Just booked my trip!

OrlandoMike

<font color=red>all I can say is beer hurts when i
I just booked my trip to Cedar Point, my own personal Disney World! Imagine, 4 days in a cabin on lake erie, waking up to 16 roller coasters! Yes boys and girls, that is what I call a vacation!

Sorry, just had to share......... :banana:

Mike

Going in May, we give them a week to get the rides up and running, the kegs tapped, and the grease heated up for the fried treats on a stick, then we hit them hard! LOL

Uh, Mike - you mean there is another city on Lake Erie besides Buffalo? Come on, Niagara Falls is just a few minutes away and the Maid of the Mist is almost a thrill ride! And Buffalo has lots of junk food ... home of chicken wings. Have a great trip!

When you get a 400 foot, 300 foot, and 200 foot roller coaster let me know, I'll be there! Besides, wings dont come on a stick, and EVERYONE knows that all of the food at Cedar Point comes on a stick!

Love Cedar Point and TTD 2 1/2 hr to get on that coaster but worth it.
Hope you have a good time
I know i did

At least this time there's no dancing girls for Sue and I to worry about.

never been - but would love to go someday. Have a great time

Nope no dancing girls, but they do have something called Snoopy on Ice, but who in their right mind would put down their corn dog long enough for this?

What they lack in Disney type of entertainment, they more than make up for in high quality thrill rides.

And sittin on the shores of Lake Erie at night sipping on a dirty will keep Viki and all of you fresh in my mind.....

55 days, but who is counting?

Woo Hoo.............. Previews!

Cedar Point will be one of several amusement parks featured in "Best of Theme Parks 2006" at 8 tonight (3-24-06) on the Travel Channel.

I love Cedar Point have been many times, hate the 12 hour drive to get there. But this May instead of Cedar Point i'll be at Disney 16-23...woo-hoo!!!! Only 43 more days!!

I'm watching the web cams looking at the rides getting unwraped and testing for opening day! Cant wait! How many times can you watch the one and only DVD on Cedar Point? You Disney addicts have it so lucky, there are a ton of videos/DVD's out there for you! LOL

12 hour drive, try a three hour flight! BUT ITS WORTH IT!

Grew up in the Cleveland area, and Cedar Point was one of our favorite places growing up, haven't been there in yrs but still love it!! Have fun!!!!! :woohoo:

What's your favorite roller coaster at Cedar Point?? I love the Millennium Force & Mantis...also love the Magnum XL-200...ah heck i love them all...there really isn't a bad coaster there :banana:

I love the Blue Streak for the memories it has of my youth.

I love MF because of the size and speed.

Magnum is a great coaster, love the bunny hills at the end!

Mantis is a little rough for me, but I ride it.

Love Raptor, great first drop and great inversions!

Dragster is great, but it does tend to break down quite a bit, and the ride is so short.

Wicked Twister is a lot of fun, expecially because the person I go with is from New England, so all we do is make fun of her accent...Wicked Twistah!

Mean Streak used to be a lot of fun before the put the break on the first hill.

I really like them all! Love the food, love sitting on the edge of Lake Erie in the mornings feeding the birds, and in the evenings sipping a cocktail!

I must admit my absolute favorite ride there is Cedar Downs, the racing derby. It's a Carousel type of ride that goes very fast and the horses "race" each other, lots of fun, and lots of memories of my childhood on that one!

I cant wait to go! GET TO THE POINT! :Pinkbounc

OrlandoMike said:
Wicked Twister is a lot of fun, expecially because the person I go with is from New England, so all we do is make fun of her accent...Wicked Twistah!

Too funny i don't have the New England accent bad but it pops out now and again ;) Have a great time at Cedar Point!!

hiwaygal said:
Did they close Lusty Lil's?!?!?!?! :teeth:

Lusty Lil's is now the "Last Chance Saloon", but they still have the same offerings of beer, soda, and sandwiches. Guess that change was for P/C reasons....who knows?

Fascination is gone, now a Johnny Rockets. (Rememer the smoke that came out of that place in the old days?) I do miss Fascination, but CP still has one of the best collection of skiball games in the nation!

Silver Doller Cafe is gone, now a sports bar called Game Day Grill. No more Silver Doller panckes for breakfast, but its a great spot to stop in the mid day for a beer and nachos now!

Oh well, progress I guess. :confused3

No Fascination!?!?!? :sad2:

It's been much too long since I've been "back home"...

As long as they don't tear down the Blue Streak (my personal favorite) I guess we'll just have to go with the flow...(sigh)

The Blue Streak is still there, doubt Cedar Point would ever tear out any coaster, that would make their coaster count go down, and they are all about being the "park with the most coasters".

But IMO they have pretty much ruined as much of it as they could. They got new trains a few years back, they now have seat belts, and you board the trains where you used to get off, and now the ride has computer controlled electric brakes.

Remember the old days when those poor boys had to manually stop the trains, then the train would roll empty to the load station? Oh well, the line for that ride used to be over an hour, now you can pratically walk on!

Ahhh the old days!

Guess you dont want to hear the fate of the Pirate Ride then? :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter