• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just when I thought covid testing was over…

Status
Not open for further replies.
that the vaccination rules only apply to cruises to 11/16/23 and that they will advise on cruises after that date - which is still under review. This leaves such a tight time frame, and there are the cruises to NZ in that time so international flights involved. I think the cruise leaves NZ on the 4th December to head back to Australia.

What they should have done is had the blanket rule like the other cruiselines THEN IF the protocols changed adjust from there. The way they've done it means they aren't clear enough with the protocols which is part of the conditions.

To be fair they needed to be clear at time of booking which they weren't so people can argue they didn't meet their obligations, it doesn't help for those with non refundable airfares though.
It does sound like Disney dropped the ball.

I would cancel. It wouldn't be worth the headache. I'm so over all that nonsense. Anyway, I hope it works out for you whatever you decide.
I would cancel as well. I did one cruise with the test before hand. And while it was a happy ending, we cruised, we had an amazing time- never again. I was a trainwreck, and that was flying from Ma. to Miami. I can not see myself doing that to fly to Australia and then test to get on the ship. My trip is 18 months out. We shall see...

We had to test for a couple of cruises last year, and chose to test before we left home in addition to testing again within the time requirements. It was a bit wasteful, but it helped knowing we were probably fine before actually getting on the long flights! I'd do it again if I had to; those two trips were worth it, even if I DID finally catch covid in Florida right after the second cruise. That actually reminds me we just passed my one year covid-ersary on 7/22... time flies!

We're on the Sydney to Honolulu trip in March. It gives me pause because we leave home more than a week before we cruise - with plenty of time to "catch it", in transit. it would be horrible to be denied boarding in Sydney and have to buy another expensive airfare back to Hawaii in order to get home.

We're on the Sydney to Honolulu trip in March. It gives me pause because we leave home more than a week before we cruise - with plenty of time to "catch it", in transit. it would be horrible to be denied boarding in Sydney and have to buy another expensive airfare back to Hawaii in order to get home.
We are on that one also. It definitely adds stress.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed they've dropped the requirements for then. Good Luck.

so behind the times australia needs to get with it...lose alot of tourism ..they need to live with it like everyone else its a part of our lives
It's only cruising that it affects and that is because the rules for cruising are run by the State Health Departments. They were reviewed in March and they decided to keep things the same going into Winter.

It will be up for review again (I've heard 2 different dates - August and December but nothing to confirm either).

Australia Government lifted their requirements (which are different from the States ones that are in play) June 7th.

so behind the times australia needs to get with it...lose alot of tourism ..they need to live with it like everyone else its a part of our lives
This is not correct. Outside of these cruise requirements, I am hard pressed to think of any other covid protocol now. Heck, I see more people masking in Orlando than I do here!

Or they could be ahead of the latest spike. But that's not important, what is important is for cruising, I think protocols will be possible for many years to come.

People come to Orlando from all over the globe and are free to mask or not mask, but masks have never been mandated by the Florida Government.
No, but they were mandated by many local and county governments and by many businesses. Orange County and Osceola County both had mask mandates, as did Disney World. Disney cruises also had mask mandates.

Anyway, that doesn't matter anymore. Australia will remove its mandates when the Australian authorities think it's safe to do so. There's nothing that any of us can do about it.

Or they could be ahead of the latest spike. But that's not important, what is important is for cruising, I think protocols will be possible for many years to come.
Apparently, Australia is the last man standing when it comes to protocols.

No, but they were mandated by many local and county governments and by many businesses. Orange County and Osceola County both had mask mandates, as did Disney World. Disney cruises also had mask mandates.

Anyway, that doesn't matter anymore. Australia will remove its mandates when the Australian authorities think it's safe to do so. There's nothing that any of us can do about it.
That's not what I said. I said it was never mandated by the Florida Government. :confused3 I believe in 2021 counties and and local governments were not allowed have mask mandates.
You left out the third largest nation in the world, China.
Like anybody cares. LOL

That's not what I said. I said it was never mandated by the Florida Government. :confused3 I believe in 2021 counties and and local governments were not allowed have mask mandates.

Like anybody cares. LOL
HUGE tourist market.

I guess it depends on what you want them to be an example of. There are good and bad examples everyone can decide for themselves.
For purposes of cruise passengers, good or bad isn't the issue. The issue is there are still places in the world that could require a test.
And it may be a possibility for decades. Look at norovirus. Huge outbreaks in 2002/03, and guess what's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter