JUST BACK- DINING REVIEWS w/ PICS on last page

timandlesley

<font color=darkorchid>The tag fairy may not but t
We stayed 9 nights, first night at Pop, then 8 nights at Wilderness Lodge. Had a GREAT time. There are four of us, myself, my DH and my DD 2 1/2 and DS 5. We were on the dining plan and LOVED it. (our second time using the plan)

For sake of time I will just review the Tableservice locations we ate at because that will be lengthy by itself.
First Table Service of the trip was at L'Originale Alfredo's at Epcot. DELICIOUS. I gotta tell you - I went in with VERY low expectations after reading reviews here on the Dis and tried to get walk up at LeCellier on the way to dinner that night (with now luck). We had a GREAT server from Rome, very friendly and fun and made great suggestions. I had Ceasar salad for appetizer- YUM! Best Ceasar salad of my life and I'm not exaggerating. My DH tried the fried calamari (never had it before) he loved it. The bread there they make fresh every day and you could tell, very good. my DH tried an Italian wine with the meal and loved that too. I had Lasagna for the Main Course. YUM again, very different and cheesier than I had ever had. My DH had this spicy shrimp and pasta combo and loved it. Kids had pasta with meatsauce and loved it. We had chocolate mousse for desert, delicious. The time between courses seemed like forever and overall it was 2 hours for dinner and the kids were DONE by dessert, so I took them outside to run around as DH paid the bill. Our server messed up the credits and charged my 2 year old a child's credit so I had to go back in and talk to a mangager, 20 minutes later, this was straightened out. Oh well.
Overall
Food: A Service A+ Atmosphere B + GREAT MEAL
Total on dining plan for dinner was 115.00 - great deal too.

Next TAbleService was Whispering Canyon Cafe (we were staying at WL) We had an "o.k." server, not very energetic. Kids LOVED the pony races and their prizes they got and of course the ketchup antics. Overall meal was "o.k." nothing hugely special. I had meatloaf, DH and kids had the skillet. Desert we both had apple pie w/ ice cream. There were other servers doing funny stuff that night like putting someone in jail for sneaking ketchup and making two grown men run around the lobby with pony's for not participatingin the hokey pokey so that was funny. Total was 105.00
Food: B- Serviice C Atmosphere B+

Next TableService was 1900 Park Fair so my kids could see Cinderella. WOW- what a GREAT buffet. My DH hates buffets and kept saying how great the food was. They had EVERYTHING, even a chef preparing fresh pasta dishes, great food, awesome deserts and wonderful character interaction. Saw the mice and Fairy Godmother serveral times. Had pic's with prince charming in the lobby and saw Cindy herself. Kids LOVED the meal and so did mom and dad.
Food: A+ Service B (she didn't refill drinks much) Atmosphere A+

Next TableService O'Hana's for dinner. We had never been there before and LOVED this meal. We started with drinks, my husband got an apple martini and I had the "backscratcher". You HAVE to get this drink, YUM!!!! My DH loved the backscratcher it came with : ) The kids had non-alcoholic strawberry daquirri's with fruit and umbrellas before dinner too. Our server wasn't that great, but the food and entertainment for the kids more than made up for it. The shrimp and potatoes were a favorite, steak was incredible too. Loved the desert as well. GREAT MEAL!!! Everyone had a great time, ,kids enjoyed the maracas and shaking them around the restaraunt with the limbo and coconut races, fun time! He messed up our credits here too, I didn't realize until that night so I called the front desk and sure enough our server had charged us for 4 credits instead of 3 so we had to work that out.
Food: A Service B- Atmosphere: A

Chef Mickey's for an 8:30 breakfast. This was a great meal. Character interaction was awesome! Server was great and got kids involved through trivia questions and giving out stickers and placemats as awards which the kids loved. Food was great, had everything you could want on a breakfast buffet. We had a good time! My DH saw the Krispy Cremes on the way out and said "how did we miss that?" We'll be sure to hit that next year : )
Food: A Service: A + Atmosphere: A (of course)

Next TS was Tony's Town Square for my 30th b-day. Again, I had very low expectations based on reviews but we LOVED it! Server was very laid back and never even said "happy b-day" but was very good at serving and keeping up on things. The woman who seated us gave the kids mickey confetti and streamers to decorate the table with which was great. We had fried goat cheese, salad, and artichoke dip for appetizers, GREAT! The bread and dipping sauce was very good but wish the pizza type dipping sauce was warm, it was cold which I found very odd. I had spaghetti and meatballs and was pleasantly surprised, my DH had a steak, he is very picky and LOVED it. Kids shared spaghetti. We had a b-day cake for desert and got ice cream off of the plan which was good. Restaraunt sang to me and twirrled napkins for my b-day which was cute. Overall GREAT meal.
Food: A Service: B Atmosphere: A

Next to Crystal Palace ( a first for us) for breakfast. We had an 8:05 reservation so got in the park early, INCREDIBLE. Got great pic's in front of the castle. I was pleasantly surprised by how gorgeous this restaraunt is on the inside, how breathtaking. We loved this meal. The kids LOVED seeing Piglet, Tigger, Eyore, and Pooh (in that order) and getting pic's and autographs. We loved the breakfast. The potatoes are out of this world and the Tigger and Pooh waffles were enjoyed by the kids. Loved the fresh fruit too. Great meal!
Food: A Service B (slow w/ drinks) Atmosphere : A+

Next Meal was MAma Melrose (we didn't want a Fantasmic package because we wanted the full menu) We were so happy we did it this way. Had a GREAT server (he looked and acted just like Alec Baldwin) He served the beers fast to my DH who needed them that night : ) The food was outstanding, The dipping sauces and bread were great and were eaten quickly as they arrived at the table. I had the salad and loved it, DH had a flatbread as an appetizer and loved it. I had a pasta primevera dish that was outstanding, DH had Chicken parmesean and kids shared Spaghetti and meatballs. For desert DH had HAppiest Celebration on earth and loved it I had the hot chocolate truffle cake with warm chocolate sauce in the center and rasberries, YUM! Great meal!! (by the way, we got into Fantasmic by walking up at 8:15 no problem had PERFECT seats in the Mickey section in the middle, I don't think we'll do the package here again, menu is much better w/out it.)
Food: A Service: A+ Atmosphere: A

Last meal of the trip: Concourse Steak House for F-day dinner. HANDS DOWN THE MOST UNDER-RATED RESTARAUNT IN DISNEY. This food was OUTSTANDING! I got the Lobster Bisque as an appetizer, YUM. DH got the wings and LOVED them. I got the filet for dinner and our waitress let us add on the shrimp for free (9.99 extra on the menu). MY DH got the largest steak they had and also got the shrimp add on. My DH who can ALWAYS clean a plate was so full he couldn't finish the steak. We hands down said this was our favorite meal. The waitress split a grilled cheese meal for the kids and actually put them on separate plates each having their own pickle so it looked like they each had their own meals, first time this was offered this trip and saved us some money. The great thing was the painter pallete (spelling?) deserts for the kids, this kept them so entertained we actually had to tell them to eat them so we could wrap up the meal, a far cry from other meals that week when they had hit the wall by that course. we actually could enjoy our deserts for once. DH had the chocolate cake and I had the key lime pie, YUM. Our bill was 165.00!!!!! I couldn't believe it. If you haven't tried this place YOU MUST GO!!!
Service A++ Food : A++ Atmosphere: B+ (little loud next to Chef Mickey's, but that was O.K)

We had such a great trip and enjoyed the food. Will be happy to answer any questions. Thanks!
Lesley

Great reviews! We have ADR's for 4 of your restaurants and are considering 2 more!
We haven't been before (DL vets), and I'm intrigued by Tony's. It's nice to read a good review of it.
Thanks!

Glad you had great dining experiences. I am looking forward to our CP and concourse meals. We dined at Ohana and WCC, both for dinner and enjoyed them too.

How wonderfull to see a full trip review w out a single complaint. Lucky you! I'll have to keep some of those in mind for my own ADRs in a few months ( :joker: )

theycallmered said:
Oooh, you are making want to try Concourse now... :rotfl:

OHHHH, you just HAVE to try it. If you like steak in my oppinion it is a MUST do, especially with that shrimp add on, INCREDIBLE MEAL!!!!

Thanks so much for your wonderful review of Alfredo's. Like you I was very hesitant about going there, but DH wants to try it. Thanks to the wonderful things you have to say about their food I'm definitely going to keep it on our ADR list. The one place I would love to try is the Concourse, but we don't have room on our ADR list ... so many places, so little time! But thanks again; loved all the details!

I want to try Concourse but I'm afraid Chef Mickey's might distract the kids, they're 2 and 4. Did they notice the characters???

We had already gone to Chef Mickey's so they knew it was there, but when you check in it is before Chef Mickey's and my kids were totally oblivious to the characters and Chef Mickey's, they were too busy looking at the monorail. We were right by a wall too so they couldn't see the characters if they wanted too! Definitely give it a try, your kids would love the painters pallette desert, my kids are still talking about it.
Lesley

Glad you had a great trip. Thnaks for the dining reviews. How was WL, did you get a refurbed room?

Thanks for your detailed reviews-what a great way to celebrate your bithday!

kaysmommie said:
Glad you had a great trip. Thnaks for the dining reviews. How was WL, did you get a refurbed room?

WL was great as always. We had a refurbed room on the 4th floor w/ bunkbeds and a MK view. AWESOME. New rooms are incredible, I posted pics of the room w/ bunks on the WL FAQ thread so check them out. GREAT ROOM, we'll be back to WL next year for sure.
Lesley

Super reviews! Thanks for posting them. :) We're going to a lot of those places in August. :cloud9:

Beth :wave:

Thanks for the great reviews. We have ADR's for Ohana and 1900 park fare. Nice to see such positive remarks. :thumbsup2

Great reviews!! How was DH's chicken parmesan at Mama Melrose's? We do have the FDP and I think this is one entree that we can order. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

deany said:
Great reviews!! How was DH's chicken parmesan at Mama Melrose's? We do have the FDP and I think this is one entree that we can order. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Yes, that is an entree you can get, and I highly recommend it, DH LOVED it.
Have a GREAT trip!
Lesley

I'm testing posting pic's. Here is a pic of my Key Lime pie desert at Concourse Steak house:

Photo11.jpg

Lesley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter