Ladies...dresses and summer heat. Which ones to buy?

sep1180

Mouseketeer
I know the topic of dresses has been discussed multiple times, however I'm curious to know WHICH types of dresses you like the best? I have found some cute "outdoorsy" ones from Patagonia and The North Face, but if you have found some other great dresses I would love to hear about which ones you like the best. I have attached the ones i have my eyes on and they have shelf bras in them already, which to me is a huge bonus. TIA :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 1.46.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 1.46.52 PM.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 1.47.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 1.47.47 PM.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 1.48.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 1.48.02 PM.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 124
I would stay away from the black one or other dark colors as black cloth attracts the sun and holds in heat. I love the other two though!

When wearing a dress don't forget some sort of anti-chaffing for between the legs, I would suggest Gold Bond myself

Lands End knit dresses. They are super comfortable, never look wrinkled, and can stand up to lots of washing. Glide is my anti chafing choice. We get it at our local running sports store (Playmakers in Okemos, Michigan -- they deserve a shout out.)

If I am in a dress, dark colors don't seem to bother me (and believe me, I don't tolerate heat very well at all). The ones pictured are cute!

I am bringing 2 maxi dresses, 2 knit sleeveless dresses and a bunch of skirts/light tops. The skirts are from Wevez and I bought them on Amazon. They were $35 for 5 at the time, but you don't get to pick which 5 they send you. I was happy with all patterns I received except one, which I gave to my SIL.

I have Gold Bond anti-friction balm and slip shorts to combat chafing.

If I am in a dress, dark colors don't seem to bother me (and believe me, I don't tolerate heat very well at all). The ones pictured are cute!

I am bringing 2 maxi dresses, 2 knit sleeveless dresses and a bunch of skirts/light tops. The skirts are from Wevez and I bought them on Amazon. They were $35 for 5 at the time, but you don't get to pick which 5 they send you. I was happy with all patterns I received except one, which I gave to my SIL.

I have Gold Bond anti-friction balm and slip shorts to combat chafing.

That was my next question...chaffing. I plan to wear a boy short underneath, just trying to figure out the best kind of moisture wicking and ones that don't ride up.

There are some cute tshirt dresses on gapoutlet.com right now. That's what I'll be wearing!

I'm doing tennis skorts from Academy (I got the longest ones, $15 each) with a bunch of Disney tanks. I do have one skirt and I have a boy short to wear under it. I am contemplating a Disney tank dress, as well.

I'm doing tennis skorts from Academy (I got the longest ones, $15 each) with a bunch of Disney tanks. I do have one skirt and I have a boy short to wear under it. I am contemplating a Disney tank dress, as well.
How do you know how long they are? And do they look like tennis skorts or can they reasonably pass with a pair of Columbia sandals (yeah I know, I'm the style queen princess:)

I have this one in my cart. Is that the one that's the longest?

How do you know how long they are? And do they look like tennis skorts or can they reasonably pass with a pair of Columbia sandals (yeah I know, I'm the style queen princess:)

That is super cute! I plain to wear all of these dresses and skirts with chacos... Practical, yes, but not fashionable. Such long days that I prefer comfort!

I really like the ultralite skort from duluth trading. I have that in two colors.

I also got some plain cotton knit dresses at walmart for $10 recently.

I have gotten several pair of skorts to wear this year. I wouldn't wear a dress without compression shorts to keep from chaffing.

That is super cute! I plain to wear all of these dresses and skirts with chacos... Practical, yes, but not fashionable. Such long days that I prefer comfort!
What site are you finding the best prices on North Face dresses? I love the pink one.

To the person several posts above (post#10). I have that skort in blue and I love it. I tried on the white and the material was a little thin for my tastes - I was concerned about it being see-through if it got wet. It is fairly long for a tennis skort - about mid thigh like shorts would be. The shorts underneath are very short - they fit more like briefs. I am fine with that and find them quite comfortable, but others may prefer shorts that extend longer down the leg.

Yes! That's it! I know bc I went to the store and tried them on! :) I got black, white, and pink. But they had an orange, too!

To the person several posts above (post#10). I have that skort in blue and I love it. I tried on the white and the material was a little thin for my tastes - I was concerned about it being see-through if it got wet. It is fairly long for a tennis skort - about mid thigh like shorts would be. The shorts underneath are very short - they fit more like briefs. I am fine with that and find them quite comfortable, but others may prefer shorts that extend longer down the leg.
I never saw blue at the store. Do they have blue online?

Oh and I'll just make sure to wear light or white colored underwear with it and the tanks I have are fairly long and will cover my bottom...lol.

Great! I will order the black one. In case I want to wear it to a fancy restaurant, you know, black skorts are the rule.
Yes! That's it! I know bc I went to the store and tried them on! :) I got black, white, and pink. But they had an orange, too!
Thank you! I went ahead and ordered black and pink. Now off to the gym...:yay:

Last edited:
Found the blue and ordered! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter