• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kona Cafe, a hidden gem

blitzkrieg048

Bond...James Bond
My DW and I had a fantastic dinner at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. I don't hear much about this place so when I made a last minute PS this was one of the few restaurants available. My DW had teriyaki sirloin strip and I had Filet Mignon. We were both extremely happy with our meals. They serve foccacia bread with olive oil and paremsan cheese to start you off. We had sticky wings for an appetizer. They even bring you warm moist hand clothes to wipe your face and mouth with, because the wings get a little messy. Unfortunately we were both too full for dessert but there selection looked very tempting. The atmosphere was nice and we had a great meal. Not much beatin' that. I strongly reccommend the Kona Cafe if you haven't tried it yet.

We LOVE Kona Cafe!

When we stayed at the Poly for a week a few years ago, we had breakfast there every single day (DH wouldn't go anywhere else after we had the 100% Kona Coffee Press Pot!). We also had lunch there once and dinner there once. It is a great place no matter what meal you choose.

We love the Kona! Haven't had a bad meal there - ever. I am disappointed that they took our beloved KoKo Puffs off the dessert menu.

We love Kona as well. We've never had a bad meal there. The Filet, Mahi Mahi, Asian Pasta, Prime rib, all are really good. Plus the prices are very reasonable compared other Disney restaurants.

Oh, I know -- I've been writing its praises since coming home last month! Everytime I see a Kona or 'Ohana post, I have to RAVE about Kona ('Ohana -- good to try once, Kona -- would keep coming back)! Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Thank you for your review!

We are trying Kona for the first time this summer and I am excited about it!

I hear nothing but great things about the place lately!

We did Ohana last year and it was wonderful. I am sure Kona will be too.

We love the Polynesian Resort, THANKS AGAIN

Kona is my fav restaurant of all. I actually enjoy the lunch menu more than the dinner menu. My all time fav food there is the duck pot stickers and the asian noodle bowl. DH's fav is the Big Kahuna burger, which I have to tell you, is BIG! My FIL loves the BBQ pulled pork sandwich.

I like that it's really relaxing, nice and cool and a great respite from MK on a hot hot day. I also like that during lunch it's never that crowded so I can easily get an ADR or just walk up.

We ate there in early May. I had the coconut chicken and it was wonderful. The salad with it had pineapple and strawberries and it was sweet enough to take the place of dessert.

We tried Kona for breakfast for the first time last week. It was great! Love that Tonga Toast!

We LOVE Kona!!! :love: My husband loves the Kona Chowder! YUM YUM !!! WE ate there 3 times last week. I will post reviews soon with pics. Just thinking about it makes me hungry. !!!!!!! This is a hidden gem.

Don't tell the Le Cellier people, but I would rather eat steak at the Kona, I thought it was excellent.

This is one of our ADR's in August. I can't wait! I know that the little one will not ake it thru an entire day at the MK because she really can' tolerate the heat for an exended period of time, so I think it will be a nice to have a good dinner after relaxing by the pool, then back to the MK for Spectro and Wishes.

We ate there last summer and were treated to a special dessert by the pastry chef - KoKo Puffs!

I know they're not on the menu anymore, but maybe if you ask you can get an order.

IMG_1645.jpg

always a stop for breakfast, but....PLEASE, bring back the Koko Puffs! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We ate there on our first night at the Poly in April. We all loved it. Great food, nice atmosphere. DIL even thought this was a great suggestion by Nana. That made me happy.
I can't wait to take DH and DS on our next trip. I just hope the word doesn't get out and it doesn't get too busy. :rotfl:

Hate to burst your bubble but as I was making my ADR's for our July trip(and Kona was on there twice) The CM said that Kona has become THE popular restaurant all of a sudden. He said they are getting more and more booked these days when in the past it was always walk up.
We LOVE Kona! Mahi Mahi for me and Steak Terryaki for DH and the kids are happy with anything as long as they get that Kiddie Kone!

We went - I think its a great value, but that the food isn't exceptional - good for the price. It reminds me of Le Cellier - a restaurant where you can get dishes with "signature dining ambitions" for a table service price. But I don't think either restaurant manages to pull off its ambitions and if your expectations are such, it can be disappointing.

We had our first visit this week, and I think it might have been the best meal of our trip! I had the duck pot stickers, filet and macadamia nut tart for dessert. It was all sooooo good! My Dh had the chowder, mahi mahi and banana creme brulee. If only the creme was a different flavor, I would have had it too- but I was really please with what I ordered. I think we'll definitely go back here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter