Just Saved over $400 using Disney gift cards purchased at Target!

Real quick I cannot remember do the Target Disney cards expire? We aren't going for awhile and want to start stockpiling ;) one more prescription and I will get a 5% along with the 5% Target card. Thanks :)

louey said:
Real quick I cannot remember do the Target Disney cards expire? We aren't going for awhile and want to start stockpiling ;) one more prescription and I will get a 5% along with the 5% Target card. Thanks :)

They do not expire.

This is awesome information. Going to transfer my prescriptions to Target so I can start saving for my trip next year. Thanks so much for sharing!

Just wanted to add that it's ok to buy tickets as long as you're purchasing them from Disney or the Disney Store (If the D.
Store even sells them anymore) - but not if you're purchasing them thru a third party like Undercover Tourist, or something like that.

Disneystore sells passes, but there is some sort of temporary issue with kids passes right now, so we are only selling adult. This was as of last night. Could change any day back to selling kids passes too, computer glitch.

Hi wondering if anyone knows if sign up for target debit card will I immediately get the 5% discount so I can buy gift cards or no?
Thanks!

2) If you or your spouse is employed by the Federal Government, and your insurance is under the Federal Employee Plan, you cannot use the pharmacy rewards. Under Federal law, pharmacies cannot give special rewards to people using federal insurance. At first, everyone thought this was Medicare. But the way the law is written, it means all Federal insurance. Several years ago, Walgreens had to pay a multi-million dollar fine for giving gift certificates to FEP holders who moved their insurance to Walgreens.

Same rule applies to other widely-known federally-funded pharmacy benefit programs such as Tricare (U.S. military)...

Hi wondering if anyone knows if sign up for target debit card will I immediately get the 5% discount so I can buy gift cards or no?
Thanks!

Yes, but you will initially have a low spending limit, as the Team Member will give you a special bar-coded cash register receipt, which will serve as your temporary card (until your permanent plastic card arrives in the mail).

Sorry to hijack thread BUT if you have a chase freedrom reward card AND live in western PA, get your gift cards a the GET GO gas station (not giant eagle) and you will be 17% off a 100.00 gift card (double fuel perks and bonus 5% off gas purhases). So a 100 gift card costs 83 at the end of the day.

Thanks for target pharmacy info! I had to idea!

Random fyi, but if you have the debit only Red Card and it connects to Wells Fargo, you can only use it twice a day before it gets blocked for purchases until the next day. This may be the case for other banks as well, but I only know one other person with a Red Card and we both have WF.

Question for those of you that are using the $50 gift cards from Target to buy park tickets . . .

Are you using these at the gate? I seem to remember trying to buy tickets online a few years back, but the online system couldn't handle all the gift cards. Any issues using so many gift cards at the gate?

Thanks!

Jodie

I just wanted to mention one thing:

Check the hours of your Target pharmacy before transferring any prescriptions there. I neglected to and discovered that my Target pharmacy is closed at the times I shop there.

So I ended up transferring my prescriptions back to my original pharmacy since that was a big deal to me.

Do most people use the credit or debit card? I have both but I want to use the one that will give me less problems.

Are you using these at the gate? I seem to remember trying to buy tickets online a few years back, but the online system couldn't handle all the gift cards. Any issues using so many gift cards at the gate?

Online won't take GC at all! I bought tickets for the Christmas party over the phone. I'm DVC so there's a discount to purchasing in advance. Unfortunately, there was a limit of 2 forms of payment. I had to buy each ticket separately using 2 GC.

I've heard that you can call the ticketing office and use GC, but I've never tried. People have also used multiple GC to purchase at the gate or other guest services locations with no problems.

Question for those of you that are using the $50 gift cards from Target to buy park tickets . . .

Thanks!

Jodie

There is no issue with using lots of gcs at the gate to buy tix. The most I've ever done was just over $2k in mostly $50gcs. It took a while but it was fine.

There is no issue with using lots of gcs at the gate to buy tix. The most I've ever done was just over $2k in mostly $50gcs. It took a while but it was fine.

Good - thanks - makes me feel better.

Also, thought I would post this here as well as over on the cruise boards. This is my new strategy that combines the Kroger fuel points discount (which works out to 14% if you get the max 35 gallons on fill-ups) and the Target 5% pharmacy coupon. Just did this on Monday . . .

Bought loadable Target cards @ Kroger for a total of $2,137.50. The 4x fuel points savings on this amount will be 14%, or $299.

Then I took the Target gift cards to Target and purchased $2,250 in Disney gift cards using my 5% pharmacy rewards coupon. The savings there was $112.50 (diff between $2,250 and $2,137.50 I paid).

Savings of $299 + 112.50 = $411.50. $411.50 divided by my purchase price of $2,137.50 = 19.25% off. Add another percentage point if you use a credit card that gives 1% cash back on the initial Kroger purchase. Huge discount!

Its also worth noting that the AMEX Blue card gives 6% back at grocery stores(plus 3% back on gas), up to $6,000 in yearly grocery purchases. Buying gift cards at Kroger would get you the 6% back. I don't factor this into my savings because sadly, I can rack up $6,000 in grocery purchases without the gift cards. Its a nice credit card though with great perks (and a good initial promo offer). There is an annual fee, but the cash back more than makes up for it.

Happy savings!

Jodie

Savings of $299 + 112.50 = $411.50. $411.50 divided by my purchase price of $2,137.50 = 19.25% off. Add another percentage point if you use a credit card that gives 1% cash back on the initial Kroger purchase. Huge discount!

Wow! Awesome deal! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter