Kidnap the Sandy Claws, lock him up real tight- Oct PTR pg. 234 8/25 up to date itin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the point? Thought I would post the points for my options:

The 1 br at SSR will cost 133 and a 2 br cost 176 for the first 5 nights, Dec 12- 17. Is 43 points worth the extra bedroom and bathroom? Magic 8 ball says ::yes:: but DH isn't sure. He isn't quite the hotel snob I have turned into. :rotfl2: Conserve he says! I am figuring these amounts assuming we’ll do a 1 br at SSR the first 5 nights.

• 5 nights SSR / 5 nights THV = 312 :faint: But I so want to stay at the THV. SSR/THV is truly a win-win for us. DH gets his beloved SSR and I get my THV.

• 5 nights SSR / 5 nights, 1 br BWV = 249 standard view and 283 BW view

• 10 nights SSR, all 1 br = 272

• 5 nights SSR / 5 nights AKV, 1 br = 245 Value view and 291 Savannah view

• 5 nights SSR / 5 nights BCV = 253 after Keith’s portion and this will be a 2 br at the BCV

If we decide on a 2 bedroom for the first 5 nights at SSR then how we could we possibly move *down* to a 1 bedroom? So not only would we add 43 points to the first 5 nights but then the additional amount for the 2 bedroom during the last 5 nights. I think I need to add on! :teeth:

Now if our other friend's decide to join us/overlap, we may do a GV the last 5 nights but at this point, that's an embryonic thought. :rotfl:

Well the Keith BCV thing seems to be a wildcard and a big determining factor. Personally I would totally rule out the SSR 1b for all 10. 10 nights of folding up the same couch would make me crabby.

If you do THV you won't need the 5 night of the 2b since that is a 3 b and sleeping nirvana in my book but you won't get a different resort area experience which is the only drawback to it from my perspective. My last favorite, next to the all 10 at SSR is the SSR/AKV option. Not that I don't like AKV, I do, but SSR (to me) is a bit far away from a lot of the action and so is AKV. The Epcot resorts offer a different experience in that area so from a split stay perspective, is more appealing to me.

I completely agree - when it's my DH and I we usually do the studio thing. Our vacations together are VERY laid back, pretty quiet and we don't take the sofa bed out. I am just a neat freak so I feel like stuff gets cluttered too quickly. But anywho, when me and my DBFF went to HHI - we used the sofa bed and what a pain in butt! Making that thing up everyday was annoying. Go for it...another bathroom, another bedroom, assemblance of order and peace of mind...worth way more than 43 points or....ONLY 8.6 points per day!!

I bet you unpack too? I totally unpack. Our tradition is for DH to take the kids down to the pool while I unpack and organize. :cloud9: I prefer to be as comfortable on vacation as I am at home minus the stress of daily life. And when you break it down to only 8.6 points a day, that's a screamin' deal!

:thumbsup2 on the TJ margarita.

IMG_5016.jpg

I knew I liked you!

Well the Keith BCV thing seems to be a wildcard and a big determining factor. Personally I would totally rule out the SSR 1b for all 10. 10 nights of folding up the same couch would make me crabby.

If you do THV you won't need the 5 night of the 2b since that is a 3 b and sleeping nirvana in my book but you won't get a different resort area experience which is the only drawback to it from my perspective. My last favorite, next to the all 10 at SSR is the SSR/AKV option. Not that I don't like AKV, I do, but SSR (to me) is a bit far away from a lot of the action and so is AKV. The Epcot resorts offer a different experience in that area so from a split stay perspective, is more appealing to me.

Unfolding and folding does make me crabby. Keith says he won't know until December which is so not okay in my Type A book. He knows this too and torments me for sure. Good insights on getting different resort experiences. :idea: I hadn't thought of that at all. DH is not wanting to do the BCV per say and is leaning more towards the BWV if we *have* to move from SSR. I agree that AKV is far too. We stayed there and while it's a gorgeous resort with a cool pool it's not convenient at all. We won't have a car which is another concern, or so I have read, with the THV. I just love everything about the THV and I haven't even stayed there.

Is he an amateur or what?

I bet you unpack too? I totally unpack. Our tradition is for DH to take the kids down to the pool while I unpack and organize. :cloud9: I prefer to be as comfortable on vacation as I am at home minus the stress of daily life. And when you break it down to only 8.6 points a day, that's a screamin' deal!

Totally unpack - arrange the bathroom with my stuff, hang up clothes, situate stuff! Disorder irritates my disorder :lmao: so I can't have that! I usually send my DH to purchase the refillable mug, get the lay of the land, do whatever while I situate us. I work faster alone so by the time he gets back, I'm ready to make my move to the park. He does give me a hard time and says it's just like being home with me constantly putting things away and organizing, but he loves that fact that he can always find stuff!

8.6 points per day....priceless!

Totally unpack - arrange the bathroom with my stuff, hang up clothes, situate stuff! Disorder irritates my disorder :lmao: so I can't have that! I usually send my DH to purchase the refillable mug, get the lay of the land, do whatever while I situate us. I work faster alone so by the time he gets back, I'm ready to make my move to the park. He does give me a hard time and says it's just like being home with me constantly putting things away and organizing, but he loves that fact that he can always find stuff!

8.6 points per day....priceless!

:laughing: I knew it! How did I get so blessed with so many of my own kind?! :yay: I need that time to grasp the situation so I can be spontaneous later.

Hold on to your hats and glasses, Happy Hour in Utah is illegal. :faint: Pray for me.

Illegal? Oh my goodness, not that I have a "problem" but I don't know if I'd make it there! I'm so praying for you and sending my sympathies. But on a positive note, it's beautiful and from what I'm told a wonderful place to raise a family...so at my next happy hour, I'll drink one for you!

:laughing: I knew it! How did I get so blessed with so many of my own kind?! :yay: I need that time to grasp the situation so I can be spontaneous later.

There is plenty of time for me to plan when I want to be spontaneous, right? I mean it's right there, in the itinerary...4pm check in, 4:30pm unpack, situate, organize, 5pm be spontaneous, 6pm spontaneous time over, where's my itinerary?:rotfl2:

Unfolding and folding does make me crabby. Keith says he won't know until December which is so not okay in my Type A book. He knows this too and torments me for sure. Good insights on getting different resort experiences. :idea: I hadn't thought of that at all. DH is not wanting to do the BCV per say and is leaning more towards the BWV if we *have* to move from SSR. I agree that AKV is far too. We stayed there and while it's a gorgeous resort with a cool pool it's not convenient at all. We won't have a car which is another concern, or so I have read, with the THV. I just love everything about the THV and I haven't even stayed there.

I would think no car would be a concern at AKV as well. As for THV I'm not sure it's all "that" different tranpo wise than SSR and given the ages of your kids...they can walk to the bus. LOL! given the time of year the pool isn't really that big of a deal anyways I'd think.

Dec is before your booking window though, right?

A THV/BWV combo is very likely for our 2012 trip....

In honor of yummy cocktails. Don't remember the name but had it at Boma and I still have the glow cube:

IMG_1208.jpg

::yes:: He loves his golf and December should be nice golf weather. He is also determined to get me into the spa and pull me away from the parks for an afternoon.

AWESOME! We had massages in HHI and I forgot how much I loved them! When your ready for HHI, I have a spa for you to try, great! That's so nice that he's trying to get you to relax and smell the roses! Yeah DH!

We liked the walk-up window too at TJ's. Quick quick. If I remember they make a decent margarita. That reminds me, the Uva Bar in DTD has the most insane garlic fries. Make sure you all eat them though. ;) Their Long Island's are yummo too.

I'm sooo there!!! Especially after seeing the picture of the margarita!

In honor of yummy cocktails. Don't remember the name but had it at Boma and I still have the glow cube:

IMG_1208.jpg

Ok, now I'm hungry and thirsty! It looks incredible. I love BOMA! It's one of my most favorite places to eat! The breakfast buffet is amazing and they have the best coffee in this french press...to die for! I actually ordered it when we were at AKV last year as room service and had them deliver the french press to my room!

picnic punch with and without the flash from PTC

WDW_090216_0217.jpg

WDW_090216_0216.jpg

I want that margarita though, right now!

Illegal? Oh my goodness, not that I have a "problem" but I don't know if I'd make it there! I'm so praying for you and sending my sympathies. But on a positive note, it's beautiful and from what I'm told a wonderful place to raise a family...so at my next happy hour, I'll drink one for you!

:laughing: Way to see the glass half full. :thumbsup2 Or both glasses half full if you are allowed to celebrate Happy Hour!

There is plenty of time for me to plan when I want to be spontaneous, right? I mean it's right there, in the itinerary...4pm check in, 4:30pm unpack, situate, organize, 5pm be spontaneous, 6pm spontaneous time over, where's my itinerary?:rotfl2:

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I would think no car would be a concern at AKV as well. As for THV I'm not sure it's all "that" different tranpo wise than SSR and given the ages of your kids...they can walk to the bus. LOL! given the time of year the pool isn't really that big of a deal anyways I'd think.

Dec is before your booking window though, right?

A THV/BWV combo is very likely for our 2012 trip....

I can book January 2011 which seems right around the corner. :hyper: Have you stayed at BCV? Tell me, other than SAB, what is so awesome about them. Close to Epcot which is a huge plus for sure. Plus Beaches and Cream.....See, I think the BWV look amazing! The resort doesn't seem huge and those Boardwalk views are fabulous. I am a little iffy on the clown pool though. :scared:

What are your 2012 dates? So I know you haven't posted about them yet but I take it you enjoyed the THV?

AWESOME! We had massages in HHI and I forgot how much I loved them! When your ready for HHI, I have a spa for you to try, great! That's so nice that he's trying to get you to relax and smell the roses! Yeah DH!

I'm sooo there!!! Especially after seeing the picture of the margarita!

That is exactly what he is attempting to do. :thumbsup2 By the time we go the kids will be almost 15, 13, and 10. Wow, they could easily hang in the room while we did a couple's massage for an hour. :idea:

Ok, now I'm hungry and thirsty! It looks incredible. I love BOMA! It's one of my most favorite places to eat! The breakfast buffet is amazing and they have the best coffee in this french press...to die for! I actually ordered it when we were at AKV last year as room service and had them deliver the french press to my room!

I haven't been for breakfast but have read the coffee is terrific. I think Kona Cafe serves the same french press. DH loves his good coffee too.

picnic punch with and without the flash from PTC

WDW_090216_0217.jpg

WDW_090216_0216.jpg

I want that margarita though, right now!

::yes:: I will take any/all of the above. I will take them in Disney as well.

Just joining in! I am also planning a Dec 2011 trip so it makes me :banana: to see someone else planning so far in advance.

We just bought DVC, BWL is our home resort so that is where we wil be staying, hopefully in a 2br with a BW view. We stayed aththe Swan last year and that location can't be beat!! So I vote for BWV for part 2 of your pit stay.

Looking forward to hearing all of your plans!!

Just joining in! I am also planning a Dec 2011 trip so it makes me :banana: to see someone else planning so far in advance.

We just bought DVC, BWL is our home resort so that is where we wil be staying, hopefully in a 2br with a BW view. We stayed aththe Swan last year and that location can't be beat!! So I vote for BWV for part 2 of your pit stay.

Looking forward to hearing all of your plans!!

:welcome: I bet there are TONS of us Dec 2011 planners! December is my favorite time at Disney. I love the photos of the Swan; how was your stay there?

Congrats on your DVC purchase. Isn't it great? I love the BWV. BWV and GCV are on my add-on wish list. pixiedust:

Have you stayed there yet? Did you buy resale? I am thinking we'll have to go resale to get BWV. If so, how was the process?

The Swan was absolutely lovely!!! Not one complaint at all!! Dh was there a few years back for baseball Winter meetings and we fell in love with that area. So when we planned a trip last year, we knew where we would stay!

I am actually in the middle of closing on my DVC purchase, we bought resale through the Timeshare Store and they were fabulous! I had a zillion questions that they answered and they really walked me through the whole process. I would definitely suggest checking them out. And we got great deal on our resale, I can't wait to actually use it!

Dec 2011 can't come soon enough! We were supposed to go this Dec but will be busy with other things..a new baby in particular (I am due in Dec). So at least I have a really good reason to postpone my trip :lovestruc ANd now have plenty more time to gather more tips from everyone around here!

The Swan was absolutely lovely!!! Not one complaint at all!! Dh was there a few years back for baseball Winter meetings and we fell in love with that area. So when we planned a trip last year, we knew where we would stay!

I am actually in the middle of closing on my DVC purchase, we bought resale through the Timeshare Store and they were fabulous! I had a zillion questions that they answered and they really walked me through the whole process. I would definitely suggest checking them out. And we got great deal on our resale, I can't wait to actually use it!

Dec 2011 can't come soon enough! We were supposed to go this Dec but will be busy with other things..a new baby in particular (I am due in Dec). So at least I have a really good reason to postpone my trip :lovestruc ANd now have plenty more time to gather more tips from everyone around here!

:goodvibes Awww congrats on being pregnant! That is so exciting! That's the best reason ever to postpone a trip. Dec 2011 will be nice and hopefully the baby will be all acclimated to his/her surroundings.

BWV are very high on my split stay list. I have poured over threads with holiday decorations and it looks so magical. pixiedust: I am truly having a rough time with the 2nd half decision. Silly, I know in the scheme of life. :blush:

Good to know about the Timeshare Store. I think I am going to sign up for their emails in case a smokin' deal comes up. DH knows I have been looking. How long has the process taken?

:stitch2: 469 days!!! :stitch2:

This is at Typhoon Lagoon in WDW!

IMG_1234.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter