritney: I am so happy I FINALLY ate in beast's castle. I can confirm the grey stuff IS delicious, Lumiere is no joke

That dude knows what he is talking about. I LOVED IT!

Overall it was a near perfect experience at Be Our Guest which is now definitely in my favorite restaurants of Disney list.

OCTOBER 30, 2013
Day 1, Part 6 In Which Ghosts Don't Hitchhike​

I went back into the West Wing to get another look at it because I just loved it so much. If you had told me when I was a child that I would some day get to go into the West Wing, I wouldn't have believed you.

The rose is just so beautiful.

11991108704_bae104aba8_z.jpg

Beauty and the Beast is just such an enchanting movie, and when you're in this restaurant, you really feel like you're in it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the experience Disney has created for their fans with New Fantasyland is just unbelievable. I will never stop being happy about it.

There was a little boy staring at the rose who very nicely moved so I could take a picture without me even having to ask. My kind of kid!

He started talking to me a mile a minute and he was so precious.

The main thing he was trying to explain is how when the last petal falls of the rose, there is a thunder clap. If you look at the ripped painting of Beast as a human...

11991543986_c3538ab87c_z.jpg

When this thunder claps it flashes over very quickly to a portrait of the Beast. I vaguely remembered hearing about that, and was really glad he reminded me, but the way it came out of his mouth was so scattered and adorable. He was SO EXCITED about it, he just really melted my heart.

I stood with him staring at the rose awhile, but I had no idea when it was going to happen, I had to pee, and I was dying to continue on with my day. So I bid farewell to the cute kid and hit the restrooms before heading on my way.

When I came out, this princess balloon floating under the chandelier was just dying to be photographed.

11991542616_bc72562257_z.jpg

After heading out I wanted Mickey's PhilharMagic to be my first attraction so I walked over there.

11941056886_706ff0e2bf_z.jpg

I got a Fastpass for Ariel's ride and then walked in. As soon as I entered, the automagic doors were opening. What perfect timing!

I snapped a photo of the carpet just because it is the best carpet ever.

11941110306_b9cb575cf5_z.jpg

WOOOO 3D glasses selfie! You know how I do!!!

11991108274_03b2bb6de6_z.jpg

I highly recommend this as a first attraction. It's just one of them that's a huge celebration of Disney and of course I cried just like the 10 million other times I have watched this show.

I was headed to Frontierland to get a Splash FP, but of course I had to stop and see my beloved Tangled restrooms.

11940490293_b7191e88bd_z.jpg

In my professional opinion, all restrooms should be Tangled themed. You know, at malls, hospitals, the DMV. Wouldn't that just brighten your day? I know when I have my own house it is going to be Tangled all the way! People will never use a toilet again without thinking of Rapunzel if I have anything to do with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11940655414_0671a4aeb2_z.jpg

The now extinct Celebrate a Dream Come True parade was going on! ALADDIN <3 <3 <3 <3

11940214845_8c42494c2d_z.jpg

11940488593_bdee6cf310_z.jpg

I love this picture with the Mansion in the distance.

11941055696_584fe96f1a_z.jpg

11940654004_d7c94705f6_z.jpg

11940212835_0b3def4a84_z.jpg

11940653004_5284a044e4_z.jpg

I stopped in the Frontierland Trading Post for my first Vinylmation trades of the trip!

Unfortunately, I got some non-Disney ones. I mean, I know all Vinylmation are Disney but I like when the ones I get are based on Disney characters or rides. These were from a High School series.

I kind of like the Prom Queen because she reminds me of Regina George from Mean Girls.

BX2Uo2mCIAAyfKU.jpg

Stop trying to make 'fetch' happen. IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.

I went over to Splash and got a FP I didn't end up using. Oh well!

Then it was over to the glorious Haunted Mansion to visit my old friend Master Gracey.

11940486713_5e7b2c1844_z.jpg

There is nothing I don't love about this mansion. Well, except that I can't live there.

11940211165_6d24e98329_z.jpg

Obviously any visit to the Mansion is an exciting one, but knowing I would be back the next night in full costume as a ballroom dancer... OH MY LORD. I was freaking out.

11940265915_57b77e4982_z.jpg

Poor Francis Xavier. Guess this was one sentence he couldn't appeal!

11940267825_a2c8ede129_z.jpg

I have always loved these bats.

11940542623_e58e1117c9_z.jpg

During the ride, I was all excited for the Hitchhiking Ghost part. I opened my arms wide and leaned all the way forward to amuse myself. I waited for the ghosts to appear, but it didn't work! They never did show up. Then the ride stopped.

STUCK ON HAUNTED MANSION AGAIN! This happens to me so often. It was kind of a scary spot to be stuck in, too...

11941109826_cf0ae3b701_z.jpg

YIKES.

OCTOBER 30, 2013
Day 1, Part 7 In Which I'm In A Pumpkin Sandwich​

My FP time for Ariel's ride had now arrived so I headed back to Fantasyland.

11940485813_290464614f_z.jpg

11940650994_af9923b145_z.jpg

11940209505_da71e99865_z.jpg

11940480213_8e714082b8_z.jpg

11940479493_ccd804be39_z.jpg

Can I live here?

11991541866_d2f926d5fb_z.jpg

11941045826_9b784f765d_z.jpg

11941045286_94656381d7_z.jpg

I think one of my favorite things about New Fantasyland is that it's very... authentic? Hard to think of the word, but it's not theme-parky at ALL. Like, there are no large yellow "PRESENTED BY KODAK" signs or dump shops. They could have put an over the top Ariel/princess store over there but they didn't, and Village Gifts is so nice and classy. It's not just like BOOM HERE ARE A BUNCH OF BELLE BARBIES IN YOUR FACE BUY THEM NOW OR YOUR CHILD WILL CRY!!! you know what I'm saying? It's just very, very nice.

11940203635_4f38e17849_z.jpg

11941049916_e202faf91b_z.jpg

It was so wonderful, as usual! Of course I sang and danced most of the ride and was just so deep in my own little happy world. I felt like I was doing so much and it was only arrival day!

11991107864_7794e35852_z.jpg

"Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there."

11940267345_bcca5b6ffc_z.jpg

Poor Flounder LOL

11990728185_e5a5a748b3_z.jpg

After going unda da sea, I went straight into Storybook Circus. It was great to see the wall down. I just walked around enjoying life and looked around under the Big Top for awhile.

11940649334_e8e5551ca4_z.jpg

I pin traded and got this super cool Mickey. HANG TEN DUDE

11991106944_6cbea7153d_z.jpg

I went over to the train station so I could take it back over to Frontierland and use my Splash fastpass. However, I realized I was cutting it close with our California Grill ADR and so I decided to skip Splash for now and just get off at the Main Street USA station and head out of the park.

Can you see Space Mountain in the distance?

11940482973_8a7e2d5797_z.jpg

I had never taken the train from here since it turned into Storybook Circus so that was fun. I always enjoy the WDW Railroad.

11941049266_47a7cf80fc_z.jpg

One of my biggest Disney tips is don't try to cram it all in, especially on Day 1. If you think doing one thing might make you late for another, skip it. Trust me, you are going to want more time at every single place you go, so even if you end up being early to your next destination, you will love it! So that's why I opted to not rush the whole Splash thing.

Ahh, Town Square during Halloween.

11941048966_dcb4da1f2f_z.jpg

11941110186_7c737ce7b3_z.jpg

11940267225_779c1c16aa_z.jpg

11941107986_51bda61b2c_z.jpg

The line to take a PhotoPass picture here is always so long, so I had to jump in it when I saw there were only two families.

11991106544_9e1789f711_z.jpg

I'm SO happy I did that because I love these pictures, and now I have a photo there from 2012 and 2013.

11941109116_414c3e6ba3_z.jpg

Another tip: If you have the urge to do something but there is a line, unless it is RIDICULOUS... JUST DO IT! You are never going to get to do every single thing you planned on anyway so just take the opportunity when you see it, unless it's really going to make you late for something or screw up the whole day. Lines often look worse than they are and it is great to not look back and say, "Ugh, I wish I had a picture with the pumpkins in front of the castle."

Beware of Hitchhiking Mickeys!

11940266935_59bdcd56ca_z.jpg

I think these popcorn buckets are brilliant, but they also remind me of in A Goofy Movie when they show Mickey and Donald hitchhiking on the side of the road. First of all, WHY do they not have transportation?! If GOOFY can operate a vehicle, they can. And why didn't Goofy stop for them? Sheesh. Why didn't Mickey CALL Goofy (Max has a Mickey Mouse phone for crying out loud!), I mean when you are in your best friend's town, you call them right?

I just have so many questions!!!!!

Up Next: A certain brunette and I get together for a very hot and fancy evening!!!!!!

So glad you finally got a chance to eat at BoG!! We are going back and forth for our next trip if we want to even try to get an ADR for dinner or maybe try for CS lunch at BoG. We have until June to decide though! Glad to know you can "try the grey stuff" if you aren't having dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter