Just got a call for an In-room security inspection

sfbntpc

Earning My Ears
Here at Jambo House now, and they just called our room letting us know they are coming for a security inspection. We checked in on Monday and they changed our trash yesterday, is this something new? Or are we just never in the room when they call? I think thought the policy was every other day, but I am fine with every day too. Just wondering if the policy has changed...Thanks for any input

Disney will have someone enter your room every day, whether it's housekeeping or "security"

Did you have the "Room Occupied" sign up at any point? If a housekeeper sees that when they attempt to get trash, they will not knock, but you'll be put on a list to have the room "inspected" by "security."

Why the gratuitous use of quotes? Many folks are reporting inconsistency with the handling and extent of these inspections that seem to serve no purpose other than to irritate guests who want privacy, or confusion among guests that aren't aware of the new normal.

Well a call is nice when we were there in June my daughter went back to our room to nap and did not secure the door. When they woke her they found out the hard way that she's the daughter of a Marine. I think that some ears are still ringing from the language she used.

The policy is everyday and leaving a "Room Occupied" sign on your door seems to trigger security. At least it appears this didn't happen at 8am like it happens at some places.

That kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Yep.

Appears to me just a tick the box security check, likely designed to limit liability, not anything of any substance.

If something happened it would likely increase liability. Like the “beware of dog” signs increase it in certain places, because you KNOW you have a vicious dog and haven’t taken every measure to protect the public.

Having a housekeeper stick their head in for a second doesn’t protect them.

I read on another website that the security measures are to prevent another Las Vegas hotel shooting. In short, they're checking to make sure nobody's stockpiling guns in their hotel room.

Here at Jambo House now, and they just called our room letting us know they are coming for a security inspection. We checked in on Monday and they changed our trash yesterday, is this something new? Or are we just never in the room when they call? I think thought the policy was every other day, but I am fine with every day too. Just wondering if the policy has changed...Thanks for any input
You better hurry up and hide the drugs and guns.

I read on another website that the security measures are to prevent another Las Vegas hotel shooting. In short, they're checking to make sure nobody's stockpiling guns in their hotel room.
Except calling the room to let them know they’re coming to check defeats this purpose. If someone WAS up to something with the heads-up they can just hide it.

They are just letting you know to get the gag and zip ties ready ....

Did they also let you know that no one was expecting them back for hours? :-)

Being serious now: that's interesting..but yes the checks are now normal..they've managed to tip toe around us so far though.

Just curious - I’m not sure how to ask this. What if a couple were having an intimate moment and had the DO NOT DISTURB sign up. Would they come in anyway? Or maybe someone was napping- when they call, can you say now isn’t a good time?

Nothing spells romance more than... after putting up the room occupied sign and engaging the security latch and ...STILL having the unknown of if and when HK/security will knock and try to open that latched door.

Guess disney prefers for us to be out of the room coughing up our last dime.

If a guest leaves the room occupied sign up 24/7, I understand receiving a call and or a visit from security. I guess some guests do, and these are probably the guests that opt out of HK. I don’t blame the guest if it’s due to concern about theft.

It’s not only you. Been organizing trips elsewhere. Next up: 1bedroom 1bath carriage house with full kitchen, washer/drier located Florida panhandle in a great beach development, private beach steps away from an easy beach access point, with reserved lounge chairs and umbrella both set up daily and included in the daily rate, lake views with gas grill on large balcony. Newly built (2017), great owner to work with. We anticipate a relaxing week. No security checks or parking fees. Cost: less than a Disney moderate. I think I found a new “bubble.”

Yep.

If something happened it would likely increase liability. Like the “beware of dog” signs increase it in certain places, because you KNOW you have a vicious dog and haven’t taken every measure to protect the public.

Having a housekeeper stick their head in for a second doesn’t protect them.

I doubt it goes very far in protecting guests either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter