Last Trip? It was until we met Food & Wine -- Recap 2/12

I’m so sorry to hear about Joe and the young wrestler. I’m sorry you are dealing with so much heartache right now.

Great pictures from your morning with the kids. I especially like the Buzz Lightyear ride photos. After going on that ride so many times, I still have no idea which flash is the one that takes your picture!

It looks like you guys had so much fun touring the MK together!

Ride Buzz then meet Buzz... perfect!!! I've never actually met any Toy Story characters.

:rotfl2: The Buzz photos crack me up. Buzz never changed a bit from the first kids photo (when they weren't ready) to the second. "I'll just stand here until you're ready." Almost like a statue.

Aww, I remember riding the Speedway as a kid. It really is a thrill when you're that young.

What a great meet. Y'all looked like you had the best time together. What a treat to get to spend so much time together on your trip.
It was well deserved, anticipated and I'm sure lived up to the wait. :goodvibes

It did all that, Camille. :)

Can't wait to see more. :)

More to come.

I still can't believe Juliana got you to ride Space Mt. :rotfl2: You are such a good sport, Ms. Kat. :thumbsup2 Let it never be said that you don't follow through with what you say you'll do. ::yes::

How could I let that Princess down?

So sorry to hear more sad news affecting your family- continued prayers!

Thank you.

Enjoying the updates and pictures- y'all look like such a fun lovin' bunch!

We had a great time together.

One of these days we'll have to get up early and do CP for bf and experience an almost empty Main St. Ron's not one to like to get up early on vacation, but maybe getting to eat bf with Tigger will change his mind!:rotfl:

If Tigger can't change his mind, I don't know what will. :goodvibes

Cute pictures with Buzz!

Thanks, Ariana.

Such innocence seeing Gabby play with the Disney wonder around her and she's fascinated by a water bottle. :rotfl:

Isn't it amazing?

Great pictures on PP. I have yet to have any come out on that ride.

Firs time ever....I do love my new camera.

Uh Oh, I sense IASW coming up. :scared: :rotfl2:

You could be right.

you have SEVERAL pictures of Gabby smiling! granted she isn't looking at the camera in some of them BUT I SEE IT!!! :rotfl:

You are right, Mo.

I think Buzz is a bit creepy looking. My kids never had a desire to meet him because of it. :thumbsup2

He is, isn't he?

ADORE Peter Pan ride!

We will ride it only if it is something we hit first thing in the morning with no line. I won't waste a FP on it; we only did this time because we were with the kids.

hope things are getting better! :hug:

They are about the same, and I appreciate your concern.

So sorry to hear about your friend.

Thank you.

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Oh how easily entertained small children are. Sitting in the middle of the magic kingdom and she gets thrilled over a bottle of water! :lmao:

We really did; and Gabby was having a blast with those bottles.

Looks like it took Christopher a bit of time to warm up to the Buzz meet - but you did get some good pictures at the end. To be fair, Buzz does have a bit of a never-changing-crazed look to him

I don't think Christopher was expecting him to be so big.

The speedway is always fun for kids to get to "drive" - do wish they updated the technology of the cars to electric cars or mag-lev or something ... I mean, it is in Tomorrowland after all

I wish they'd upgrade it too and get rid of that awful smell.

Yeah for Peter Pan - such a fun ride ... though challenge to get goo pictures on - your last shot of the pirate sheep flying away is great!

Thanks, Phil.

The logo didn't meet the approval of Disney's lawyers. I think it was too close to the Disney Channel logo or something. Heck, I don't remember. They made those shirts probably 4 or 5 years ago.

I never knew that; learn something new every day.

Based on photographic evidence that can be found all over the Dis, apparently on your front steps or in the shower among other places. :rolleyes1

:lmao::lmao: So tempting to post again.

I'm glad that Gabby finally showed you a smile, Kathy. :lmao: Apparently she just needed some water bottles to entertain herself until she got into a better mood.

I guess that's what it was.

Oh, gosh. I think I know where this is going. :sail:

I'm sure you do. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hi Kathy! I'm all caught up.

:wave2: Casey; glad you are caught up.

First off I am so very sorry for your loss. :hug: I continue to keep you, your family, and all those you care about in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you so very much.

Love your last few updates. I got so far behind, I'm not really sure how. Love your pictures of the meet. Your pictures of Crystal Palace are making me so much more excited for our ADR there! I love Tigger and Pooh and can't wait to see them. 115 days left! :cool1:

You are almost in double digits. :) Pooh and Tigger are great.

Love the pictures with Buzz too. I have the Buzz Lightyear sweatshirt so I will have to get a picture with him while wearing it on my next trip! It's a huge joke between my girls and I so I would love to get a picture that I can show to them! :rotfl2:

That would be great...don't forget. :)

Boy was I far behind! I saw on FB every time you updated, and never made it over here. Now I am caught up!
First - Frozen fun! How cute was that?

The Frozen Fun was a lot of fun and very cute. I know a lot of people are tired of it, but we enjoyed it.

Oh and you and the Marie hat? I must get one for my daughter! Marie is her favorite!

It's adorable and very warm.

In the BW Studio, that's a queen bed right? It just looked small in the pic. Cute decor in there and you got a nice view! I have yet to stay there, but it's on my list!

Yes, and it is probably the smallest queen bed I ever saw I will admit. I do like the décor and our view was awesome.

LOVE LOVE the pics on empty Main Street!

My favorite time to be at the MK. :)

Tim and Mel have an adorable family! How fun that you got to have breakfast and ride rides with them! Those kids' smiles just light up the place!!! You are such a softie for kids - I would not have made that bet so open-ended to make me ride SM!!

They are great kids and I'm so glad we finally met them. I should have known it was coming because I know what a daredevil Juliana is.

Crystal Palace breakfast is on our agenda for NYE at MK this year! I can't wait!!!

Have you been before? We love it there.

Love the Buzz pics! He is kind of creepy looking, but he's always fun.

It's the first time I've been that close to Buzz.

You got a good picture of the girls on the Speedway! Nice job!

Thanks!

I love Peter Pan. It's one of my favorites.

I can't say that I love it; but we will ride if there is a 15 minute or less wait.

Can't wait to hear where you're headed next!

Oh it will be full of pictures I can tell you that.

Mark, Tim and Gabby might have gotten the better end of the deal. :rolleyes1

I agree with you on that.

:cool1::woohoo:

It was such a beautiful smile too.

Why did you want so badly to meet up with him again?:confused3:rotfl:

I don't know; I've often questioned my judgment on that one. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I love the Buzz pictures.

Thanks, Sarah.

Smiles from Gabby - yay! She should smile more, she has a beautiful smile!

I totally agree with you.

Yay for Peter Pan - I love that ride!

A lot of people do; I feel it needs an update of some sort and a way to make the line go a LOT faster.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else Tim made you do!

It's a good thing the kids were with us or I would have said no.

I’m so sorry to hear about Joe and the young wrestler. I’m sorry you are dealing with so much heartache right now.

Thanks, Sarah. It's been a rough five or six weeks.

Great pictures from your morning with the kids. I especially like the Buzz Lightyear ride photos. After going on that ride so many times, I still have no idea which flash is the one that takes your picture!

It's the last big scene with Zurg.

It looks like you guys had so much fun touring the MK together!

We really did; a lot of laughs, fun rides and fun character interactions.

Ride Buzz then meet Buzz... perfect!!! I've never actually met any Toy Story characters.

We haven't either (since I didn't actually go up and meet Buzz).

:rotfl2: The Buzz photos crack me up. Buzz never changed a bit from the first kids photo (when they weren't ready) to the second. "I'll just stand here until you're ready." Almost like a statue.

That outfit looks really uncomfortable.

Aww, I remember riding the Speedway as a kid. It really is a thrill when you're that young.

I never rode it as a kid (but I didn't go for the first time (but then my first visit when I was 17). I remember our boys loved it.

Such cute photos!! Looks like you guys really had a blast together. I really adore that you have built such a great relationship with a family you might not have met if it weren't for Disney. It's that kind of thing that is really awesome about these boards.

Looks like a fun day with Tim and fam! You got so much in for your morning!:thumbsup2 Those kiddos are so cute - Miss Gabbie has her own ideas about what she wants to do. :rotfl2: I thought Juliana would request IASW - she went right for adventure! Nice of you to accommodate her. :goodvibes Have you changed your mind about SM at all?

Such cute photos!! Looks like you guys really had a blast together. I really adore that you have built such a great relationship with a family you might not have met if it weren't for Disney. It's that kind of thing that is really awesome about these boards.

Thanks! :goodvibes We really did have fun with a bit more to come. Being that they live in Connecticut, we never would have. I have met some of my favorite people on the DIS, and my "little sis" and her husband I met here on the DIS and we have now been besties for five years.

Looks like a fun day with Tim and fam! You got so much in for your morning!:thumbsup2 Those kiddos are so cute - Miss Gabbie has her own ideas about what she wants to do. :rotfl2: I thought Juliana would request IASW - she went right for adventure! Nice of you to accommodate her. :goodvibes Have you changed your mind about SM at all?

We had a lot of fun with Tim, Mel and the rest of the family. We did quite a bit accomplished with more to come. Gabbie certainly has her own ways. I had a feeling Juliana would pick Space Mountain or Big Thunder (Big Thunder I can handle). No, I have NOT changed my mind about SM...just too rough for this older lady.

It looks like a fun time with them! It's so great the bond you have with people from the DIS!

It really was. We got some time to talk and had lots of laughs. I have said it before and will say it again, DIS friends are THE best.

Ok Kathy, I was a bit behind again. I'm all caught up now though.

The Frozen sing-along looks cute. We didn't see it since our time was so limited, but I wouldn't mind seeing it some time.

Your BW room is so pretty! Wow, dead battery on the lock? Never heard of that before, but I guess it's got to happen some time.

Yummmmm dinner at EOS looks so good.

We stopped in the Christmas store where I spent entirely too much money. I had to hide the receipt from Mark. :lmao::lmao::lmao:
Not a hard thing to do, that's for sure! I could easily spend the value of my house in that store.

Breakfast with Tim & family looks wonderful! Love all the empty MK pictures. :thumbsup2 In fact your whole MK morning with them looks like so much fun. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Ok Kathy, I was a bit behind again. I'm all caught up now though.

No worries, Wendy. You've been busy with your lovely paintings.

The Frozen sing-along looks cute. We didn't see it since our time was so limited, but I wouldn't mind seeing it some time.

We really enjoyed it!

Your BW room is so pretty! Wow, dead battery on the lock? Never heard of that before, but I guess it's got to happen some time.

I really like the soft feel of the room. I didn't either, but I guess they don't use Energizer batteries. :rotfl:

Yummmmm dinner at EOS looks so good.

LOVE EOS.

Not a hard thing to do, that's for sure! I could easily spend the value of my house in that store.

I sometimes wonder if I put all my ornaments together and added them up, what I've spent over the years. Especially since my entire tree with the exception of one ornament for my sweet Cookie is ALL Disney.

Breakfast with Tim & family looks wonderful! Love all the empty MK pictures. :thumbsup2 In fact your whole MK morning with them looks like so much fun. :goodvibes:goodvibes

It was a great morning with more fun to come. You can't beat an empty MK.

We had just finished riding Peter Pan and Tim suggested we just walk across the way and ride my all-time favorite ride, It's a Small World...NOT! He knows how much I dislike this ride. But he also knew that his kids love it and that I would do anything for his kids. As Captain_Oblivious said earlier, "why is it I was so anxious for this meet?" :lmao: There was no way I was turning down those adorable little faces so off we went.

Someone was excited

Are you ready Christopher?

I believe Mel, Tim and Gabby sat in one row, Christopher and Grandma were in another row, and then Juliana, Mark, and me in another row.

And off we went on the slowest ride you've ever seen. And here are pictures that I am sure you have NEVER seen. :rotfl:

Christopher couldn't get enough

What do you think Gabby?

Yeah, she looks like I do on that ride.

We escaped without too much hair pulling, and the skies started to look a little off.

Everyone made a quick restroom break and then the skies opened up and we ran and hung out here:

Here being the dump shop by Mickey's Philharmagic which was not open during our trip.

Up next...the rain lets up and we dash to one of the two most important FP+ selections of the trip

We arrived safely to use our FP+ to see the latest craze at Disney...Elsa and Anna. A few pictures as we waited our turn.

And then it was our turn to meet the Queen and the Princess. This is a mixture of my photos and the Photopass photos:

For a man who did NOT care to meet Anna and Elsa, he sure had a long conversation with Anna:

They were talking about building a snowman.

I have to say I prefer Anna and Elsa together as we had them in June, and I wasn't impressed with this Elsa at all. Anna was great, but Elsa seemed like she was bored out of her mind most of the time.

Up next, we hit the Mine Ride

Just seeing that little boys smile must have made it worth the ride. Personally I am so sick of all the Frozen hype. I loved the movie but enough already.

Great updates!

How can you not like It's a Small World? Going on it despite your dislike of the ride was very generous ... although it seems like Tim and his kids were trying to take you on every ride you didn't want to go on!

I love the Elsa and Anna pictures!

Elsa seems to be laughing at something you guys said in this picture.

And I think it's hard not to have a long conversation with Anna ... she just talks and talks and talks.

I'm sorry you weren't impressed with Elsa - I hate when the characters aren't so great, especially the ones like Elsa that are harder to see.
I wish they were still meeting together - I heard they were great when they were together (I also heard that the interaction between the two was holding up the line).

Your favorite ride!! :lmao: I am glad the kids liked it.

Philharmagic was closed when we were there too and I was not happy about it:sad: But at least you got out of the rain.

The last time we saw the sisters they were together, in a few weeks we will see then separated and I am not sure how it will go compared to last year, they were so fun together!

Your pictures with Anna are great I can tell you had a good time with her! pixiedust:

I swear I responded to this update.... :surfweb:

When I last left you, we had just finished riding Buzz and were waiting to see someone Christopher was anxious to see. And soon it was our turn --

(Buzz was getting his stamp for the autograph books)
:rotfl2: Juliana is scratching her head saying 'Where is he going?'

Look at Christopher's face.... LOLOLOLOLOL

Mel and Grandma took Juliana and Christopher to do Tomorrowland Speedway. Mark, Tim and Gabby waited outside, trying to find a little shade, while I ran to use the restroom and get us some waters. When I came back, Gabby was having some fun

It was sooooo hot. She loved feeling the cool from the water bottle.

Mark & I had a nice time just sitting around and talking for a few minutes while everyone was on the ride too. :goodvibes

It was then time for our next attraction

We all enjoyed our flight with Peter Pan.
And somehow Mark & I rode together. :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Up next, Tim makes me do my other favorite ride
Ooooh, oooooooh, oooooh, I know what it is!!!!! :boat:

We had just finished riding Peter Pan and Tim suggested we just walk across the way and ride my all-time favorite ride, It's a Small World...NOT! He knows how much I dislike this ride. But he also knew that his kids love it and that I would do anything for his kids. As Captain_Oblivious said earlier, "why is it I was so anxious for this meet?" :lmao: There was no way I was turning down those adorable little faces so off we went.
Listen "Aunt' Kathy, don't act surprised that you ended up riding IASW with us. I TOLD you were going to a long time ago. :lmao:

Are you ready Christopher?

Ready? This kid was born ready!

I believe Mel, Tim and Gabby sat in one row, Christopher and Grandma were in another row, and then Juliana, Mark, and me in another row.
Yea... something like that. :rotfl2:

Christopher couldn't get enough

My kids have always loved this ride.

What do you think Gabby?

Yeah, she looks like I do on that ride.
Hummm.... wonder why the long face. She loved it. You probably did something to her to make her look like this. :rotfl:

We escaped without too much hair pulling, and the skies started to look a little off.
Off? Oh really? Ya think? :scratchin

Everyone made a quick restroom break and then the skies opened up and we ran and hung out here:

Here being the dump shop by Mickey's Philharmagic which was not open during our trip.
Yea, we had to hang out here for a while. It was really coming down.

We arrived safely to use our FP+ to see the latest craze at Disney...Elsa and Anna.
Once again, thank you so much for securing these FPs for us. :goodvibes

Look! Gabby wasn't scared!

This is a good shot!

This Elsa looks kinda scary to me.

For a man who did NOT care to meet Anna and Elsa, he sure had a long conversation with Anna:
He was pulled to this M&G.... he probably just wanted to make the best of it. :rolleyes1

I have to say I prefer Anna and Elsa together as we had them in June, and I wasn't impressed with this Elsa at all. Anna was great, but Elsa seemed like she was bored out of her mind most of the time.
Yea I wasn't all that impressed with Elsa. Anna was great. Maybe this was the Elsa from the first 90% of the movie, not the last 10%. :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter