• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ladies and Gentleman this will be the new promotion for 2013,

I am wondering how it works also. We have an AP, and want to stay at POP, I will need at least 20% (25 would seal the deal) before I change to an offsite hotel that will save us over $1000.00. I don't want to wait much longer and risk no availability at the other location.

I currently have two ressies booked (one at Pop and one through a third party for a one bedroom villa at Bonnet Creek). As an AP holder I usually use an AP discount and stay at a moderate though. I just ran the numbers for 20%, 25%, and 30% off. I can still get a one bedroom villa at Bonnet Creek cheaper than I could a Value with a 30% discount. I don't need park tickets and was planning to rent a car anyway. Bonnet Creek is right on property and closer to some of the parks than alot of the WDW resorts. Hmm, a tiny, crowded, one room hotel room at Pop vs a large one bedroom villa with a fully equipped kitchen, living room, two TVs, separate bedroom with king size bed, nice walk in shower, jacuzzi tub, washer/dryer, nicer pools, pool slides, two lazy rivers, mini course, buses to the parks if I decide I don't want to drive and the much nicer Deluxe villa is still cheaper than a Value room, much less a Moderate ($895.00 for ten nights/eleven days at Bonnet Creek vs $1032.00-$1215.00 at Pop depending if the discount is 20%-30%). Compared to a moderate, a one bedroom at Bonnet Creek is $895.00 for ten nights vs $1599.00-$1827.00 at CSR, again depending on a 20%-30% discount. Think I'm staying at Bonnet Creek this trip. Even the AP discounts won't be able to beat the deal I have now at Bonnet Creek.

Sorry but not discounts after June 14 this is like a room only offer it´s day by day and if you check in june 14 you will get only that day discounted, sorry again:)

Danny...thank you for the answer although not what was hoping for!! I have a room only reserved at POP and need to call in deposit, and when I read the thread was waiting until I heard...now will just go ahead with original dates as the savings for one night are erased if we have to pay for an extra night as we have two rooms...thanks again for your help!

AWESOME!!! I am too lazy to do the math- has anyone figured out the savings on the tickets with the discount?

it´s up to 30 % no difference betwen value and deluxe, it´s change by resort and room type but not by category, sorry but I don´t know that about the tickets :thumbsup2

So...this may be too specific a question for ya'...but I thought I'd ask just in case you do have the answer :goodvibes

With the current GP room offer it says save 35% on deluxe hotels. However, when I booked an Arusha view room it was only 5%.With this new deal of up to 30% off RO do you think the Arusha view rooms will be one of the lower discounts (like 5%)? I ended up getting a RO PIN code and I think I got 25% off on the room. If the Arusha View is only like 5% in the new "up to 30% off" RO discount then can I still use my RO PIN and the lower ticket prices as well?

Again - not sure if that's asking too much detail but TIA!!!

Awesome information OP -- always accurate in the past so I have no doubts about this time. :thumbsup2
Thank you for letting us know!

AWESOME!!! I am too lazy to do the math- has anyone figured out the savings on the tickets with the discount?

It depends on the ticket type and the number of days. I am assuming that the posted prices for the deal include tax.

But it appears to be $50-$60 savings for bast tickets of 4-10 days. $20-$75 savings for park hoppers for 3-10 day tickets.

I have not looked at Water Park option or no expiration tickets

My family (5a/6c) is booked March 23-28, 4 LM rooms at AoA. If my math is correct with a 10% room discount and the ticket discount our family would save about $835. However, if LM rooms are excluded and the discount doesn't exceed 10% off a value room, we may keep what we have booked. For 20% we would move to another value. With us visiting the week before Easter I am not hopeful that I will see 20%, but it sure would make my Disney dreams come true.

I just hope I am able to apply this to our current room type. We are booked for the CR /w TPV.

Also wondering is Disney Visa holders will get to book early...

Also, the room type we have booked at YC (GV) is already sold out for our dates. Does that mean they wouldn't be likely to offer a discount there? We'd be willing to switch to BC if it was offered there, to get the deal, but that's probably the only change we would consider.

So no more stay,play, and dine discounts? No discounts at all on the dining plan?:( I'm happy this will help some with their planning, I just wish WDW would release discounts for Fall 2013 sooner so I can book airfare sooner than summer time...we are patiently waiting for Nov/Dec. Discounts.

Danny......first off WOW and thank you for posting this!! :cool1: I'm hoping you can please help me.... right now we've got our package booked w/ the GF for June 1-8. We've got park hopper 8 day and deluxe dining.

How do I go about getting the discount applied (once it comes out) and will it apply to just the room portion of our package ? I really need help figuring this out, please! :faint:

thank you!!!!!!
Jill

I've always used this table to easily figure out ticket prices: http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Current-Walt-Disney-World-Ticket-Prices.jpg.

Find your tickets on this table and then like at the OP which lays out the comparable price with the discount...easy-peasy!

Danny25, I think I love you (yes, your photo shows that you have a beautiful family - please explain to your wife that I mean this in the nicest, most non-threatening way possible. But I really, really love you).

I already have a room-only reservation in May. So on Jan 3 I can call in and get that reservation switched to the new discount offer, whatever it is for my particular resort/room type choice, plus add discounted tickets, plus add a non-discounted Dining Plan. Correct? With no PIN or secret code, just an offer open to the general public?

Two years ago there was a discount that opened to the general public at the beginning of January - but the DIS discovered that we could call in two or three days ahead of that release date and get the same offer using a code. Any chance of that happening here?

Danny......first off WOW and thank you for posting this!! :cool1: I'm hoping you can please help me.... right now we've got our package booked w/ the GF for June 1-8. We've got park hopper 8 day and deluxe dining.

How do I go about getting the discount applied (once it comes out) and will it apply to just the room portion of our package ? I really need help figuring this out, please! :faint:

thank you!!!!!!
Jill

Jill, basically you will call them, and have them apply the discount to your package. It should not be a problem. In fact, I have already booked, put a deposit down. I did so a couple weeks ago, but I have been on the phone and online chat with quite a few CMs, each and evey time I explained that I was waiting for a promotion, and each and every time they repeatedly told me that I could book now, and then call back and apply any promotion that is being offered.

J

Jill, basically you will call them, and have them apply the discount to your package. It should not be a problem. In fact, I have already booked, put a deposit down. I did so a couple weeks ago, but I have been on the phone and online chat with quite a few CMs, each and evey time I explained that I was waiting for a promotion, and each and every time they repeatedly told me that I could book now, and then call back and apply any promotion that is being offered.

J

Fantastic! Thank you! I'm so happy to see that discounts are coming....I was beginning to lose hope. This is wonderful news!

I am wondering too if Disney Visa will be offered this first. Usually we get about a week to book before it goes GP so if this were the case wouldn't the discount come out for DV right after Christmas? I'm going to be frantically watching for snail mail and email from Disney Visapopcorn::

Excuse my ignorance, but in the listing in the first post, what does "AD" and "CH" mean?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter