Just got back from mini-Meet in Columbus. . .

WillyJ

<font color=purple>NyQuil Aficionado<br><font colo
Well, I just returned from having dinner with Elaine (Helenabear) and her husband Luis (coqui) here in Ohio. . . :D

I must say they are two of the nicest, most pleasant people I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with. . . :D

They were kind enough to drive up here to Delaware, OH. and meet me at the local Damons bar and grill. . . they were waiting for me when I arrived, and after introducing ourselves we found a table and sat down. . .

It was quite a evening. . . because I was a little nervous, I ordered a glass of White Zinfandel wine. and the waitress actually asked for my ID!!! :o

It's been quite a few years since I'd been carded, and of course I immediately realized it was just a cheap ploy to con a big tip out of me. . . I refused to be played like that, but I have to admit I was kind of flattered, so although I only tipped the normal amount, I did wait until Luis and Elaine left the table and then slid their tip on top of mine. . ;) . . .
icon10.gif

We had a very pleasant dinner; talked about the DIS and got to know each other. . . Elaine is a very nice, smart, and attractive person, and we reminiced about my "Dwarf Brawl" and "Corn" threads. . . she also told me about her job and life, but I really wasn't paying attention to that part. . ;)

Luis is a cool guy. . . I was asked not to reveal his full name, but let's just say the team he plays second-base for has had quite a nice little winning streak lately and we might just see him in the playoffs this Fall. . :D

Oh, and I learned Elaine bugged him to start posting on the DIS for months, and now that he has, she yells at him for embarrassing her. . home is where you hang your head buddy!
icon10.gif

Anyway, we had a very nice time, right up until George Clooney walked in and took a swing at me over an old grudge involving Janet Reno and I had to mace him, thus starting a huge brawl. . . . :o

But that's a story for another time; we did get the waitress to take a picture of the 3 of us before the cops showed up, and I'm sure as soon as she makes bail, she'll post them. . :D

icon10.gif

Sigh.... I missed another wonderful Dis meet. :( Sounds like my kind of evening too!!! ;)

You know there isn't much I can add at all to what Willy just said there! He told the story much better than I ever could ;) I did enjoy meeting him and it was a great dinner with great conversation! I am glad that I finally got to be able to meet you Willy!

Oh here's that picture we got before the... err... cops came
icon10.gif

willyj.jpg

Well I am sure sorry I missed all of the excitment - I just might have been able to scape up the bail money

Thanks Willy & Elaine for sharing your evening with us! Sounds like fun and, you all look marvelous together! ;)

Willie, I am sorry I was not able to come down from Cleveland today. I had my dental implant surgery yesterday afternoon and did not wake up till nearly 2pm from the pain meds. :earseek:

I slept so soundly I didn't realized I was drooling blood all over the bed. Sorry, TMI, I know. :rolleyes:

Anyway, a day of soup and tomorrow I will tackle meatloaf.

Did you have something good to eat like a thick, juicy, chewy steak or some munchy ribs? Can you tell soup is not cutting it tonight? Guess I will try some jello before I go to bed. ;)

sounds like a very interesting evening! hehe!

thanks for showing the pic! :D

Ouch RNMom!!! :( I hope the pain has eased up by today. . . if I'm still here Saturday I'll try to get together another mini-meet and maybe you can come down for that. . :D

Shannon, to save time, I just had the truck towed back and forth from the Meet. . . ;) . . .
icon10.gif

All kidding aside, Elaine and Luis are two super nice people, and it was great being able to spend the evening with them. . . thanks for getting the pic up Elaine!! :D :D :D

Sounds like a wonderful evening.....great pic also.....except whos who in the photo.....Is WillyJ wearing the beautiful powder blue top????;)

Nice picture! Sounds like a good time! Hope George survives his beating! Thanks for sharing the scoop WJ & the pic Elaine!

Good seeing y'all!

Willy and Elaine thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks for the "trip report", Willy. Sounds like you three had a great time! It was so nice that you guys could get together. :) Great picture, too.

Willy, if you're ever in the Philly area, I'm sure we can put something together here, too. ;)

glad all went okay & you got back home Willy.
gotta love those dis meets..:D

:p Will! :p

It sounds like you guys had a really nice time. :D :D I love the picture. :D Thank you for sharing it with us Elaine. :D

Like many others here on the DIS, I have a couple of "change jars" that I've been saving change in for our trips to Disney. I guess I ought to start a special jar for bail money. :earseek: :earseek: ;) :p

It was a very nice evening... a lot of laughs to be had :D Even my DH (who half the time has no choice in if he is coming to one or not) said he had a good time :p Oh yeah, for those who don't know I'm in the middle of the pic (like that was hard ;)) and my DH is on my right and WillyJ is on the left... I posted that pic and went straight to bed!

RNMOM, I hope you are feeling better soon... that sounds painful!!

Shep, yep meets are fun... when are you planning one in your part of the world ;)

LOL Maggie, you are too funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter