• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 2017 Discounts

With the pandora fast passes opening tomorrow and Pandora summer EMH for onsite guests, i bet they drag their feet a bit with a discount and see if this fills rooms up. I hope I am wrong but...............

I don't think they will release Pandora FastPasses tomorrow. It's been widely speculated that it will be closer to the 30-day mark. But I will be THRILLED if that speculation is wrong. :flower1:

I'd be thrilled to see hours updates, the summer promo, or October hours being posted! Seems like everything is behind.

I don't think they will release Pandora FastPasses tomorrow. It's been widely speculated that it will be closer to the 30-day mark. But I will be THRILLED if that speculation is wrong. :flower1:

I'd be thrilled to see hours updates, the summer promo, or October hours being posted! Seems like everything is behind.

It's already being reported that Pandora FP+ will be available tomorrow...

They are definitely opening up FPs tomorrow. Check out the Official Pandora thread.

With the pandora fast passes opening tomorrow and Pandora summer EMH for onsite guests, i bet they drag their feet a bit with a discount and see if this fills rooms up. I hope I am wrong but...............

:sad1: I hope you are wrong too!!! Ugh!

Question- I have a room booked in June - currently when we are staying there are no rooms in my category. If a discount comes up will they be able to apply to my room type since I am reserved and paid?

Question- I have a room booked in June - currently when we are staying there are no rooms in my category. If a discount comes up will they be able to apply to my room type since I am reserved and paid?

If you booked through Disney they will apply the discount to your current reservation. You just need to call. :)
Me, I have only booked part of my trip, as POR only had part available, but I booked through Orbitz and will have to rebook and hope the same category is available. I have done this in the past as well without a problem, but this year feels different with rooms sold out already!

If you booked through Disney they will apply the discount to your current reservation. You just need to call. :)

Don't mean to question you here but this isn't necessarily true. Disney's standard "The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited" disclaimer always applies to any promotion or discount offer. Just because you have a reservation booked through Disney does not automatically mean that a discount will be available to be applied to that reservation.

It's possible and sometimes likely (depending on time of year, inventory of whatever room category is in question, popularity of the room/view category, etc), but definitely not guaranteed.

If you have a resort-only reservation, you can change the reservation online or call, if a discount is available to be applied.

@buzz1fan - I'd be a little worried that if there's no rack-rate availability now, then the availability of a discount could be limited, but you just never know until they come out.

You may be right about that but I also think there will be people who cancel their vacation if no discounts are released. I know that I am one of them for sure

Don't mean to question you here but this isn't necessarily true. Disney's standard "The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited" disclaimer always applies to any promotion or discount offer. Just because you have a reservation booked through Disney does not automatically mean that a discount will be available to be applied to that reservation.

It's possible and sometimes likely (depending on time of year, inventory of whatever room category is in question, popularity of the room/view category, etc), but definitely not guaranteed.

If you have a resort-only reservation, you can change the reservation online or call, if a discount is available to be applied.

@buzz1fan - I'd be a little worried that if there's no rack-rate availability now, then the availability of a discount could be limited, but you just never know until they come out.

Oops, guess I misspoke a bit. Sorry about that. Thanks for the clarification. Of course, it can only be applied if applicable to your room type and availability. Certainly makes sense.
Actually, I suppose this is one reason I did book with an Orbitz code since I knew from these boards that POR was getting full and standard rooms became unavailable for my dates. So, for now I have a RR booked with Orbitz discount. I figure if no discount comes from Disney at least its something. Just wish I hadn't waited and lost out on a standard room. I am guessing that more people are booking POR due to construction at CBR and CSR, but also there is Pandora. I did find a couple of years ago that when the discounts came out, some room types opened up. Perhaps due to people moving to a more preferred room or resort with the discounts. But, I know I rebooked a couple of times and saved quite a bit. Still hopeful...

Well there were many years the discounts did not come out until April and there is an AP rate that expires then so I have feeling we are waiting to at least then. I'm on the edge of my seat!

It's Saturday morning Diser's...............I'm up at 7:00am..................NOTHING! The stakeout continues........................................... o_O

Doug :goofy:

As I'm hoping for discounts to be released for late June, I'm wondering.... Do you usually wait til they discount your planned dates and then make your reservations, or do you book your dates before they release a discount and then call to apply the discount when they are released?

I should be able to remember this from prior years' stakeouts, but can't. Do the discounts show up online at 6 or 7 am est?

There is a summer discount up this morning. Book through JULY 14. Travel May 28-August 31. 25 %.

Sorry I'm trying to book so being brief.

hooray! summer discounts are out! I was just able to update my YC reservation online to get the summer promo of 25% off. I will take it! happy Monday everyone! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter