Jungle Cruise at night

Went on it last night at about 10:30 as it was a walk on, we had just done it that afternoon with a FP and the jokes were pretty much the same, I can't say I really preferred it at night but I don't t really prefer the ride so there's that!

I would gladly skip that attraction and Small World every trip if DS didn't want to ride it.

I HATE Small World, and they really need to work on the boats bumping at the end. If it wasn't so bright in there it could easily be a place where I can catch a 5 minute zzzzz but DH loves it and all of its boringness. Even DD walks by and quickens her step hoping we can walk past without him dragging us in. :laughing:

I HATE Small World, and they really need to work on the boats bumping at the end. If it wasn't so bright in there it could easily be a place where I can catch a 5 minute zzzzz but DH loves it and all of its boringness. Even DD walks by and quickens her step hoping we can walk past without him dragging us in. :laughing:

Like being caught in a repetitive nightmare with smiling chuckies. :tilt:

i am starting to plot my FP+ selections and I recently read that the jungle cruise is better at night because of the darkness and how some features "pop". We have never done the jungle cruise in darkness. Does anyone feel it is better at night? No difference? Again this info will help me structure one of my days.

Thanks
I'd say Yes at night as well. We did it in the summer of 2015 for the 1st time, & what a waay different experience it was...Same for SM. BTMRR too

The only time I ever rode Jungle Cruise at night, a very non-audio animatronic bird swooped down and pooped on my sleeve. Ever since, it's been a daytime ride for me. I also don't think darkness does the backside of water justice.

We love corny....and we love the Jungle Cruise at night! Love the feeling of not seeing everything so clearly!

We did it close to close one night and it was great. Our skipper said she was going to skip the usual script and instead tell us some secrets and behind the scenes stuff and just chatted. It was really fun.

Also, big vote for Thunder at night. Seeing the castle lit up in the distance and seeing the fireworks... it was the best!

Well, looks like "JC at night" is being added to my "must do" list for next trip! Also Splash and BTMRR at night.
We're planning on November, so with sunset at 5:30, we should have time to do it!

Well, looks like "JC at night" is being added to my "must do" list for next trip! Also Splash and BTMRR at night.
We're planning on November, so with sunset at 5:30, we should have time to do it!

Splash is great at night. Particularly when you round the bend at the top and get a great view of the castle.

Does anyone feel it is better at night?
I'm not sure "better" is the right word, but it is certainly different at night. Different enough that I'd encourage you to do both a day-time and night-time ride. I really enjoy it both ways.

I somehow made it onto the last boat of the night at like 2 in the morning a few summers ago. I think there were 4 of us on the boat. Turns out our Skipper was from my hometown in East Tennessee, so he threw in a couple of Vols and Dollywood references. If you can make it on with a small group with a good skipper, you're in for a real treat. Even if not, I love the JC at night.

I'm wondering if some of the skippers are bored and don't take their job as seriously towards the end of the night. When I went, it was at night. The employee kept talking the entire time on the loudspeaker over the ride, and would not stop making terrible jokes. Very distracting and disappointing!

(I'm paraphrasing an actual guest complaint.)

Splash is great at night. Particularly when you round the bend at the top and get a great view of the castle.
We lucked into riding it during Wishes and it was pretty magical. There was no wait on the ride either, so we were able to go on it multiple times in a row!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter