Just returned home from our two weeks in WDW - not feeling the returning soon bug

PJHuntleyCO

DIS Veteran
We just returned home from our two week vacation at WDW, and I can honestly say, for the first time in forever, I am not feeling that want to return soon bug. We stayed at OKW in a 1 bedroom villa, nice enough until my husband woke in the middle of the night to see a very large bug (roach) running for the patio door. When I woke the next morning, he shared what he saw, and he went and spoke with the customer service resort manager. (Very nice man, who apologized, and had our room treated, and gave us a small credit, and some fast passes for our family for the trouble). I tried to keep a positive outlook, it is vacation, it is Florida, bugs (ugg, do happen). During our park visits we must have Pooh's black rain cloud over us, as many of the rides, we happened to be on, broke while we were in line, during our fast pass time, while on the ride or right at the end of the ride. HOLY COW! What the heck has happened to the maintenance of rides? It used to be an occasional thing, and then it was down and right back up, but, really 3 days solid - Rockin' Roller Coaster was down; Space Mountain, twice we were on the lights came on, a third time, as we were coming out of the final few feet and into the exit area, lights came on. Big Thunder went down twice; Splash as least once while we were in line, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, while we were in the fast pass queue, went down for 15 minutes; People Mover went down as we were exiting Carousel of Progress; Toy Story Midway mania - the guns malfunctioned both times our family rode; and the worst of all, was when my son with Autism was stuck on the Tomorrowland Speedway in a car near teacups for 10 minutes, when he texted me saying he was stuck and not one cast member was trying to help. I was in the exit area, and finally got a cast member to go help him, albeit, he acted put out. All things aside, I still tried to keep a positive outlook, it is vacation, but really, at what we all pay for our vacation, rides should not break down this much! Our visit to Universal Studios was wonderful compared to all the issues during our WDW portion of the trip. Diagon Alley was amazing, we spent the majority of 1 day just walking through and experiencing the shops. Reflecting back as we were waiting at the airport, which is usually, when I wear my husband out, talking about, plans for our next trip, I sat and ran though the full visit, and for the first time, in all the years of going to Disney, told him, I think we will wait a few years before we come back. Maybe Disney will get things fixed. Then I listened to the two DisUnplugged podcasts that I missed while on vacation and heard about the tiered pricing. Now, I really don't think we will be going back for a longer while. I will not pay more money, for a vacation that has so many issues with maintenance of rides. For what they ask us to pay and we do, I want it right and working. Hope others don't have our luck. For the 15 years we have been going to Disney, we have had a few minor issues, but never, this much. I miss the old Disney is the model for all.

It does seem as though the entire Disney corporation is on a downward spiral. I hope somebody there wakes up and tries to return things more to the way they used to be. Maybe Walt's ghost needs to visit a few executives. :rolleyes2

I think it's sad that you had such a disappointing experience. I got a little tired of all the building and waiting in line, even with the fp+, I scrapped this November's trip and will wait until Disney springs and Avatarland are finished before spending thousands again. I will live vicariously through all y'alls trip reports until then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter