Kids Staying in Grandparents Room - Need Help

Mpederson

Earning My Ears
Help! I am so confused! I have a family of 6, so two of my children are under my in-laws reservation, and two are under my my husband and I's. We have connecting stateroom I believe (we reserved through a TA so I am assuming they are already linked, but I will check). My questions that I hope you can help with are:

1. Is there a way to get my kids tips and stuff onto my credit card instead of my father-in-laws?

2. Do we need to board together (do my two kids need to board with their grandparents or can they board with us)?

3. Someone told me that I will need to fill out paperwork that says they can leave the ship with us and not their grandparents. Is this true and is it something I need to do before or is once I get on the boat?

4. Anything else I need to know or tips about the kids staying under someone else reservations? When we booked it this way the TA made it sound like it wasn't a big deal and we could switch the kids around and they could take turns staying in the grandparents room, but as I am researching it, that doesnt seem to be the case. Thanks!!

Help! I am so confused! I have a family of 6, so two of my children are under my in-laws reservation, and two are under my my husband and I's. We have connecting stateroom I believe (we reserved through a TA so I am assuming they are already linked, but I will check). My questions that I hope you can help with are:

1. Is there a way to get my kids tips and stuff onto my credit card instead of my father-in-laws?

2. Do we need to board together (do my two kids need to board with their grandparents or can they board with us)?

3. Someone told me that I will need to fill out paperwork that says they can leave the ship with us and not their grandparents. Is this true and is it something I need to do before or is once I get on the boat?

4. Anything else I need to know or tips about the kids staying under someone else reservations? When we booked it this way the TA made it sound like it wasn't a big deal and we could switch the kids around and they could take turns staying in the grandparents room, but as I am researching it, that doesnt seem to be the case. Thanks!!

I can't answer all of your questions because I am not sure about the tips but I do know that they will be attached to the adults in the room they are registered in and there is a form you fill out for them to leave the ship with different people. Not really sure how that would work since they are your children, but we were given the form for my children to leave the ship with their grandparents if they wanted to. We didn't do it because we all left and came back together.
It doesn't really matter where they sleep - no one is coming to check where everyone is tucked in at night. They could take turns staying in the grandparents room.
They will also get a key to the world for that room - so therefore anything they would charge would charge to that room. So if it were me I would register the youngest two children to the grandparents room as they would be alot less likely to be out on their own doing something and decide to get a smoothe or something that costs money. Then perhaps you could just give your inlaws the money for the tips before you leave home. It is $12 per person per day - so you could figure out the exact amount and give it to them before you leave - then they could just put it on their room account to cover the tips - or when you got on the ship you could go put that amount in their room account to cover the tips.

From my experience 'bunking' with my grandchildren, I suggest that none of the issues you raise are a problem. Tips may be paid for anyone simply by requesting that they be placed on your account. Boarding is based on the time for port arrival you choose so I imagine both reservations have the same time, or can have if you haven't done it yet.

With linked reservations (which you should have) you need to authorize someone in the other room to take you child(children) off the ship- if you actually wish that. You may also control who is allowed to charge using the room key so there is no need to worry about being surprised with extra costs.

I managed all these things myself on Disney's site, but I can't imagine it making any difference doing it with a TA. Things to keep in mind for safety~ there is the possibility your rooms may have different muster locations and children must have the appropriate lifevests available in the room where they sleep but that needn't keep kids from trading rooms.

The kids will have a great time, so enjoy all the anticipation.

When you get your list of room charges it will break it down into who charged what. I'm not sure there's a way to keep their charges off the grandparents' credit card, but you will be able to figure out how much you owe them.

DCL has a form you must complete to allow an 18- child to disembark with others than their parent or guardian. However this form randomly states this and "an adult form another stateroom". As these two Will not be The same for The kids in The grandparents room I would suggest checking with DCL directly or with guest services at embarkation. It's a straight forward form that must be returned to guest services onboard. You can also complete The form in Advance and return it at check-in. Either way it's not a heavy procedure, so no worries.

You can select per person who is allowed to charge on The KTTW and who isn't on The standaard check-in form. This Way you can prevent The childrens staying with The grandparents from charging to that room. Tips can be paid at guest services, just talk to them once onboard and they Will arrange it exactly The Way you and your parents would like iT.
Enjoy your cruise!

Another way to handle gratuities is to buy a Disney Gift card in the amount of the gratuities and apply it to your the Grandparents account. This won't help with other room charges, but I believe that you can turn off charging priveledges for kids.

As a PP stated: You will be able to control where your child's on board charges are charged. Many people share staterooms who aren't in the same immediate family (friends cruising together, cousins, in laws) and you can dictate to what account each KTTW card gets charged. All this can be done on the website whether you have a TA or not.

For instance we had my niece in my MIL stateroom. We wanted her charges billed to her parents in another stateroom. This was easily managed on the DCL website once we registered online. I'm thinking it's after PIF date but correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, if you do not want your child charging anything then you can turn off that privilege online as well.

We just did this exact thing. Two of my children were registered in their grandmother's cabin. When you do the online check in, you select all of the people you want to be charged to your account.

As for #4, all of my kids ended up in my cabin because the snoring was too loud in the other cabin. We had connecting cabins, so they would just enter through the other cabin.

Photos are attached to the room they are regeristered too. So if parents are in another room and are not in the picture they will all go on GP room. Cannot combine rooms. Its done with facial reckonnican software. So the co who runs it Shutters Sucks. Tips are 12 dollars per day per person. So when you get on board just go to guest services and have them charge your credit card for that amount and put it on your GPs room.

My daughter may be sleeping with her gma and gpa. She will be registered on our account. Can she get a key to their room as well as to our room? Our room she can have charging privileges. They aren't connecting...

For instance we had my niece in my MIL stateroom. We wanted her charges billed to her parents in another stateroom. This was easily managed on the DCL website once we registered online. I'm thinking it's after PIF date but correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, if you do not want your child charging anything then you can turn off that privilege online as well.
This can be done in your online check-in window, which opens depending on your castaway club level. It's 75 days before cruising for first timers. You also must be PIF to perform this, even if your window opens before the PIF date.
You can select charging privileges per KTTW and thus per person. It's really easy once you see it.

When you do on-line check-in, register your room first and then the GP's room so that you can assign yourself as being responsible for the children and their charges. When you get done there is a form to fill out so that all the adults are allowed to take the kids off the ship. At the port on arrival day, the children in the GP's room will need to check-in with the GP's in order to get their KTTW cards and photo taken but can board with you. After you arrive, go to shutters to have the kids linked to your photo package. You can add the full 2nd room for 50% off if the GP's want photos alone without someone in your family. You can get extra keys at guest services for the kids to get into your room if there isn't a connecting door. It doesn't matter where they sleep but it does matter what muster drill station they go to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter