Let's plan Together! Jan 2009

princessamy1

Mouseketeer
I am planning a trip for my family for Jan, Feb 2009. I thought I would start a thread for people going these dates, so we can keep each other posted on any new information. Anyone interested?

Yes! We'll be going in Jan. 2009. I don't have anything firmed up yet and haven't made reservations. BUT, I think we'll book our room separately and just purchase tickets instead of a package. We've done the DDP but with two little ones, 4 1/2 and 2 in Jan., it's much easier to do fewer TS and more CS.

When do you plan to go? Do you know what the crowds will be like?

I'm here, I'm here! Let's fire up the planning!

Mom & I are going in Jan and we are too excited to sleep :goodvibes

This will be our 5th trip together and our second at the Poly. We started these trips in 2002 and have so much fun planning. We leave my DH & dad at home and have our girls only trip.

I am looking forward to see what we can come up with for discounts on all aspects of the trip.

I will be checking in here for any info. and will certainly post if I come up with anything.

Happy planning Jan. people. :cheer2:

Peace.
Colleen

I am so happy to see you guys responded! I am planning a trip for my family DH, DM, DFIL, DMIL, DSIL and me. (I hope I got those right!) We were just married in July, and no kids yet. No one in our group has been to any disney park since 1982. I was in elementary school then and have always wanted to go back. I am the one planning, so I am trying to do as much research as possible. We want to go when the crowds are the lightest, and the rates are low. I called disney a few minutes ago and spoke to someone that told me disney was peak season in January and told me we would most likely pay 215.00 a night at pofq. I hope he does not know what he is talking about! I will post everything I find out about in here! My name is Amy, and I hope we can become planning buddies!

We'll be there! Second time at the Poly. We have room only ressies now through AAA; will add the package when they're announced. We love the DDP (and we're going Dx this next time to cover all the fun.) Already can't wait.

I called disney a few minutes ago and spoke to someone that told me disney was peak season in January and told me we would most likely pay 215.00 a night at pofq. I hope he does not know what he is talking about! I will post everything I find out about in here! My name is Amy, and I hope we can become planning buddies!

No, I don't believe this is true. The week after New Years on is value season. He's saying that because if you make the room reservation now, before the 2009 rates are posted, you'll pay one night's deposit at the peak rate to hold it. Once rates are announced, it will even out.

Thanks to the DIS here is the rate chart for this year and the dates don't change much from year to year except that they now charge a holiday rate at MLK weekend:

Value Season: Jan. 1 - Feb. 13; Jul. 20 - Oct. 1; Nov. 30 - Dec. 18
Holidays: 1. Martin Luther King Weekend Jan. 18-20 (MLK)

Regular Season: Mar. 30 - Jul. 19; Oct. 2 - Nov. 29
Holidays: 2. Independence Day Weekend July 4-5 (July 4)
3. Thanksgiving Nov. 26-29

Peak Season: Feb. 14 - Mar. 29
Holidays: 4. Presidents Day Weekend Feb. 15-17 (Pres. Day)
5. Easter Week Mar. 16-27

Holiday Season: Dec. 19 - Dec. 31

We choose late Jan. because of the lower rates and less people.

Peace.
Colleen

We'll be there. Haven't booked it yet, but it will be sometime in the last two weeks of the month. It's my favorite time of the year to visit WDW!

Value Season: Jan. 1 - Feb. 13; Jul. 20 - Oct. 1; Nov. 30 - Dec. 18
Holidays: 1. Martin Luther King Weekend Jan. 18-20 (MLK)

Regular Season: Mar. 30 - Jul. 19; Oct. 2 - Nov. 29
Holidays: 2. Independence Day Weekend July 4-5 (July 4)
3. Thanksgiving Nov. 26-29

Peak Season: Feb. 14 - Mar. 29
Holidays: 4. Presidents Day Weekend Feb. 15-17 (Pres. Day)
5. Easter Week Mar. 16-27

Holiday Season: Dec. 19 - Dec. 31

Would you mind telling me where you found this information? We're looking at traveling the first week in February and would love to get in on "Value Season". :yay:

Thanks!

You can find a schedule of WDW's "Seasons" at www.mousesavers.com.

We are heading down Jan 31-Feb 7!!!! We have our room only ressies at POR, but we will probably switch to a package.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

YAY!!

I haven't booked anything, yet. But, I'm hoping we make it back next January. We usually stay at Pop and get the free ticket upgrades and use the dining plan, but I'm watching these boards to see if I can get an even better deal for next year.

We went this past January 26 -February 2 and are planning to go back same time next year. We had so much fun we were thinking about going back this December, but cannot get off work. So I guess we well have to wait an extra month! Cannot wait and are always on the lookout for discounts.
We stayed at Pop and are planning on trying out a different resort next time.Pop was great, but we hope to try them all!

We're going Feb 3-8, room only right now at the CR Tower Bay Lake view (no MK view available :(. We will be switching to a package as soon as they come out. We just went a month ago, Feb 6-10. We think this is the best time of year to go!

We know its value season, but our deposit was $545. They do charge at the peak rates for deposits because they don't have 2009 rates out yet.

We can't wait! Let's hope for a code.

We'll be there the last week in February again! Hopefully at Boardwalk Villas, but we'll see!

:wave: from Canada! Hey all! My family is going down for our first trip to the World January 19th - 29th! :woohoo: I have already booked a room only ressie at POFQ but haven't yet decided if we will do a pkg. :confused3 I know that there are often "Canadian Codes" released for that time so we will wait and see! :) Happy Planning to you all! This is a great idea! :goodvibes

Hi - glad we've got a Jan/Feb thread going. Someone will have to keep a running tally of dates. I wish I could - but I don't get much time to log in, sometimes it's weeks in-between. Kudos to whomever takes that on..

I just posted this on another thread too... but thought I'd share here too..

( Oct 29, 2007 ) Disney Visa codes came out for the Jan/Feb/March 2008 trips. I am sure we will all be watching the whole month of October 2008 for the 2009 codes.

Anyhow we are Jan 16th - Jan 24th 2009. Really it's not that far away...

I started this thread and will be happy to keep a running count of the dates if you guys would like me to. I am pretty new here and not sure exactly how to do this. If you guys will let me know how you would like it listed, I will keep us current. Are you guys so excited you can't stand it? (I know I am!). I am just so nervous about getting the best deal I can. I was just a kid last time I was there about 20 years ago, and this is my first time planning the trip!

I'm so glad I found this discussion. I just booked 1 night to hold the room for Jan 16-24. I was suprised how long it would be before the package rates come out, was told maybe August by CM. We went last April and took our trailer and stayed at the campground and had a great time. Used the dining plan, and hope to use it again. I have a few questions. Were trying to go at a time when my kids will only miss a few days of school, so MLK works great because they have 3 days off that week. Anyone experienced that week, and how bad are the crowds? I just cant do summer with the heat. 2nd, we have 5 people. I booked at the all-star suite. Any other suggestions for 5 people. She quoted me $275 a night, but I believe some of that time will be off-peak. Sorry, 1 more question, what kind of deals in the past have they had for that time of year?

Thanks so much, look forward to planning our vacation together. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter