• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last Trip? It was until we met Food & Wine -- Recap 2/12

Okay, now that I have finished reading your re-cap, I am just about in tears. I think this is one of your sweetest trips. Maybe it's because I was so hopeful for you two with the job loss, then praying for you and Nikki as you went through loss of loved ones. You met so many great DISers and have some fabulous times. Marco Island looks like the best way to end a trip. I'm looking forward to all of your adventures this year, and best of all to meeting you in the World!!!

Great TR Kat and equally great wrap-up!! So glad you had the DISmeets and wish we had been able to keep ours last year. You're not going to be there in December or April of next year are you? :rolleyes1

Wow... MK cleared out your last day. Those were the crowds I was expecting in September.

Besides our MK day with you, we must have been on different touring plans because we really didn't feel it was that crowded.

Can you believe we have NEVER done the riverboat? Crazy right?

With Christopher, you'd have to watch him...he might jump overboard.

I knew you were going to eat at the Plaza before you left MK. I forget, is the sundae included with the meal?

No, the sundae is not included since we don't do the dining plan.

How long does it take you to get to Marco?

Tim, it's about 3-1/2 hours.

Love all the big boats you can see from your room in Marco. One of these days.... :rolleyes1

There are some bigger ones than that! :faint:

The airboat tour looks like a great time.. and you got to see some gators!

We did; I couldn't even get pictures of all the ones we saw that morning.

So when you are in Marco, are you two the only ones in the condo complex? Where are all the people?

They don't start coming back until mid to late October. I have a feeling it will be a bit more crowded when we are there this October. But up until now, we've basically had the place to ourselves (as did the kids when they went for their honeymoon).

Thank you again for sharing your trip with us and for taking the time out of your trip to spend some time with us. We really enjoyed spending time with you and Mark. :grouphug:

Tim, we thank you, Mel, your MIL and the kids for spending some time with us. We really enjoyed being with all of you. I am hoping we will be able to do it again. And I'm still working on Mark for a New York trip.

Kathy,

I'm so glad that I have gotten to know you through your TR and mine - not sure how we have missed each other all this time! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this TR and share with all of us - especially through all that you have gone through in the midst of it.

Awww, Roni, thank you so much. I've enjoyed getting to know you and Willow. It's hard when there are so many fun TR's to read. You are very, very sweet.

I will do my best to follow along on the PTR - I tend to be really bad with those, especially my own! :laughing: And I can't wait to join in on your next TR and the one after that and after that and after that.....

I totally understand. I promise to let you know when I start any future TR's.

Aww Kathy, you and Mark were my highlights too! I'm so so so glad our trips overlapped, it was great to meet you.

It was an easy highlight to pick...we thoroughly enjoyed our time together. Hopefully we will overlap again one day.

Great wrap up, pictures say a thousand words afterall!

They sure do, Wendy.

Haha maybe but we'll wait until she's a little older, like 16, so she can appreciate it. :snooty: :rotfl2:

Very smart idea. ;)

Great trip and great wrap up! Definitely helped me with the Food and Wine bug I've caught!

I'm happy you were here and that you enjoyed. Oh, what I wouldn't do to be at Food & Wine right now.

Can't wait to follow along with all your new journeys this year! Thanks for sharing your trip, Kathy!pixiedust:

Thank you for being here, friend. And I look forward to you joining the next one.

I love seeing all of the magic shots from PhotoPass, they're so great!!

Thanks; we had some great PP photographers.

The last day in the parks is always the worst. Also! Gaston, he's so great! I've never met him, but I'm dying to!

They are; but ours are usually easier since we know we are heading to Nicki and Todd. You MUST meet Gaston on your next visit.

I love all of your pictures from the Haunted Mansion, my favorite ride for sure!

Thanks; I'm getting a bit better at pictures in the dark rides.

Oh also, I forgot to mention I love your and Marks shirts!! Those are so cute!

Thanks...I like them too.

I have always wanted to try to Plaza but we never seem to make it work.

Think old fashioned ice cream shop with food AND ice cream. We love it there.

Leaving Disney is seriously the saddest thing!

Yes it is; but there's always next time.

Again, so so so sorry to hear about your mother.

Thank you. :hug:

I loved reading the recap and for having no lowlights! (whooo!!) I love when that happens. I loved seeing all of the highlight pictures!
And of course I'll be following along for your PTR! Can't wait!!!

No lowlights is always a good thing. Thanks, and I'll look for you there.

Kathy what a great wrap! Another awesome TR wrapped up and more trips to look forward to! I've got to bounce to your PTR.

Stay warm.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: my favorite Disney stalker is here. I have missed you immensely my friend and so good to see you here. :hug:

What great pictures to include in your highlights! I always say that any day at Disney is better than a day at work. You can soooo tell that you guys were having a great time and making great memories.

Thanks, Lisa. Any day is better at Disney than the office. You are very kind.

Okay, now that I have finished reading your re-cap, I am just about in tears. I think this is one of your sweetest trips. Maybe it's because I was so hopeful for you two with the job loss, then praying for you and Nikki as you went through loss of loved ones. You met so many great DISers and have some fabulous times. Marco Island looks like the best way to end a trip. I'm looking forward to all of your adventures this year, and best of all to meeting you in the World!!!

Tammie, thank you. It really was one of our best trips ever. It all worked out in the end with the loss of Mark's job and things at home and Nicki's loss as well. It's kidn of hard to believe that it is almost three months that my mom is gone. We had some marvelous DIS meets and enjoyed our time at Marco as we always do. Thank you for being here, and I am so glad we are FINALLY going to meet in May. :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Great TR Kat and equally great wrap-up!! So glad you had the DISmeets and wish we had been able to keep ours last year. You're not going to be there in December or April of next year are you? :rolleyes1

Thanks, Bill. I'm sorry we missed too, but that means we'll just have to make a point of it on one of our future visits. Unfortunately, with Mark's part-time work at Target, December won't be happening any time soon. Next year April...now that could be a possible time we could go to start job and house hunting and take a side trip to Disney. ;)

Kathy, just wanted to say I've just read through a few of your trip reports and love your energy and the way you write!
Like your DIL, Alisha, I too have endometriosis and Fibromyalgia. I'm hearing more and more women our age (20-30) suffering from this.
I haven't been to WDW since 2012 and used to go every year since my first birthday, so your trip reports having been helping me deal with the Disney withdrawal! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in 2015!!

Kathy, just wanted to say I've just read through a few of your trip reports and love your energy and the way you write!
Like your DIL, Alisha, I too have endometriosis and Fibromyalgia. I'm hearing more and more women our age (20-30) suffering from this.
I haven't been to WDW since 2012 and used to go every year since my first birthday, so your trip reports having been helping me deal with the Disney withdrawal! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in 2015!!

How very sweet of you to read through a few of my reports at one time. :) I am truly touched. Thank you for enjoying my writing.

It is just so wrong that my daughter-in-law, you and any other woman at this young age should be suffering from these things. It truly breaks my heart. Unfortunately, the medicine is not helping Alisha at all and she will probably stop taking it as she wants to try to start having a baby this summer. She did go for "dry-needling" this past Saturday and the pain has been much better.

I hope that you get to go back soon. I am very excited for three trips this year.

Sad to come to the end of this trip report, but of course there will be more.

I love reading trip reports to take a break from the real world, and get a fix until my next trip. Could write up a big paragraph, but simply put, thanks to you, and people like you, who take the time to do this. :flower3:

Sad to come to the end of this trip report, but of course there will be more.

I love reading trip reports to take a break from the real world, and get a fix until my next trip. Could write up a big paragraph, but simply put, thanks to you, and people like you, who take the time to do this. :flower3:

Awwww...thank you, you are very sweet. I'm glad you enjoyed and more importantly, I'm glad you joined us.

Jen, I believe it was Wednesday, October 1 (or Tuesday, the 30th of September). He was very fine to look at.

Ugh..I was there the 28th...so I missed you by just days.

I want to say we got there around 10:00 a.m. the day we went

I was there areound that time too...wrong day though...if only we both knew ahead of time. LOL.

Great wrap up. It was a great trip...and writing for 5 months is a great accomplishment. I take a year usually. LOL!

Looking forward to hearing about your next trip! I need to update my report. I am always on the dining boards and I neglect my little old TR!

Ugh..I was there the 28th...so I missed you by just days.

I was there areound that time too...wrong day though...if only we both knew ahead of time. LOL.

Yes...too bad we didn't know. We might have been able to change our days.

Great wrap up. It was a great trip...and writing for 5 months is a great accomplishment. I take a year usually. LOL!

Thanks, Jen, for being here, and glad you enjoyed.

Looking forward to hearing about your next trip! I need to update my report. I am always on the dining boards and I neglect my little old TR!

Thanks, Lori. I saw you updated your TR...loved the pictures. I've not been on the dining boards since Nicki stopped doing reviews.

Thanks for the recap Kathy! I needed it! And I loved it!!!:cloud9:

Thanks, Jeantte. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I also have endometriosis, I fully sympathize. I've finally caught up! I love this TR a lot and can't wait until the next trip. You've reminded me to go update mine!

Kathy, I am behind (as to be expected) and will go back now and finish reading. :) Someday, since I've "known" you for quite a while a now on the Boards, it'd be really fun to meet you! Oct, 2016 might be a fun target to shoot for! :) Do let me know... Meantime, please send a PM for any TR's you start, as I don't have time really to just cruise the Boards looking. And, THANK YOU for your kind support on my thread- having a place to come and share my journey to my next trip, helps me get through School one day at a time... one post and response at a time. :hug:

I also have endometriosis, I fully sympathize. I've finally caught up! I love this TR a lot and can't wait until the next trip. You've reminded me to go update mine!

It's a painful disease for sure. Yes you do need to update yours. Thanks for reading.

Kathy, I am behind (as to be expected) and will go back now and finish reading. :) Someday, since I've "known" you for quite a while a now on the Boards, it'd be really fun to meet you! Oct, 2016 might be a fun target to shoot for! :) Do let me know... Meantime, please send a PM for any TR's you start, as I don't have time really to just cruise the Boards looking. And, THANK YOU for your kind support on my thread- having a place to come and share my journey to my next trip, helps me get through School one day at a time... one post and response at a time. :hug:

Liesa, I would love to meet you one day too. As for October 2016, there is a very good chance we will be living in Florida by that time and even if we can't get there during the week, there is always weekends. :)

I promise to let you know when I start a new TR for each of my three trips (May, July and October). I do have a PTR going for May but not much going on over there right now.

I know I wasn't very good about keeping up, but that's the great thing about wrap-up chapters! :laughing: Thanks for posting those...it looked like a great time, especially all of the DISmeets.

Liesa, I would love to meet you one day too. As for October 2016, there is a very good chance we will be living in Florida by that time and even if we can't get there during the week, there is always weekends. :)

I promise to let you know when I start a new TR for each of my three trips (May, July and October). I do have a PTR going for May but not much going on over there right now.

Then let's make it a plan! :) I thank Marv and Pat are somewhat "in", and I sure hope there are others! And our trip will span 2 weekends, so that shouldn't be a problem! Not sure yet where we'll be staying yet, but am excited to watch that unfold in the next 6 months or so.

Sorry I've been a bit MIA around here. But I love your TRs! Thank you so much for sharing your trips with us! My favorite thing is the pictures of you two having SO MUCH FUN! Makes me happy for you. I'll try to keep up with your 3(!) trips! I've got two coming up - this will make 4 in a 12 month period for me. Never had so many! Using up our APs and ALL our DVC points!
I'm off to find your PTR!!!

HiKathy I am on the boards for the first time in a while , Im posted all my excuses on my thread , so lets just say I hope to back in full swing again soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter