June 2017 Discounts

Usually these types of discount threads are just bursting when the discounts are released and this time everyone seems to be unusually quiet. I think because the discounts aren't great and people are unimpressed.
They are definitely less impressive/less inclusive than in years past - unfortunately.

This is how it was for the late spring ones that went to June 10th, as well. I think bookings are up from last year so there is no need for as many or as much of a discount. There was no Disney VISA for late spring or summer apparently, which is interesting to me. I'm glad we rented points this year. We will either continue to do that, do the special agency, or buy into DVC for our next trips in 2019 and 2020.

This is how it was for the late spring ones that went to June 10th, as well. I think bookings are up from last year so there is no need for as many or as much of a discount.

I very much agree with this. Just from my layman's observation of deluxe availability at various points during the summer and the hit/miss availability of these discounts, it sure seems that way.

I booked my room a while back with the free quick service dining for value resorts- one quick service meal per person per day. Which is great. However, the 17 year old daughter doesn’t eat a lot and was hoping for a discount that would possibly be a better deal for our family. Glad I had gone ahead and applied the quick service meal. I priced out the summer deals for our stay... one was actually more than my original price (not sure how that happened unless resort prices went up pretty recently) and the other summer deal would save a whopping $60.
So I then started looking at moderate resorts to see if I could get something there with maybe a deeper discount for about the same as my value package..... unfortunately no standard rooms available at the moderates- only like the princess and pirate rooms and things like that- which of course are higher priced so no, those are a good bit more even with the discount.

I am happy with our free quick service plan, I was just hoping to get something a little deeper that would be more cost efficient for our family. In the past- we got pretty deep summer discounts (a few years ago). I’m guessing bookings are up for the summer with Pandora opening.....

Just a heads up for anyone who was wondering, Orbitz finally has the discounted rates on their site so I was able to book through them and add an additional 15% off with the code EXPLOREMORE.

Just a heads up for anyone who was wondering, Orbitz finally has the discounted rates on their site so I was able to book through them and add an additional 15% off with the code EXPLOREMORE.

I just looked into Orbitz for the first time and the rate for our June trip is cheaper then what I am paying with the discount through Disney. But my question is when you book through Orbitz do you get a Disney confirmation number to put into MDE?? How does that part work?? Can I still do my FP 60 days out??

I just looked into Orbitz for the first time and the rate for our June trip is cheaper then what I am paying with the discount through Disney. But my question is when you book through Orbitz do you get a Disney confirmation number to put into MDE?? How does that part work?? Can I still do my FP 60 days out??

I just came on here to say the discounts were out for POR on Orbitz finally, however they were charging me an additonal person fee for my kids, which they did not for my AKL booking 2 days ago. So, I booked for just 2 and I am going to call Disney directly to add my kids. I had to do that with Universal resorts before since they do charge there. I found the site is a bit glitchy right now so I grabbed the savings while I could. I have not received email confirmation yet though which is a bit strange. I canceled my original reservation and didn't get that email yet either. I think the site is just updating or something like that.

To answer your question: Yes you can put it into MDE and you can get FP at 60 days, but you do have to call Orbitz for a Disney reservation number to do that. It is a bit of a pain, but worth the savings I think! And once you link it it MDE then you will still get magic bands, etc... I booked this way 2 years ago and it worked out great. You can even do online check in.

I just came on here to say the discounts were out for POR on Orbitz finally, however they were charging me an additonal person fee for my kids, which they did not for my AKL booking 2 days ago. So, I booked for just 2 and I am going to call Disney directly to add my kids. I had to do that with Universal resorts before since they do charge there. I found the site is a bit glitchy right now so I grabbed the savings while I could. I have not received email confirmation yet though which is a bit strange. I canceled my original reservation and didn't get that email yet either. I think the site is just updating or something like that.

To answer your question: Yes you can put it into MDE and you can get FP at 60 days, but you do have to call Orbitz for a Disney reservation number to do that. It is a bit of a pain, but worth the savings I think! And once you link it it MDE then you will still get magic bands, etc... I booked this way 2 years ago and it worked out great. You can even do online check in.

I also cancelled my original reservation with Disney directly and haven't gotten the cancellation email yet. Nor have I gotten the confirmation from Orbitz yet. I'm not worried....yet.

Question for those who are familiar with Orbitz... It seems like the 15% discount only goes up to a maximum amount of $200 per booking (they do allow you to make two bookings however. although this seems rather odd). So if you make two bookings is it possible that we would have to switch rooms (due to the two reservations) or would I be able to call Disney and have them "linked" together somehow? TIA

Last edited:
I've been playing around with my dates, not that I can change them because I have my flights already, but if I could go two days later and stay two days longer, I'd save $500. Who would have thought that a Wednesday and Thursday night would be the issue. Arghhhhhh There must be some kind of convention at CSR those nights because there is no availability on those nights.

Question for those who are familiar with Orbitz... It seems like the 15% discount only goes up to a maximum amount of $200 per booking (they do allow you to make two bookings however. although this seems rather odd). So if you make two bookings is it possible that we would have to switch rooms (due to the two reservations) or would I be able to call Disney and have them "linked" together somehow? TIA
I broke up a stay at the same resort last year, to avoid maxing out at $200. I called and talked to someone at Orbitz, and they were able to link my two reservations together in their system. Disney couldn't do it because the "travel agency" (aka Orbitz) controlled my reservation. But, I did call Disney and had them note it in their system. It worked, and I got to stay in the same room.

I've been playing around with my dates, not that I can change them because I have my flights already, but if I could go two days later and stay two days longer, I'd save $500. Who would have thought that a Wednesday and Thursday night would be the issue. Arghhhhhh There must be some kind of convention at CSR those nights because there is no availability on those nights.

We had sort of a strange (to me) thing happen with this. We had booked a split stay this summer --- 7/28-8/1 at Pop, and 8/1-8/5 at CR. When the discounts came out, we tried to rebook --- no problem at Pop, but no discounted rooms came up at CR (other than club level, which is a lot more) for our dates. We played around with the dates, and found that if we moved it back and booked CR for 5 nights (7/31-8/5) we got a discounted rate for all five nights. We ended up booking that, so now we have 3 days at Pop and 5 at CR) for less than our original reservation (4 nights at each). I'm not complaining, but it makes no sense to me!

I broke up a stay at the same resort last year, to avoid maxing out at $200. I called and talked to someone at Orbitz, and they were able to link my two reservations together in their system. Disney couldn't do it because the "travel agency" (aka Orbitz) controlled my reservation. But, I did call Disney and had them note it in their system. It worked, and I got to stay in the same room.

thank you for your response!

We had sort of a strange (to me) thing happen with this. We had booked a split stay this summer --- 7/28-8/1 at Pop, and 8/1-8/5 at CR. When the discounts came out, we tried to rebook --- no problem at Pop, but no discounted rooms came up at CR (other than club level, which is a lot more) for our dates. We played around with the dates, and found that if we moved it back and booked CR for 5 nights (7/31-8/5) we got a discounted rate for all five nights. We ended up booking that, so now we have 3 days at Pop and 5 at CR) for less than our original reservation (4 nights at each). I'm not complaining, but it makes no sense to me!

Disney makes no sense at times. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Wish I could pick up those two nights. :guilty::guilty::guilty:

THIS!! Why did I never think of trying this??? Great idea. So, you had 2 different reservation numbers correct? And you had to call Orbitz to get a
Disney reservation number for each of them also? Hmmm....I might just have to start playing around with reservations again. Although, I may have to wait for a new code since I have used "exploremore" twice now.

Seems to be a bunch of ways to get discounts here. :) I'm not usually going to Orbitz because they require payment in full (Is that still true?). Recently we've been "renting" DVC points which has netted us huge (40-45%) discounts on rooms........that only requires 1/2 up front........but planning must be done a year in advance. For our June trip I'm hoping to get the AP discount.............which I'm stalking each morning. It won't be that much bigger than the discount I got on Monday.........maybe 10% more if we're lucky. But..........savings is savings :P

Doug :goofy:

THIS!! Why did I never think of trying this??? Great idea. So, you had 2 different reservation numbers correct? And you had to call Orbitz to get a
Disney reservation number for each of them also?
Hmmm....I might just have to start playing around with reservations again. Although, I may have to wait for a new code since I have used "exploremore" twice now.
Right. I made one reservation at POR, and then immediately made another one to start the day the first ended. Then, I got the reservation numbers from Prbitz and linked them in MDE. After that, I called Orbitz and asked them to link the reservations. That took a couple of times, as the first person clearly didn't understand what I was asking, so I just hung up and tried again. I also physically checked in at the resort, so I could mention it then as well. They were able to tell me at check in that I would be able to keep the same room.

The discount stalk is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I've already got the regular discount on my both portions of our WL/PoP split stay at the end of June. Unfortunately to get the WL portion I had to "upgrade" to a courtyard bunk bed room..........ick o_O. My current discount stalking is looking for AP discounts. This morning I did my normal review and what to my surprise..........a "courtyard" view room (previously unavailable) has become available.....:worship:....and will save an additional $60 on our reservation!!!!:-). Our savings is now up to $180 on the WL portion of the resi..........add the $100 we're saving on the PoP side...........and I'm happy! Now lets see what happens when the AP discounts arrive...........will we have to go back to the CYBB room :(...............will we get any additional discount:oops:?

For me this is now fun...........attempting to squeeze every extra dollar I can out of our trip costs.........................yeah I'm a bit out there too8-)

Happy Discount hunting Dis'ers!

Doug :goofy:

I am super confused about changing my reservation. I have the summer discount on a room for 6 nights in June. I need to change it to 5 nights, but when I try to do that the summer rate is taken away. It allows me to increase my reservation by 1 night while keeping the summer rate, but not reduce my trip by 1 night. Has anyone heard of not being able to keep a discount while taking 1 night off of your trip??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter