Let's plan Together! Jan 2009

We are set to go 1/17-1/24. We went earlier this year around the same time and I would never go any other time. The weather was good and the crowds were minimal. I cannot wait to go back again. My husband is now addicted too. He cannot wait to go back and so does my 8 year old son.

We're planning on a January trip too, as I've registered for the Half Marathon (Hi Allyson!!).

Although I haven't made our reservations yet, at the moment I'm planning on arriving January 8th or 9th and staying through the 17th. We'll stay at POP, and probably do the dining plan. Although, DS will have just turned 10, so he'll "magically" be an adult (yeah, right, lol!), and the cost will be significantly more. So, that part I'm not quite sure about yet.

Not sure when in January but now I am all freaked out. Superbowl and a marathon and a holiday? This year was easy we just picked 8 days and that was it!

I have to say that although I loved Disney in January several years ago I won't be doing it again anytime soon. We has a wicked time getting out of Manchester. We got stuck in a blizzard and had not the friendliest airline attendants. But our vacation in the world was fabulous. The weather was absolutely perfect. hope all have a grand time!!!:banana:

I thought we were all set with renting points at BWV 1/25-1/30. The kids are out of school that week because of regents testing. But with the Superbowl in Tampa this year I'm really worried. I prefer to go during Superbowl week as long as it's not anywhere near WDW!

GoofyFairie- You were asking in a previous post how to come up with extra $ for the trip. I made $900 in Disney gcs through Sunshine Rewards last year. You get paid to take surveys, shop through their site, etc. It's fun and easy!!

Joining you on this great thread :thumbsup2!

I hope to have my biggest dream come true in january 2009: A trip to WDW. I am a disney addicted 20yo german who regularly visits Disneyland Paris. And I feel it is time for a trip to the world.

This is the plan:
14 nights on disney property (value or mod)
8 days Disney theme parks
3 days Universal
1 day Sea World
1 day shopping

Dates should be early january until before MLK weekend.
Now I am hoping for some inexpensive rates. I am going to book the flights and block a room-only reservation by the end of may.

We will be there January 17-24, 2009. We are staying off-site at WH. I have been saving and planning since January 2007; yes, I have issues. Any information/suggestions/advice appreciated.

We are flying hopefully out of RDU on SW. Allegiant Air just announced they are discontinuing all flights out of GSO (our home airport), so am looking for a good deal on SW.

does anyone know if they do anything special for new years eve night? how are the crouds for 12/31- like jan 6. sorry to change the thread. but wanted to know if the crouds will have died down a little after the christmas break or will it still be busy that week 12/31-1/6 any help would be appreciated.

Count us in!! Looking at 1/29 - 2/7 or 2/5 - 2/14. Not sure yet. This will be our 4th trip. Looking to stay at either WL, Poly or maybe rent points at AKLV

Well... my Husband and I finally joined the board. We have been reading it faithfully since our family’s first trip together to WDW in January of 2007. We went back January of this year and are planning to go January of 2009. We can’t wait! Glad to be on board.:)

Well... my Husband and I finally joined the board. We have been reading it faithfully since our family’s first trip together to WDW in January of 2007. We went back January of this year and are planning to go January of 2009. We can’t wait! Glad to be on board.:)

Welcome to the dis!:flower3:

Any more thoughts about what impact the Super Bowl fans might have on the crowds at Disney? We were thinking about a family get-away Feb. 3 - 9; now we don't know what to do! :confused3

Any more thoughts about what impact the Super Bowl fans might have on the crowds at Disney? We were thinking about a family get-away Feb. 3 - 9; now we don't know what to do! :confused3

I'm with you. We want to return at this time next year because the crowds are smaller and we have half a chance at being able to afford it. Will they eliminate Value Season completely out of Feb just because of the Superbowl?

I'm with you. We want to return at this time next year because the crowds are smaller and we have half a chance at being able to afford it. Will they eliminate Value Season completely out of Feb just because of the Superbowl?

Between trying to "guess" about value season and "guess" when they might schedule PPP I'm getting stressed out! :) Good thing vacations are stress free, because planning them sure isn't! :laughing:

We'll be there!!! Our reservations are at the BWV for 1/23 til 1/31. Went this past year and noticed it was a bit more crowded than Jan 2007 but still had a great time. Looks like a little impact on crowds for Super Bowl. UG shows 6's-9's about 3 days before and 2 days after Super Bowl. We feel as long as we have a plan then we should be all set.
Can't Wait

We'll be there!!! Our reservations are at the BWV for 1/23 til 1/31. Went this past year and noticed it was a bit more crowded than Jan 2007 but still had a great time. Looks like a little impact on crowds for Super Bowl. UG shows 6's-9's about 3 days before and 2 days after Super Bowl. We feel as long as we have a plan then we should be all set.
Can't Wait

What is UG?

My family was planning on last week of Jan or first week of Feb, but I am just not sure I want to gamble with the Super Bowl. I have spoke with several CM's and read tons of information, but no one seems to really have an answer. I think we have decided to move to the last week of Feb 22-28. I am working with a TA that told me because Easter is mid April next year that this time frame will most likely be a value week. If ya'll know different information, please let me know. I hate guessing!

I'm hoping to book a trip for my sons and I for travel in mid January. I'm going through trip planning withdrawal!:laughing:
No firm dates yet. I'd like to rent DVC points to stay at BCV for a few nights and then try out POP.

Hope to see you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter