Ladies...dresses and summer heat. Which ones to buy?

I'm doing tennis skorts from Academy (I got the longest ones, $15 each) with a bunch of Disney tanks. I do have one skirt and I have a boy short to wear under it. I am contemplating a Disney tank dress, as well.

How do you know how long they are? And do they look like tennis skorts or can they reasonably pass with a pair of Columbia sandals (yeah I know, I'm the style queen princess:)

I have this one in my cart. Is that the one that's the longest?

Yes! That's it! I know bc I went to the store and tried them on! :) I got black, white, and pink. But they had an orange, too!

Do any of you have the time to measure the length of the skirt from waistband to hem? I am 5'9". I love the look of these. I wish I'd seen them weeks ago. We leave in 7 days. I might try these, but I don't have time to make a mistake.

Go to athleta.com. It's an offshoot of Gap. They have a variety of great dresses made for an active lifestyle and also an assortment of skorts. PP made a good point about climbing in and out of ride vehicles and the skort is a great alternative to maintain a level of modesty. ;)

Do any of you have the time to measure the length of the skirt from waistband to hem? I am 5'9". I love the look of these. I wish I'd seen them weeks ago. We leave in 7 days. I might try these, but I don't have time to make a mistake.
If I remember when I get home I will. I'm at work all day today, unfortunately....lol. I'm about 5'6 and they fall to my knee. Also, it may give you the info online?

Go to athleta.com. It's an offshoot of Gap. They have a variety of great dresses made for an active lifestyle and also an assortment of skorts. PP made a good point about climbing in and out of ride vehicles and the skort is a great alternative to maintain a level of modesty. ;)
The skorts there looked very short. I know it is hard to tell online but that's how it appears.

I wear sundresses all the time to work and at home on the weekends because I'm not crazy about shorts, so I own a zillion of them. I also wear them to Disney but I buy the ones I wear there from Old Navy or Walmart or somewhere less expensive. I don't wear shorts under mine, I'm height challenged so ones that are designed to be mid-thigh on most women come to my knees and I don't have a chafing problem. I've looked in the skorts but the only ones that have the kind of pockets I'd need to go without a bag are the sparkle ones and I'm too cheap to spend that much on something I'd only wear two or three times a year. If I got the ones without pockets it would just make sense to me to wear a walking short or a pair of capris. When I went in March, I wore capris with cargo pockets, all light weight but it was a little cooler then (maybe around 80 every day). I got hooked on going bagless with those so I'm toying with wearing those in September as well or buying a money belt type thing to wear over my sundresses so I still don't have to carry a bag.

I wear sundresses all the time to work and at home on the weekends because I'm not crazy about shorts, so I own a zillion of them. I also wear them to Disney but I buy the ones I wear there from Old Navy or Walmart or somewhere less expensive. I don't wear shorts under mine, I'm height challenged so ones that are designed to be mid-thigh on most women come to my knees and I don't have a chafing problem. I've looked in the skorts but the only ones that have the kind of pockets I'd need to go without a bag are the sparkle ones and I'm too cheap to spend that much on something I'd only wear two or three times a year. If I got the ones without pockets it would just make sense to me to wear a walking short or a pair of capris. When I went in March, I wore capris with cargo pockets, all light weight but it was a little cooler then (maybe around 80 every day). I got hooked on going bagless with those so I'm toying with wearing those in September as well or buying a money belt type thing to wear over my sundresses so I still don't have to carry a bag.
I thought that till I got one. Once I wore it I realized I never want to wear traditional shorts again. At home or at Disney. So I plan to wear them every single day, no matter where I am. I can even wear the Hiker length to work and feel comfortable. The shorter ones just don't quite fit my idea of casual work attire, even when I work in the office for a construction company and wear jeans most every day

The skorts there looked very short. I know it is hard to tell online but that's how it appears.
I have quite a few Athleta skorts and they are not short unless you are looking at the Running and tennis skirts styles. I will find a picture to upload.

I am 5'3", for reference. These are both Palisades Skort from Athleta. The Stretch in Skort is another favorite of mine. It's about the same length. I also have the Trekkie skort which is a bit shorter.
STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR2_7661917206_zpsrbn7oh0s.jpeg

STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_7659880262_zpsfakybum1.jpeg

If I remember when I get home I will. I'm at work all day today, unfortunately....lol. I'm about 5'6 and they fall to my knee. Also, it may give you the info online?
Thank you. That'd be great.
I filled a virtual shopping cart. I couldn't find that online. I'll check again.

Ok - so I should know better than to stalk DIS. I alsways find out about things I want - I ordered both from Duluth Trading and Sparkleskirts! Just don't tell my husband how much I spent!!

I got the mouse in the mix sparkle skirt - too cute.

For the person who asked about the length of the skirt from Academy, my size small is 15 1/4 inches long from the top of the waist band to the bottom edge. For me that is mid thigh. I am 5'6".

Thank you. That'd be great.
I filled a virtual shopping cart. I couldn't find that online. I'll check again.
I measured one last night. It was longer in the middle, shorter on the sides but about 15-16 inches. I got the large. I'm 5'6 and it hits a little above the top of my knees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter