• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last Trip? It was until we met Food & Wine -- Recap 2/12

Fantastic trip!!! What a great set of wrap-up pictures!

I hope writing the report and reliving your wonderful trip has helped get you through your very rough year!

Sending warm hugs that the rest of the winter is kind to you and your family!

:goodvibes:

Well, let's wrap this puppy up. I don't think it has ever taken me five months to write a TR. But I know those who have been with me a good part of this TR know things were a bit rough in November with my mom getting really sick, my brother in the hospital and Mark and splitting our time taking care of mom and then mom's passing. Today actually would have been Mom's 84th birthday.
Kathy, five months isn't bad at all. It doesn't seem like it has been that long since you've kept things active around here the whole time. I think we know a few people who have a tendency to go that long between updates.

Seems like you might have met one of them on this trip...

Highlights of this trip, in NO particular order:

1) FINALLY meeting Tim
Yep, guess so.

And I'm impressed that he made number 1 on your highlight list. I hope it doesn't go to his head.

Thanks for sharing with us Kathy. As always, you know we'll be along for the next one.

:love: I have to agree these are the BEST pictures. just shows you having a great time! Just enjoying it ALL! YES! Dis friends are the best on the planet!! :grouphug:

Kathy, your 5 months of a TR help to make the time pass so much quicker waiting on our next trip to WDW... Now only 122 days away. As I have said many times over the years, I love your trip reports. Since joining the DIS back in 2008 before our first visit to WDW (we were late bloomers), your TR's have been one of my big, and I do mean big influences of where to go and how to do it when in Disney. Since 2008 I have learned so much from you on these boards and it has helped to make my Disney trips so enjoyable today. I have been blessed to not only call you a DIS & FB friend, but to have had the opportunity to meet you and Mark. I look forward to many more TR's and certainly hope our paths will cross many more times in the future at WDW. :hug:

The weather was hot and humid with record setting rainfall that month and yet you had a great time. I especially loved the time you spent with the little ones. It reminded me of our grandchildren and how much I enjoy going to Disney with them. :lovestruc

Nice re-cap! I'm glad it was a good trip, and thrilled that you finally met up with Tim and family. It seems like more and more of your TR's are filled with DISmeets...which is a good thing, in my opinion! You'll always have friends here!

Looking forward to the next trips. So glad you're able to make multiple visits this year.

Wow!! I took me a few days but I just read your entire TR...so much has happened in your life since that trip. I don't know you but after reading all about your family I feel like I do!! I'm so sorry about all the tough times this past year. I loved reading your report though and what an amazing trip. One day when my kids are older and I'm not limited to going on trips during school breaks...I hope to make it to F and W. I loved that you got to try a little bit of a whole bunch of different things.

What an awesome ending with those great pictures. Can't wait to see you and Mark in two weeks. YEAH !!!!! How do Waffles and Fries sound??? HAHA Danielle and I were talking about it last night.

Great wrap-up and great pictures! I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful time. And I'm really glad that you have more trips planned so I can follow along!

Wonderful report! Love the wrap up pictures!

Thank you, and thank you for joining.

Great wrap up and pictures!! What a great trip. Can't wait to catch up with the plans for your upcoming trips

Thanks for being here and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Great pictures to end your report. Looking forward to hearing about your next trip!

Thanks for joining in. I just caught up on yours and am now officially caught up everywhere. Maybe I'll even get another update done to my PTR this weekend.

You had some great highlights on this trip ... and some amazing photos!

Thanks, Sarah.

I really enjoyed reading along with your TR, and I'm glad I decided to read it and got the opportunity to read all about your adventure and to start to get to know you and Mark. I'm looking forward to reading more PTRs and TRs from you in the future (in fact, I'm headed over to read the update on your PTR right now!)

I'm glad you decided to read along as well and have enjoyed getting to know you as well.
I think my favorite thing was Gator Boy Chris! :sail: Wowsa! :rotfl2:

Yes, Chris certainly is not hard on my old eyes.

But on a serious note - great TR. I really enjoyed every minute of it. You had a bunch of fabulous DIS meets. I actually forgot there were so
many.

Thanks for being here again, Mary Ellen...I truly appreciate it. I had some wonderful DIS meets that trip and earlier trips in the year (with you and Denny).

Love all the recap pictures.

Great job!

Thanks!

What a wonderful trip! I love the balloon tradition. What an awesome way to honor your father's memory and spread a little pixiedust:

Thanks; it means a lot to me.

Hi Kathy! I finally made it over here. Your last MK day was so sweet. I'm glad you got to see Nikki, even if it wasn't very much. I remember when her Grandma passed. So sad. Yikes! The Gator guy looks like he might lose his head. :scared:

It was a great last day. I'm glad we had a couple of meals with Nicki. But she and I will certainly be making up for it in May and October. I can't believe those Gator guys do that on a daily basis.

You got a lot of great pics - I'm glad you found them!

Thanks...me too.

Fantastic trip!!! What a great set of wrap-up pictures!

Thanks, Dee.

I hope writing the report and reliving your wonderful trip has helped get you through your very rough year!

It did...truly. It was great having my DIS friends around me.

Sending warm hugs that the rest of the winter is kind to you and your family!

:goodvibes:

I hope the rest of your winter is very calm. You guys have had enough.

Kathy, five months isn't bad at all. It doesn't seem like it has been that long since you've kept things active around here the whole time. I think we know a few people who have a tendency to go that long between updates.

Hmmm....I wonder to whom you are referring?

Seems like you might have met one of them on this trip...

Oh him. Has he been on here lately? :rotfl2:

Yep, guess so.

Tim, he said it first. LOL

And I'm impressed that he made number 1 on your highlight list. I hope it doesn't go to his head.

Maybe that's why he hasn't been here. He figures he is popular enough. ;)

Thanks for sharing with us Kathy. As always, you know we'll be along for the next one.

Andy, thanks for being here for another trip.

:love: I have to agree these are the BEST pictures. just shows you having a great time! Just enjoying it ALL! YES! Dis friends are the best on the planet!! :grouphug:

Thanks, Mo; I'm glad you enjoyed them. Yes, the DIS friends are the best on the planet.

Kathy, your 5 months of a TR help to make the time pass so much quicker waiting on our next trip to WDW... Now only 122 days away. As I have said many times over the years, I love your trip reports. Since joining the DIS back in 2008 before our first visit to WDW (we were late bloomers), your TR's have been one of my big, and I do mean big influences of where to go and how to do it when in Disney. Since 2008 I have learned so much from you on these boards and it has helped to make my Disney trips so enjoyable today. I have been blessed to not only call you a DIS & FB friend, but to have had the opportunity to meet you and Mark. I look forward to many more TR's and certainly hope our paths will cross many more times in the future at WDW. :hug:

Thanks, Bob. I'm at 79 days (39 for Phoenix) and can't wait. I am sure you feel the same way with the winter months taking forever.

You, again, are just too kind to me. Thank you for the sweet and kind words. I am planning on many future meet ups at Disney with you.

The weather was hot and humid with record setting rainfall that month and yet you had a great time. I especially loved the time you spent with the little ones. It reminded me of our grandchildren and how much I enjoy going to Disney with them. :lovestruc

Sue, I don't mind the hot and humid too much (and best get used to it if moving down there in a year and a half), but that rain was unberable at times. I can't wait to hopefully spend time there with my own grandhildren one day.

Great trip and a wonderful report!

Thank you...I'm glad you enjoyed.

Nice re-cap! I'm glad it was a good trip, and thrilled that you finally met up with Tim and family. It seems like more and more of your TR's are filled with DISmeets...which is a good thing, in my opinion! You'll always have friends here!

Thanks, Mark. One of my favorite parts of my trips is DIS meets (and I enjoy the ones not at Disney just as much).

Looking forward to the next trips. So glad you're able to make multiple visits this year.

Me too!

Wow!! I took me a few days but I just read your entire TR...so much has happened in your life since that trip. I don't know you but after reading all about your family I feel like I do!! I'm so sorry about all the tough times this past year. I loved reading your report though and what an amazing trip. One day when my kids are older and I'm not limited to going on trips during school breaks...I hope to make it to F and W. I loved that you got to try a little bit of a whole bunch of different things.

Thank you so much for reading this in a few days and commenting. I truly appreciate it. It was a very rough end of the year, but I know that my mom is in a better place and no longer suffering. We really did have an amazing trip. We had fun with new and old friends and made the best of the weather. Oh my...you would love F&W and I hope you can do it one day. It's heaven.

What an awesome ending with those great pictures. Can't wait to see you and Mark in two weeks. YEAH !!!!! How do Waffles and Fries sound??? HAHA Danielle and I were talking about it last night.

Waffles and fries sound great. We are so excited that we are going to see you in two weeks. In the meantime, have a great trip.

Great wrap-up and great pictures! I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful time. And I'm really glad that you have more trips planned so I can follow along!

Thanks, Sarah. I appreciate you being here and I've enjoyed getting to know you, DH and Rory.

Wow... MK cleared out your last day. Those were the crowds I was expecting in September.

Can you believe we have NEVER done the riverboat? Crazy right?

I knew you were going to eat at the Plaza before you left MK. I forget, is the sundae included with the meal?

How long does it take you to get to Marco?

Love all the big boats you can see from your room in Marco. One of these days.... :rolleyes1

The airboat tour looks like a great time.. and you got to see some gators!

So when you are in Marco, are you two the only ones in the condo complex? Where are all the people?

Thank you again for sharing your trip with us and for taking the time out of your trip to spend some time with us. We really enjoyed spending time with you and Mark. :grouphug:

Kathy,

I'm so glad that I have gotten to know you through your TR and mine - not sure how we have missed each other all this time! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this TR and share with all of us - especially through all that you have gone through in the midst of it.

I will do my best to follow along on the PTR - I tend to be really bad with those, especially my own! :laughing: And I can't wait to join in on your next TR and the one after that and after that and after that.....

Aww Kathy, you and Mark were my highlights too! I'm so so so glad our trips overlapped, it was great to meet you.
Great wrap up, pictures say a thousand words afterall!

Great trip and great wrap up! Definitely helped me with the Food and Wine bug I've caught!

Can't wait to follow along with all your new journeys this year! Thanks for sharing your trip, Kathy!pixiedust:

I love seeing all of the magic shots from PhotoPass, they're so great!!
The last day in the parks is always the worst. Also! Gaston, he's so great! I've never met him, but I'm dying to!
I love all of your pictures from the Haunted Mansion, my favorite ride for sure!
Oh also, I forgot to mention I love your and Marks shirts!! Those are so cute!
I have always wanted to try to Plaza but we never seem to make it work.
Leaving Disney is seriously the saddest thing!

Again, so so so sorry to hear about your mother.
I loved reading the recap and for having no lowlights! (whooo!!) I love when that happens. I loved seeing all of the highlight pictures!
And of course I'll be following along for your PTR! Can't wait!!!

Kathy what a great wrap! Another awesome TR wrapped up and more trips to look forward to! I've got to bounce to your PTR.

Stay warm.

What great pictures to include in your highlights! I always say that any day at Disney is better than a day at work. You can soooo tell that you guys were having a great time and making great memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter