Keys to the Kingdom Tour

We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour last November and loved every second of it. We had an 8:30 AM tour time so we were able to enter the park before it opened and got some amazing pictures of an empty Main Street and Castle. Here is a little overview of our experience:

We got up extra early so that we would be at MK well before our scheduled departure time. Once we got to MK we went off to the right to see a very nice lady with a clip board who asked us for our tour information and names. We then got to enter MK before park opening and immediately went to the Guest Relations Lobby in City Hall. They asked us our names and what we would like to eat at lunch. Then we got our audio packs, name tags and were told to meet our guide just around the corner in a few minutes.

Before we met our guide we were able to stand at the beginning of Main Street and get some amazing pictures of the Castle without all the crowds. Then we met up with our group (about 12 in all) and our tour guide (I can't remember her name but she was great!). She gave us an overview of what we would be doing, showed us how to use the audio packs and began our tour at the flag pole. While there, we got to listen to some interesting facts about Main Street and see the cast members walk the crowds in after rope drop.

I don't want to give too much away about what we did and saw but we began at the flag pole, then on to Adventure land and rode JC, then to Frontier Land and a little backstage action, some lunch, rode HM, then to the utilidors and back on Main Street. It was such a fun time.

I highly recommend wearing comfortable shoes, sunscreen and possibly even a hat as we were walking a lot in the sun. There are however, plenty of bathroom breaks and stops to rest as well.

Let me know if there is anything specific you have questions on!

Enjoy!

Did the tour about 18 months ago and had a wonderful time. A lot depends on the CM doing the tour as I have had some great CM's and some lame CM's on the various tours I have done. Be prepared for a long 5 hours and with it getting hotter, wear light clothes and bring water. You will go and see places you can't see as a regular guest like out beyond Splash Mtn where the parades are kept and the "underworld" so I definitely found it informative and they feed you lunch which is a great break during the long tour.

My experience was the same as above. Met at 8:30am at City Hall, did alot of walking, learned alot of stuff I never knew about Disney, had plenty of bathroom breaks, had lunch, rode Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion, toured a very small section of the utilidors, and finished up at the front entrance of the Emporium around 1:30pm.

Very much worth it. I am planning on doing it again this coming November.

Anyone know how/if I can get a confirmation email or something? I booked it for DS (18) and friend and I have a reservation number, but no email or other to "prove" we did pay for this. Just wanting to be organized in case DS and friend aren't on the magic list - I won't be with them...

I think it was 4 or 5 years ago when I did this tour and loved it. At the time they must have said to leave cameras at home because I didn't get any pictures even in public areas (like the empty Main Street). I'm glad to hear that's been amended. I left the kids with my husband and enjoyed a wonderful morning to myself! I do wish the minimum age were a bit younger, though, because I'd like to bring my kids sooner. It's definitely not for young kids, but it would be a good way to keep 14-year-olds engaged in Disney Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter