Kidnap the Sandy Claws, lock him up real tight- Oct PTR pg. 234 8/25 up to date itin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy how the crowds change. :upsidedow I love the when the crowds are minimal. It's funny- when we went during free dining in Sept 2007 the restaurants were packed but the parks weren't. :confused3

What is the weather like in Sept.? I've thought about going then, but don't know if I would be able to stand the heat. Last May was hard enough, I don't think it's normally like it was last May though. Good heavens! Think about what June will be like during Peeps Fest! :eek:

Love the photo of Chloe at Epcot.

:thumbsup2

My kids will be 16 and 7 so naps are only an issue for my husband.. :).

:lmao: Naps are only an issue for my husband. :rotfl:

:donald: 474 days!!! :donald:

Only the best ride ever! :cloud9:
bestrideever.jpg

You Too! I love this ride, my DH and I think this is an absolute must every time we're in the park, of course the kid's think we're nuts. Eh! What are you gonna do. I do have to say.....the one in DL is waaaay better than the one in MK, same with POTC and the Tea Cups. I'm just sayin. :goodvibes

What is the weather like in Sept.? I've thought about going then, but don't know if I would be able to stand the heat. Last May was hard enough, I don't think it's normally like it was last May though. Good heavens! Think about what June will be like during Peeps Fest! :eek:

May 2009? We were there in May 2009 and I thought it was very hot, hotter than I expected it to be but the humidity in Sept is gnarly. The good thing about Sept were the daily brief rain storms that came in. They cooled things down and emptied out the parks. :thumbsup2 What's the date of Peep Fest?

:lmao: Naps are only an issue for my husband. :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

You Too! I love this ride, my DH and I think this is an absolute must every time we're in the park, of course the kid's think we're nuts. Eh! What are you gonna do. I do have to say.....the one in DL is waaaay better than the one in MK, same with POTC and the Tea Cups. I'm just sayin. :goodvibes

::yes:: ITA! Disneyland's Tiki Room is superior as well as is Space. WDW's Splash though kicks booty over DL's. DL also has Alice and Toad and the Matterhorn but WDW has CoP and the Country Bears. I love those un-PC furry creatures. :laughing:

Oh my gosh, how did I miss this? Ok, subscribing and going back to get caught up! So excited for your report, fun stuff!

Oh my gosh, how did I miss this? Ok, subscribing and going back to get caught up! So excited for your report, fun stuff!

:laughing: I have been wondering where the heck you have been? :welcome: You were part of the reason I started this thing so stinkin' early! Only the brave can appreciate a trip report this far out. It's not for the committment phobes. :lmao:

:laughing: I have been wondering where the heck you have been? :welcome: You were part of the reason, I started this thing so stinkin' early! Only the brave can appreciate a trip report this far out. It's not for the committment phobes. :lmao:

I'm so sorry! It's been so crazy but I did just get back from a few days at HHI and I have to say I loved it! It was a great resort, I have never been so relaxed in my life! Amazing! I definitely need to relook at my plans and see when I can get a week there!

I'm so glad you started it! I'm here and I'm committed! Ready for some great times while we count down to your big trip! Can't wait! So, I was reviewing your itinerary, and I love the 1 day off plan. I think that will be a nice resting time since your there for a bit (you couldn't pull that off on a week trip). Here's my vot for a split stay of 5 - SSR and 5 - BCV.

I'm starting my countdown - 35 days - GCV!!!!!!! :dance3:

I'm so sorry! It's been so crazy but I did just get back from a few days at HHI and I have to say I loved it! It was a great resort, I have never been so relaxed in my life! Amazing! I definitely need to relook at my plans and see when I can get a week there!

I'm so glad you started it! I'm here and I'm committed! Ready for some great times while we count down to your big trip! Can't wait! So, I was reviewing your itinerary, and I love the 1 day off plan. I think that will be a nice resting time since your there for a bit (you couldn't pull that off on a week trip). Here's my vot for a split stay of 5 - SSR and 5 - BCV.

I'm starting my countdown - 35 days - GCV!!!!!!! :dance3:

How was HHI? Everything I read about it is amazing! Any photos to share?

Have you stayed at the GCV? They are fantastic!!!! :thumbsup2 Seriously, out of the 3 DVC we have stayed at we like GCV the best. OKW is 2nd and AKV is 3rd. But really, they all rock! :woohoo:

I like your choice for split. If our friend comes, he owns BCV so we'll be able to get in at the 11 mo mark. Might be hard at the 7 mo but we can always wait list.

May 2009? We were there in May 2009 and I thought it was very hot, hotter than I expected it to be but the humidity in Sept is gnarly. The good thing about Sept were the daily brief rain storms that came in. They cooled things down and emptied out the parks. :thumbsup2 What's the date of Peep Fest?

No actually May of this year! And it also was hotter than I expected it to be.
I want to say June 9th 2012 is the start of Peep Fest, I'll have to go back and look at the dates again so I'm not telling you wrong. It's the trip Jordy's trying to put together, but I think you already knew that. Right?

::yes:: ITA! Disneyland's Tiki Room is superior as well as is Space. WDW's Splash though kicks booty over DL's. DL also has Alice and Toad and the Matterhorn but WDW has CoP and the Country Bears. I love those un-PC furry creatures. :laughing:

No flames, I've never been in the Tiki Room until this last trip! :duck: Can you believe that?!? :laughing: Haven't been on CoP either. :sad1: It was one of the few things I didn't get to do this last trip, that and TSM at Hollywood Studios. I pretty much got to do everything else I wanted to do, but not those two.
In all the times I've been to DL and now WDW you would have thought I would have been at least once before this last trip. :sad2:
Since I got to see the Tiki room this last trip I think I'm good until we go back to DL. :laughing: Is it really that different?
It's been so long since we've been there that I can't remember snot about some of the rides, like I don't remember much about Splash or Haunted Mansion. Mackenzie (my daughter) will be glad to hear that Splash is better at WDW since it's her most favorite of all the rides.... I think we did it like 9 times this last trip. :laughing: All I remember about Splash in DL was you had to sit in a log straddling the person in front of you. :rolleyes: And I remember Uncle Remus being seen at first but then later only a shadow on the wall in a rocking chair and you could hear him, this may have changed by now, I don't know if this was the case at WDW too.
I just know they took him out all together at WDW. :sad2: That movie was one of my favorites when I was a child, or at least the record was. For my fourth birthday I received a record player and this was one of the records I got as a gift to go with it. :laughing:
Song of the South! :goodvibes

Now I have to go back to DL just so I can remember the differences! :rotfl:

No flames, I've never been in the Tiki Room until this last trip! :duck: Can you believe that?!? :laughing: Haven't been on CoP either. :sad1: It was one of the few things I didn't get to do this last trip, that and TSM at Hollywood Studios. I pretty much got to do everything else I wanted to do, but not those two.
In all the times I've been to DL and now WDW you would have thought I would have been at least once before this last trip. :sad2:
Since I got to see the Tiki room this last trip I think I'm good until we go back to DL. :laughing: Is it really that different?
It's been so long since we've been there that I can't remember snot about some of the rides, like I don't remember much about Splash or Haunted Mansion. Mackenzie (my daughter) will be glad to hear that Splash is better at WDW since it's her most favorite of all the rides.... I think we did it like 9 times this last trip. :laughing: All I remember about Splash in DL was you had to sit in a log straddling the person in front of you. :rolleyes: And I remember Uncle Remus being seen at first but then later only a shadow on the wall in a rocking chair and you could hear him, this may have changed by now, I don't know if this was the case at WDW too.
I just know they took him out all together at WDW. :sad2: That movie was one of my favorites when I was a child, or at least the record was. For my fourth birthday I received a record player and this was one of the records I got as a gift to go with it. :laughing:
Song of the South! :goodvibes

Now I have to go back to DL just so I can remember the differences! :rotfl:

I refuse to go into WDW's Tiki Room. :snooty: :rotfl2: I am a purist. ;) Disneyland's is old school with Walt's spirit. WDW's is lame with Gilbert Godfrey. :scared:

CoP is beyond old school and totally Walt too :teeth: You have to try TSMM next time. It's super fun. They have a game for the Wii that's pretty entertaining too.

I am :rotfl2:

Sun Wheel of Death.

Joining in for the ride!

:welcome: I am reading your report too. Love your title and your family is beautiful. I like traveling in big groups- it's a lot of work but really fun too :thumbsup2

It is the sunwheel of death! I feel the need to increase my life insurance policy before attempting the swinging cars. :scared1: :laughing:

This photo is from the Alice ride at Disneyland. I just love the smarmy smiling cat!

10.jpg

:ccat: 472 days!!! :ccat:

:welcome: I am reading your report too. Love your title and your family is beautiful. I like traveling in big groups- it's a lot of work but really fun too :thumbsup2

It is the sunwheel of death! I feel the need to increase my life insurance policy before attempting the swinging cars. :scared1: :laughing:

love the cat pic. Yeah, DS9 definitely thought it was the Sunwheel of death and I confess (though none of them know this) it wasn't my fav. Some great views though!

I like big groups although wouldn't mind a smaller trip less time but I don't see it happening. If anything it will be larger.

:rotfl2:

Speaking of waitlist, DH agreed to shooting down to So Cal after Vegas, we'll be there for Gab's soccer tourney over Thanksgiving, so I just waitlisted a 2 bedroom at the GCV. They had one available for the first and third nights but not the second. I am too afraid to book those and waitlist the middle night because if it doesn't come through I will have to use the points by Nov 30 of this year or move each night which I refuse to do. Wish me luck! pixiedust:

is that the San Diego one? K's team did it last year.

Oh the places you’ll go……..where should we stay and in what size villa? Our home resort is SSR, we bought in May 2009, and haven’t been back to WDW since then. Here is a picture of the DVC sign taken after we bought. It still makes me all warm inside.

IMG_1497.jpg

For more on SSR follow this link.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466719

Because we own DVC, we’ll never have to make these faces again because we know we’ll be back!

IMG_1488.jpg

We will be staying at SSR for at least 5 of the nights. My head is spinning with the different options with regard to DVC. Not only am I trying to decide between a one bedroom and two bedroom but also about the remaining 5 nights. I might be bald by the end of this from pulling my hair out. Currently, I am trying to decide between:

• 5 nights SSR/ 5 nights THV (me, Chloe, and Joshua’s choice)
• 5 nights SSR/ 5 night BWV (my choice)
• 10 nights SSR (DH’s choice)
• 5 nights SSR/ 5 nights AKV (Gabby’s choice)
• 5 nights SSR/ 5 nights BCV (Keith’s choice) I will introduce him later. He is a family friend and owns at BCV and may be joining us for a few nights. He hates SSR and is a BCV snob. Whatev! :snooty: Our other friends' trip will overlap and not sure what they are thinking as far as where they'll stay or their dates. They own DVC too and we love to travel with them. :grouphug:

There are SO many things I love about all of the DVC options.

Although the VWL are all decked out during the holidays, they remind me of the GCV a bit and I want a different vibe. Our friends stayed there and we went to visit. I like the lobby best of all. The room colors are a little odd to me. We have stayed in Jambo at the AKV and it was unreal but I think we should try somewhere new. BLT was in the running but I just cannot get into the décor. I have tried. Plus having to look over the parking lot to have an MK view will bug me bad! The proximity cannot be beat however I just cannot justify the points. The BWV looks super and is my second choice for the split. The Boardwalk looks fun, it’s close to Epcot, and the points are inexpensive compared to BLT etc…. Chloe and Joshua want the THV as do I. THV/SSR makes the most sense as it’s our home. We could do the first 5 nights in a one bedroom and then move to the THV villas, enabling us to do the DDP and have different resort experiences. We have stayed at the OKW and while we loved it, I would like to branch out. Treehouses, get it? Branch out? :lmao: BVC looks neat but I would choose there mostly during the summer for SAB.

Any thoughts? Nothing is solid except the first 5 nights will be at the SSR. :upsidedow

Can you do 5 in a 1 br? I didn't realize that. We are always 6 so it's never an option. I LOVE the layout of the THV for sleeping and privacy however if you aren't a woodsy/camping person you may not like it. My vote would either be THV or BWV. BWV over BC as I think it's less points and at that time of year you wouldn't get the full benefit of SAB. As much as I think that clown is creepy, BWV is on my list of contracts to keep an eye on once we are ready to buy. You can't beat the location!

love the cat pic. Yeah, DS9 definitely thought it was the Sunwheel of death and I confess (though none of them know this) it wasn't my fav. Some great views though!

I like big groups although wouldn't mind a smaller trip less time but I don't see it happening. If anything it will be larger.

The view was terrific. We shared our cage with a couple who took like a gazillion photos and most were of the water and WoC mechanics. :confused3

More people? :faint: The biggest we have done was 15. Once we realized it was okay to split up and meet back, it took all the pressure off. :thumbsup2

The view was terrific. We shared our cage with a couple who took like a gazillion photos and most were of the water and WoC mechanics. :confused3

More people? :faint: The biggest we have done was 15. Once we realized it was okay to split up and meet back, it took all the pressure off. :thumbsup2

we had 20 in 2004

But went into it with the split up mind set so it worked out great.

is that the San Diego one? K's team did it last year.

The Turkey Shoot, this one, is in Las Vegas. San Diego would be much better. My guess is that all leagues call their tourneys Turkey Something around Thanksgiving. :laughing:

Can you do 5 in a 1 br? I didn't realize that. We are always 6 so it's never an option. I LOVE the layout of the THV for sleeping and privacy however if you aren't a woodsy/camping person you may not like it. My vote would either be THV or BWV. BWV over BC as I think it's less points and at that time of year you wouldn't get the full benefit of SAB. As much as I think that clown is creepy, BWV is on my list of contracts to keep an eye on once we are ready to buy. You can't beat the location!

:thumbsup2 You can fit 5 in a one bedroom but they won't supply extra bedding. I am wrestling with not having a common non-sleeping area though and leaning towards a 2 bedroom but the points are spendy. Currently, I am thinking of doing a 1 bedroom at SSR and the moving to the THV. SSR is our home and it is the best of both worlds for us because DH loves the golf and location and honestly, I think the THV are about the neatest thing ever and love the spa. I love that Walt originally designed the THVs. You stayed in them, yes? How did you like them? Any tips? The Turf Club in on our must-try list too. Have you been there? Any good? How's the SSR CS option?

BCV look great too but depending on the weather we might not get to use SAB a ton. We live in Utah so my wacky kids will swim in the ocean in December so I am thinking a heated pool will be heavenly for them.

BWV is on my add-on list too. The location is amazing and for this December trip I am planning, the holiday decor looks cool too.

we had 20 in 2004

But went into it with the split up mind set so it worked out great.

Did you plan the trip for all 20? Knowing you'd split was smart. I swear it didn't occur to me until the first day when all the kids had different ideas of what they wanted to do.

I am here.Sorry I have been MIA. Life has been busy lately and then we were all under the weather. I am back now though.:flower3:

:goodvibes :hug: Hope everyone and everything is ok. I am glad you are here.

Everything is good. I was sick then Lexi was sick and then Jon was sick. He wasn't as sick as the 2 of us were but you would have thought he was dying. :)
We are all well now and I can go back to dissing. I am glad to be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter