KtP article...Pandora World of Avator possibly opening Memorial Day weekend?

sheila <3 WDW

DIS Veteran
I didn't see this posted yet, but Kenny the Pirate posted about a new ticket deal that has AK blackout days starting May 27. Possibly indicating Pandora may open Memorial Day weekend! We are going in June so that would be awesome!

"The new Discover Disney ticket is valid for either 3 or 4 days of use, depending upon ticket purchase. It can be used only from January 4th through June 9th, 2017. However, Animal Kingdom is BLOCKED from usage between May 27th and June 9th. It’s believed that this could point to a possible opening date of Memorial weekend for the Avatar Land area of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Nothing is assured, until Walt Disney World releases official dates, but it seems possible that the area could open."

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/...ket-deal-points-possible-avatar-land-opening/

Len Testa seems to think Pandora will open July-ish (from multiple podcasts). Could Memorial Day weekend be an opening for RoL instead?

I'll wait to drop the mic after the actual it's opening announcement, but I so want to just drop the mic now.

They could easily be targeting Memorial Day weekend. Whether they'll hit it is another story. I feel like once upon a time people were talking about Earth Day, but clearly "Summer" doesn't suggest that.

Len Testa seems to think Pandora will open July-ish (from multiple podcasts). Could Memorial Day weekend be an opening for RoL instead?
Grand opening could be July with softs starting Memorial Day weekend. However I think they are projecting a Memorial Day weekend opening right now.

Thank goodness for APs and multiple trips a year. We will be there the second full week in March for my son's college spring break and aren't expecting anything except F&G to be happening. However, I'll be back at some point for F&W so maybe there will be a few surprises for me then.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. We start the Disney portion of our trip June 1, so this puts us right there at the right time. Although I would LOVE to see it, and it would be a nice surprise as we were NOT expecting to, I worry that it will impact crowds considerably. I guess wait and see is the name of the game now!

I'm not sure how I feel about this. We start the Disney portion of our trip June 1, so this puts us right there at the right time. Although I would LOVE to see it, and it would be a nice surprise as we were NOT expecting to, I worry that it will impact crowds considerably. I guess wait and see is the name of the game now!
i agree
we will be there at the same time

I'll be down there late June. I'm hoping it just draws everyone to Animal Kingdom and lower the crowds at the other parks.

Edit: If it even ends up opening when I'm down there of course.

Last edited:
We start our trip on July 1st, I'm keeping my fingers crossed it opens memorial day weekend. That would be fantastic to see.

We aren't going back in 2018, so it'll be awhile before we see it. We missed mine train by a few days when it opened, so if we miss pandora, that'll be our luck lol.

It depends on when the actual announcement of opening date happens. The more time between announcement and opening the higher the crowd. The less time and it's more likely to suck all the locals out of the other parks and over too it.

Thanks, Ryan :) I wonder if it will be a longer timespan between cast previews and opening since it's an entire land?

What a great way to incrementally increase attendance. Simply leak plausible opening dates with no direct news of an opening day. Get people to gamble on coming early ;)

Truth is, it could be an internal target. One you have to feed marketing so they can add that boilerplate to about a million different offers. They still need to hit the date. So it's a good guess. It's plausible. It's not quite a smoking gun. Still many things have to come to pass before it opens.
If anything it indicates the earliest it might open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter