Just returned from Grand Palms

FLA NUT

Mom to 2 Disney "Jaded" boys.
We just returned from Grand Palms Resort in the Lindfields section of Kissimmee. When I was planning our trip I could not find alot of information on Grand Palms so I thought that I would share my findings.

Grand Palms is a condo community located in the Lindfields section. When you turn off 192 the resort is approx. 1/10 mile on the right. This is a quiet community of 2 & 3 bedroom units. There is a nice pool area with whirlpool, small fitness room, barbeque area (not convenient for most units). There are no scheduled activities so if you are looking for a "true resort" this is not for you. This is a wonderful place for families looking for quiet, clean, safe accomodations.

We were in the Coral Palms section of the complex. Keep in mind that each unit is individually owned and decorated so I can only speak for the one I stayed in. Our unit had been newly renovated with fresh paint and new modern furniture. I noticed some of the other units had plain white walls. We had 2b/2b. There is a full kitchen with breakfast area, dining area, living room, large master bedroom with bath and separate dressing area, smaller Mickey themed bedroom with bathroom across the hall, washer,dryer, and plenty of closet space. We had everything we could possibly need. We even had a Mickey smoothie maker.

If anyone is considering staying on the western end of 192, Grand Palms or Villas at Island Club across the street is the way to go. Since the new 429 toll road and entrance to Disney is open it only took a matter of minutes to be at the parks. It was much more easy than 192 or Sherberth Rd. Super Walmart is right up the road on 27.

I'm already planning my next trip and will be staying at Grand Palms again. :dance3:

Thanks for the review. We stay off of 27 and I am intrigued by the idea of taking this new toll road. How much do they charge?

The toll road is wonderful. The $1 charge is worth it. There is absolutely no traffic. Coming from 27 you will turn left onto 429 (toll road), go thru the toll booth and exit right. You are only on this road for probably 3/4 mile. Once you exit right, you see the Disney arches. There is hardly any traffic until you get to Coronada Springs. We love coming in this way, it is so much better than any other way from 192. The first time you leave at night it can be a little tricky, just follow the signs that say 429.

I think you will be pleased with the new entrance. :thumbsup2

We only stayed offsite once so I'm not very familiar with the roads, but I'm tempted to stay in the Davenport area. Do you think that this new toll road would cut down on that commute time? I can't seem to find a new enough map to show where this road is?

Thanks!

The toll road crosses 192 between Orange Lake Country Club and the Publix shopping center. I'm not familiar with Davenport but if it is on 27 near 192 the toll road will help. The toll road will help anyone on the west end of 192 and in the area where 192 and 27 cross.

Try google maps, it seems to have the most up to date maps of the area.

Thanks for the review, FLA Nut! :) We stayed at Grand Palms a year ago (flew home a year ago, today!). We stayed in a 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo near the pool area, one building away, overlooking the nature conservation area. Our condo was very nice. It was clean and the beds were comfy. There was no special theming. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub, and loved that we had so much space! We traveled with another couple and had plenty of room in the condo. We took rooms on either end. There was one king bedroom with bath ensuite, one queen bedroom, and a small room with 2 twin beds. There was a bathroom right outside the 2 smaller bedrooms. The condo community was very quiet and we didn't see many other people around during the time we were there. We have booked another week in the same unit for August this year.

For anyone looking for great condo rates, Grand Palms and Villas at Island Club are very reasonable. We paid about $65 a night for our unit, and in my research I talked with a very nice owner at Villas at Island Club who charges about the same. Some are lower, some a bit higher, but the rates are very reasonable and about what you'd pay for a decent hotel room in the area. We really enjoyed the experience and are looking forward to going back!

Thank you! We will be there over christmas :santa: for the entire week!I was going to camp at Disney....but heck why stay in a pop up when i can have a king bed:confused3 at the same price...........pop up....condo.....:confused3 Okay 2 bed room condo win's....:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Thanks for the review do you have any pictures?????
Don

We have a 25ft travel trailer which I love to take to the beach, BUT I'm with you, why stay in it when I can have a 2 bedroom condo for less. :cool1:

The condo we stayed in there was perfect. I haven't learned to post pics yet but you can look at it http://www.vrbo.com/101631. It was newly updated with new paint, furniture, etc. The kitchen, childrens room and bathroom are Disney themed. The same owners also have a 3 bedroom directly below the 2 bedroom. Grand Palms is a very quiet area. I wouldn't call it a resort, more of a condo community with a pool and tennis courts. But it is a clean safe area and very convenient to the parks with the new western way. All of the condos are set up the same, but alot of them have plain furnishings, walls etc. I really loved the extra time and money our owners spent to make this place look like home.

Hope you have a wonderful trip. :dance3: If I learn to post pics, I'll add them later.

Thanks for the review, FLA Nut! :) We have booked another week in the same unit for August this year.

We really enjoyed the experience and are looking forward to going back!

Just wondering how everything went last month? We have two weeks booked at Grand Palms in 2008 and just looking for any info. we can find.

Thanks so much for posting this great review. You actually booked the EXACT condo I am thinking about getting for my trip next year. LOL! I am so glad to hear you loved it and thanks for the info on getting to WDW parks. We are still on the fence about going in Jan but I may just go ahead and go in May and stay here. The price can't be beat and feel more confident in renting now that I know others have stayed at this condo and loved it! Thanks again. :goodvibes

I would love to go in January one year. I think it would be nice to have the parks almost empty and be able to take your time and enjoy the sites.

I think you will be pleased with the condo. Let me know how things turn out. I have some pictures we took of the unit, PM me if you would like to see them.

We again had a wonderful stay! The condo was clean with new bedding, and my DH fell in love with the pillows and memory foam mattress topper, so we bought some just like them when we got home! When I mentioned to my DH on our "down day" that maybe we should look at some of the area hotels for future vacations, he said there was no need to look anywhere else. It's really like having our own vacation home. Plus, no timeshare fees, mortgage or anything other than a great vacation!

The condo we stayed in was http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/16253.html The bedding was different than in the photos (prettier, I think!), but it basically looked the same.

How far is publix grocery store from here? Trying to figure out a christmas dinner.Thanks
Daddydon

Publix is approx. 1 1/2 from Grand Palms. It is just past the 429/192 interchange on the left. Super Walmart is approx. 2 1/2 miles the other direction.

Thank you i knew there was one close by! My wife looked up the web site and well we did not have and still dont know which one it is!We thought maybe if we bought a Christmas meal we would just stay in the condo that day( i suggested the Crystal Palace @ wdw) and enjoy our family!(Did i mention my wife told how much that would cost?)We were just talking last nite how we need to watch the disney planning dvd to start getting reved up for our trip
And how i need to send GiGi some money....lol
Could you send me the pics of the condo agin????? if thats not too much to ask?
Thanks Daddydon

No problem, I'll pm the pics shortly. I hope you enjoy Christmas @ Disney. I'm very envious :sad:. It should be no problem to pick up a dinner @ Publix, just remember to order early or you may be eating sandwiches instead :eek: .

DaddyDon, we are so envious of your trip! We actually had this same unit booked for this Christmas soon after the VRBO listing went up last year. We ended up having to use our vacation time/money that had been earmarked for our Christmas 07 Disney trip to attend to a family emergency that came up this summer. The owners were very nice about our cancellation... So glad a fellow DISer is able to go during the holidays! Hope you guys have a really great trip. :cool1:

FLA NUT, glad to hear you had a good stay there! We are hoping to book this condo sometime in the future. Hopefully it won't become too popular because of this thread, lol... ;)

I was wondering if my trip would get cancelled.......Had foot surgery sept 27.....Went ahead and paid the rent....WE Are Going to the :mickeyjum Mouse:santa: :santa: :santa: !!!!!!I dont care if momma and dd pushes my wheel chair.....:rotfl2: :rotfl2: All joking aside im doing better than i thought:tinker: i would be....must be the magic dust:wizard: We are stoked and ....heck i ready to pack my mm:smickey: duffle...but my wife told me i need to wait:confused3 :laundy:
Sorry you cant make it but we do understand family emergency......Our ac went out last july.........Can you say show them the money?????wow that ouched!

DaddyDon:
Glad to hear you are still able to take the trip as planned. Are you by chance staying in the same condo at Christmas time that FLA NUT stayed in ?

If so, that is the one we have booked for 2008. If so, can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter