Ladies...dresses and summer heat. Which ones to buy?

Being "Pooh sized", I will wear dresses but wear some tights or bike shorts under my dress. This way getting in and out of rides, no one is getting a free show ;)

I just bought two sundresses from Old Navy yesterday. They are the first sundresses I've ever tried on that looked good on me without a bra. I can never wear tanks or sundresses because I won't wear strapless bras and not wearing one never works for me. But for some reason the shape of these dresses works and they're very light so they should be very cool. I'm excited about that.

They look very nice. How long/short are they on the thigh? Thanks!
The Hiker Chic are just to the knee
The Basic/Fancy are just above that.
At 52 and quite pooh sized both are appropriate on me
Oh, I'm 5'6" so may be different on other heights

I know the topic of dresses has been discussed multiple times, however I'm curious to know WHICH types of dresses you like the best? I have found some cute "outdoorsy" ones from Patagonia and The North Face, but if you have found some other great dresses I would love to hear about which ones you like the best. I have attached the ones i have my eyes on and they have shelf bras in them already, which to me is a huge bonus. TIA :)

Depending on the material, black isn't that bad. If it's a heavier knit - no way, but if it's a light material (more chiffony) then it'll be fine.
Pay attention to the length of your dress. I did below knee or full (maxi length), for modesty reasons on rides. Otherwise, you'll want to wear shorts underneath so you're not flashing everyone.
I personally LOVED dresses at Disney, I found them very cool. My favorites were the full length maxis in a nice light jersey knit. Any with a built in bra is definitely a bonus.

Athleta usually has some cute ones made of lightweight, sweat-wicking material.
The wicking materials are really important to me too. No cotton here, that just holds moisture. Feels great for indoors but not at all during a hot and humid park day

I just bought two sundresses from Old Navy yesterday. They are the first sundresses I've ever tried on that looked good on me without a bra. I can never wear tanks or sundresses because I won't wear strapless bras and not wearing one never works for me. But for some reason the shape of these dresses works and they're very light so they should be very cool. I'm excited about that.
I'll be honest here...unless its a strapless dress - which I usually can't do with my bigger than average chest - I just wear my bra anyway. I have a nude one so its not like the straps are that obvious, plus I have a few that actually come with clear straps you can use.

The Hiker Chic are just to the knee
The Basic/Fancy are just above that.
At 52 and quite pooh sized both are appropriate on me
Oh, I'm 5'6" so may be different on other heights

Thank you for the info....may need to go spend some $$!

Another vote for SparkleSkirts! They are truly worth it. I took a couple on our Australia trip in December and hiked all around Uluru wearing them. Very comfortable, even in the insane heat.

I love that aqua one!

I love wearing long pool coverups as dresses. I usually get them from Victoria's Secret or Macys and they are so soft, lightweight, and comfortable!

I know the topic of dresses has been discussed multiple times, however I'm curious to know WHICH types of dresses you like the best? I have found some cute "outdoorsy" ones from Patagonia and The North Face, but if you have found some other great dresses I would love to hear about which ones you like the best. I have attached the ones i have my eyes on and they have shelf bras in them already, which to me is a huge bonus. TIA :)
I wore rompers the majority of the time. They worked out great!!!!

The wicking materials are really important to me too. No cotton here, that just holds moisture. Feels great for indoors but not at all during a hot and humid park day

I wear athletic type clothes all the time. Rarely do I wear t-shirts or jean/khaki shorts. Too hot and take too long to dry when sweaty or after wet rides. Not dresses, but the best thing I've found to wear in the heat is Lululemon stuff. Pretty pricey but that's what DH gets me for Christmas/Bday gifts. It has some kind of anti stink in it that really works and I can wear an outfit more than once without washing, even in July heat. That's also great since I don't have to pack as many outfits! I haven't found any other brands to work that well. They do have rompers sometimes and also tennis skirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter