Just Returned...HOT HOT HOT...Essentials to survive...please read

Thanks for the tips! We are going in September when I know it will also be HOT HOT HOT. I am going to wear biker type shorts and light colored tanks and t-shirts.

Nothing like a good spray fan bottle with some ice in it to beat the heat. I usually grab them at CVS on clearance for about 5.00. Also, I usually bring a blister survival kit...foot soaker, epsom salt, sterilized needle, band aids, and neosporin.... but I drive not sure how I would get it there I had to fly....

Yeah, I like the idea of sport sandals. I really need to look into that. Just need to find something with good arch support, suffered for 6 months one time with plantar fasciitis and NEVER AGAIN, lol
I haven't tried this with sport sandals yet, but I was recently was diagnosed with PF and have put Birkenstock inserts into all of my shoes and they are awesome. They will make a good shoe 10 times better...makes everything "shiny" (Browncoats unite!)

Hey Kurt, check out a blood flow stimulator for PF. I know the Birks work great for support but to heal PF on it's own takes way too long.

Nothing like a good spray fan bottle with some ice in it to beat the heat. I usually grab them at CVS on clearance for about 5.00. Also, I usually bring a blister survival kit...foot soaker, epsom salt, sterilized needle, band aids, and neosporin.... but I drive not sure how I would get it there I had to fly....
I found a collapsible tub that is ideal for foot soaks. It packs right in the bottom of the suit case.

Yeah, I like the idea of sport sandals. I really need to look into that. Just need to find something with good arch support, suffered for 6 months one time with plantar fasciitis and NEVER AGAIN, lol

ortho heels for me, or check out the walking company

I need two shoes in the park: First I start with Gold bond on my feet, the lightest wicking no show sock, and memory foam Sketchers as light as can be. But, my feet need air after awhile. By 3-4 in the afternoon I switch to my Nike memory foam like a flip flop, but more structured. I also take a Croc (I use a nude no show Peds in them) that day instead if it calls for rain because I hate wet feet and socks. I have to carry a light weight back pack. The taffeta feeling material of a Sea World bag from some time back. I can fit the umbrella, spare shoes and a rolled up rain resistant jacket with a hood instead of a poncho. I hate how they stick in the humidity.

My life saver this summer has been a new spray I used. Gold Bond body spray original. I wasn't in Fl heat but worked outside in 90*'s +. My under chest part of my bras stayed dry for the first time. I don't get leg rash as I always use the Gold Bond or Dr. Scholls on my inner thighs, but the area underside of chest was red and sore all week before I started using the spray.

I also agree so much with going back to the hotel and swim in the pool, shower and go back to the park after resting. The worse heat of the day, the time the rain comes is out of the way. I go back refreshed not crabby and can enjoy a late night closing.

As a veteran marathon runner, I don't like wearing running shoes and socks in the park as my feet get too hot. My last trip I did fine with Jack Rogers and Tori Burch flip flops. I don't like fanny packs but have a great sized Prada messenger that works great and holds everyone's crap. I agree with tank tops but just wear regular cotton shorts.

I think a lot of people may have problems with shorts when they get wet by sweating or on the waterslides and they start to chafe.

I also LOVE the Gold Bond Powder spray. LOVE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter