Just Saved over $400 using Disney gift cards purchased at Target!

Wow! I thought I knew everything there is to know about Target (since I'm there so much), but I didn't know you could use Target GC to buy Disney GC! That's awesome! But, unless you use your Red Card, you're missing out on the 5% they offer. Well, if you've been given Target GCs as a gift then using your 5% pharmacy rewards would be worth it :-). Fun thread!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Wow! I thought I knew everything there is to know about Target (since I'm there so much), but I didn't know you could use Target GC to buy Disney GC! That's awesome! But, unless you use your Red Card, you're missing out on the 5% they offer. Well, if you've been given Target GCs as a gift then using your 5% pharmacy rewards would be worth it :-). Fun thread!

Yes - you don't get the Target 5% Redcard discount, but you get the Kroger 14% instead, so its a much greater discount. Of course, you have to know how many times you'll likely fill-up before your fuel points expire. Otherwise, you lose points.

Jodie

Bought loadable Target cards @ Kroger for a total of $2,137.50. The 4x fuel points savings on this amount will be 14%, or $299.

I'm new to the Kroger fuel points now that we've relocated to Atlanta. The way I understand it is, it's 1000 points for $1.00 off a gallon, up to a maximum of 35 gallons. So in this scenario, you've earned enough points to get about 8.5 fill-ups with the big $1.00 off each time discount.

However, my car doesn't take 35 gallons, it takes about 14 if I run it to the E (Sonata Hybrid). Are people filling up multiple cars, or do they have really big tanks?

Also, I see that you bought this on September 2nd, and the points last until the end of the next calendar month. But if you bought it towards the end of the month, you'd only have about a month to use 8.5 fill-ups worth.

Am I thinking about this right?

Yes, you can :thumbsup2 All those promos they run where you get a $5 gift card for buying two packs of diapers or 4 tubes of toothpaste...those little cards can all be used to buy Disney gift cards. It doesn't happen much anymore, but I used to find Target gift cards sold at a 6.5% off from sites like giftcardrescue.com or cardcash.com. And I'd buy those and then combine with a 5% pharmacy rewards to get a bigger discount.

The fuel promos are great if you can use them. We are fortunate, I guess, that we don't have to fill our tanks very often. My dh only works 10 mins from home and he has a Civic that gets 40 mpg so it doesn't need much. And I drive in a 5-mile radius most of the time so I fill up once, maybe twice, a month. We try to coordinate our fill-ups so we can both use the fuel reward but it's hard to coordinate that.

I'm new to the Kroger fuel points now that we've relocated to Atlanta. The way I understand it is, it's 1000 points for $1.00 off a gallon, up to a maximum of 35 gallons. So in this scenario, you've earned enough points to get about 8.5 fill-ups with the big $1.00 off each time discount.

However, my car doesn't take 35 gallons, it takes about 14 if I run it to the E (Sonata Hybrid). Are people filling up multiple cars, or do they have really big tanks?

Also, I see that you bought this on September 2nd, and the points last until the end of the next calendar month. But if you bought it towards the end of the month, you'd only have about a month to use 8.5 fill-ups worth.

Am I thinking about this right?

Yes, thats exactly right. Thats why its nice when the fuel promos span 2 months. For example, this promo started in August, so I bought some cards in August - just to get me 1 or 2 fill ups before buying the bulk of cards in early September.

My car takes about 18 gallons when its empty. I bought fuel cans for the excess so that I could get the full 35 gallons. We put them in our garage, and my husband fills up his car from the fuel cans.

Something to note - last year, when they ran the Thanksgiving fuel promo, they bumped up the max points you could use at a time from 1,000 to 2,000. So basically, you could buy double the amount of gift cards. I hope they do the same this year.

Jodie

I've been buying Disney gift cards with my Target red card. I just called Disney to purchase a 4 day base ticket. The CM asked me how many gift cards I had and when I told her 6(multiples of $50), she said they could only take up to 2 methods of payment. Has anyone ever heard of this?

I've been buying Disney gift cards with my Target red card. I just called Disney to purchase a 4 day base ticket. The CM asked me how many gift cards I had and when I told her 6(multiples of $50), she said they could only take up to 2 methods of payment. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Yep, we ran into that when purchasing MVMCP tickets.

All the gift cards would be only ONE form of payment. It wouldn't be six.

All the gift cards would be only ONE form of payment. It wouldn't be six.

Actually, over the phone when purchasing tickets, the system only allows 2 payments per transaction. Each gift card counts as 1 payment type. We had to purchase our tickets all separately so we could use 2 gift cards per ticket.

Actually, over the phone when purchasing tickets, the system only allows 2 payments per transaction. Each gift card counts as 1 payment type. We had to purchase our tickets all separately so we could use 2 gift cards per ticket.

That's what I had to do for our Christmas tickets too. But I've heard some people were able to use multiple GC by calling the ticket number. I guess it depends on who you get on the other end and whether they are willing to spend the time to enter those in. The person I got was annoyed at me. Normally they say some kind of good bye when you're done. Mine just hung up on me.

Does anyone know if there is a way to combine the balances into one card?

I get multiple Starbucks during the year and I alway transfer the balances to my gold card. I was hoping I would be able to do with the Disney cards too.

Maybe since they all have different numbers on the back??? I went to the Disney store and they only take 8 gift cards per transaction.

That is strange. We bought our tickets at the Disney store and $1400 worth of tickets were paid for in one transaction with gift cards in increments of $25 or $50...so that would be WAY more than 8 gift cards. The CM there never batted an eye.

I would very much like to do the Target gift card option for my upcoming trip. I'm booked through a travel agent for a package and I'm anticipating re-booking next week for a Disney Visa promo. Normally that means pay the deposit by Disney Visa but then can pay for the rest other ways. I have an extra 5% coupon that expires Friday so I'm trying to figure this out quickly. For a package you can make multiple payments not just the 2 types right? I can go in every day and enter a few gift cards towards the balance? I've also heard of people charging the whole trip and then you can change payment type at the resort meaning if I had to charge it all to Disney visa they would refund and then charge to my giftcards? I just don't want to be stuck with $5000 in gift cards :P

I would very much like to do the Target gift card option for my upcoming trip. I'm booked through a travel agent for a package and I'm anticipating re-booking next week for a Disney Visa promo. Normally that means pay the deposit by Disney Visa but then can pay for the rest other ways. I have an extra 5% coupon that expires Friday so I'm trying to figure this out quickly. For a package you can make multiple payments not just the 2 types right? I can go in every day and enter a few gift cards towards the balance? I've also heard of people charging the whole trip and then you can change payment type at the resort meaning if I had to charge it all to Disney visa they would refund and then charge to my giftcards? I just don't want to be stuck with $5000 in gift cards :P

My family of four and my friend's family of four each bought $3200 in Disney Gift Cards from Target last winter. Then we entered the card numbers into an Excel spreadsheet, emailed it to our travel agent, and she paid for the entire trip from that spreadsheet.

Took us about 2 hours of multiple transactions at the store, almost 45 minutes to make and double check the spreadsheet, and who know how long for her to submit payment (she was done that same afternoon).

But with the 5% off with Redcard, 5% off with Pharmacy discount, and coupons collected from everyone at work, we saved over 22%. It was worth the time.

My family of four and my friend's family of four each bought $3200 in Disney Gift Cards from Target last winter. Then we entered the card numbers into an Excel spreadsheet, emailed it to our travel agent, and she paid for the entire trip from that spreadsheet.

Took us about 2 hours of multiple transactions at the store, almost 45 minutes to make and double check the spreadsheet, and who know how long for her to submit payment (she was done that same afternoon).

But with the 5% off with Redcard, 5% off with Pharmacy discount, and coupons collected from everyone at work, we saved over 22%. It was worth the time.

I use my Red Card and Pharmacy rewards, but what type of coupons are you referring to when you say "coupons collected from everyone at work" ?

I use my Red Card and Pharmacy rewards, but what type of coupons are you referring to when you say "coupons collected from everyone at work" ?

Last year, Target had a coupon offer where if you spend $50, you get a $10 Target gift card. I had as many people as would print the coupons for us.
That right there is a 20% discount. The 5% & 5% brought it really close to 30%. When we ran out of coupons, it was only 9.25%. Averaged out to about 22%.

We both know Target employees personally, but could not arrange to get them, us, our money, and the coupons all together at the same time, or we might have been looking at closer to 30% total.

Last year, Target had a coupon offer where if you spend $50, you get a $10 Target gift card. I had as many people as would print the coupons for us. That right there is a 20% discount. The 5% & 5% brought it really close to 30%. When we ran out of coupons, it was only 9.25%. Averaged out to about 22%. We both know Target employees personally, but could not arrange to get them, us, our money, and the coupons all together at the same time, or we might have been looking at closer to 30% total.

It's our understanding that the target employee discount (10%) can be stacked with red card (5%)

Does anyone know if target employee using a red card ALSO use a pharmacy 5% coupon stacked with the other 2 discounts?
Which would make it 30% off
Well the math geniuses out there will tell you it's a bit less than 30%..how much it really is we don't know.

Also when target has the spend $50 and get a $10 target gift card deal
Would you need to do a separate transaction per $50 spend to get the target gift cards?
Or, could you buy a bulk lot of Disney $50 gift cards..and get the $10 target GC in one transaction?

We see target is having a cyber Monday deal...thought its a $75 spend to get a free $10 target gift card
Not quite as lucrative as the other deal previously mentioned.

Thanks

So what you guys are saying is that they are NOT considered gift cards they are considered entertainment cards and you can use coupons on them?

Has anybody ever tried to use the 10 percent coupon on them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter