• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

KtP article...Pandora World of Avator possibly opening Memorial Day weekend?

What a great way to incrementally increase attendance. Simply leak plausible opening dates with no direct news of an opening day. Get people to gamble on coming early

Actually it's to stop the opposite from happening. If they say something too soon, 1 they have to make the date and 2, people stop coming and booking for after the opening because we're brainwashed into its ok to wait 1-2 years planning your trip. A good example of this was the second version of the iphone. Steve jobs in an interview in november that a new version was coming early the next year. holiday sales completely stopped and now they fight any leak hard because anytime any company says a new thing is coming, the old thing stop being purchased.

it's a very fine line between drumming up excitement and stopping people from buying your current product knowing if they just wait a little longer they get more..

this is why msep went to disneyland, they got excitement and a reason to come until star wars opens. people slowed down coming waiting for it.

Oh please, PLEASE let Disney stay on schedule (assuming that is indeed the target date). Our last park day is June 3rd.

I would put my guess on that this is a higher attendance time for WDW, and if Rivers of Light debuts before then they could anticipate AK to be more crowded at this time.

With it looking like memorial day weekend *may* be the grand opening for "Pandora: The World of Avatar" I was wondering how early they will start doing soft openings? Also how to they choose people for them? I know for the New Fantasyland there was something for Annual Passholders, but not for the opening of FEA this past year. Just wondering if it by a certain group of people like AP holders or DVC members or if it is at random.

With it looking like memorial day weekend *may* be the grand opening for "Pandora: The World of Avatar" I was wondering how early they will start doing soft openings? Also how to they choose people for them? I know for the New Fantasyland there was something for Annual Passholders, but not for the opening of FEA this past year. Just wondering if it by a certain group of people like AP holders or DVC members or if it is at random.
Nobody knows until they start. Soft openings aren't pre planned, they happen when they happen. They also aren't guaranteed, they may not happen at all.

Well we are tentatively planning a trip for a long Memorial Day weekend as well so would be cool if we could catch some new stuff during that time!

We go to wdw yearly. Our next visit will be end of this coming August. I know they are building a new Avatar land in AK but to be honest I know nothing about it. Never even saw Avatar. Can someone give me some info on this new land? Will there be any rides? When will it open? anything will be helpful. Thanks

Well you'll definitely want to see the movie. It's good. Have you seen the 90's kid movie Ferngully? It's similar to that. Humans going in and trying to bulldoze/colonize, for themselves but the land is inhabited by the Na'vi species..thats a roughly theory for what it is

There will be rides and the surrounding area should be beautiful to go along with their world in the movie. All we know is its opening this coming summer. No specific month or date has been announced yet

There is a lot of info on the Rumors and New board. Moving your thread there. :)

What is going to be in the new Pandora's land? Are there rides, shows? Where can I read what is going to be there?

What I wonder is if perhaps we might see ROL, and Pandora both opening at the same time. All of the information I've seen about ROL leads me to believe that the show is pretty close to being ready. It wouldn't surprise me if Disney held off on it a bit longer just to be able to open it in conjunction with Pandora. Certainly, the impact of the two opening together should do a pretty good job of bolstering attendance at AK, and especially in the evenings.

I arrive June 1st also. I planned a Typhoon Lagoon day. If it does open I will switch/eliminate TP. That said I too am worried on how the crowds will be at every park for that week if it opens. Does anyone remember how crowded the other parks were when the new fantasyland opened?

I'll wait to drop the mic after the actual it's opening announcement, but I so want to just drop the mic now.
I know, I am arriving August 1st and while I hope it opens way before that I know to not get my hopes up as sometimes there are complications. We went last August and were hoping RoL would be running, and were sadly disappointed by the Jungle Book show. I am hoping Memorial Day weekend is the opening, as our 60 days for fast passes will be just in time and hopefully we could save some time that way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter