June 2012 code watch?

I haven't decided exactly when I want to go next year, but the first week of June is a big possibility. I am definitely on the lookout for a good June discount! This year we went in May. I made my reservation in October without a discount. If I recall corretly, the public discounts came out in December and I had that discount applied to my reservation. This was the first time I booked without a pin.

Yes, it was late in December 2010, that a general room code discount came out for at least some of June. I booked under that for our June 6-20, 2011 trip and am hoping like crazy they do that again this year (release something for June sometime this year). I think I got 25% off POR under that discount and then was able to get the fd pin which was even better.

It would be so nice if some sort of gp offer for June would come out soon. The though of paying rack rate makes me waffly on going at all.

Already booked awesome airfare and now waiting and hoping for a package deal for Saturday, June 16th to Saturday, June 23rd!

Thinking about going late June. Is this time of year as bad as August heatwise?

Thinking about going late June. Is this time of year as bad as August heatwise?

Sort of. It is crazy hot and humid but it rains a little less in June than August. In August you are pretty much guaranteed an hour or so of rain in the late afternoon. In our 3 trips in early June, rain has been VERY minimal (didn't have any in our 8 day stay last year).

We are planning on June 9-16. May be renting BCV but would love free dining. What dates in June did the free dining run previously? Also what other kinds of deals have been offered in June and what were the dates of those deals?

Sort of. It is crazy hot and humid but it rains a little less in June than August. In August you are pretty much guaranteed an hour or so of rain in the late afternoon. In our 3 trips in early June, rain has been VERY minimal (didn't have any in our 8 day stay last year).

Ok thanks. We did go late June several years ago, and I remember it being pretty warm at 8am. We were going to go this August but so many people told me it would be unbearably hot I changed my mind. Hard to plan around school vacations and still miss the heat!

We are going June 8-15 and am really hoping for a discount, that would mean more money to spend at Disney!! If not who cares, we're at Disney right?

Our 10th anniversary is June 22, and I am considering surprising my husband with a quick long-weekend type trip. We really aren't planning another big trip until August 2013...but I don't think we are going to be able to survive that long without a quick Disney fix! Plus we'll have a 4 1/2 month old baby at home (in addition to a 8 and 4 year old) that we won't want to be away from for long.

If we do attempt it, it would have to be a great deal, which I'm not real sure how realistic that is in late-June.

But...joining this thread just incase!

Also looking for first week of june discounts... We want to go during SWW...

I am starting my search for a great rate at a WDW resort for base camp. We want to visit Universal & Legoland & a few days at WDW if we can. But we love the WDW resorts so much we still want to stay at WDW resort(leaning towards POR). Our week should be June 8th-16th. So a room only rate would be awesome. If not A WDW resort looking at Holiday Inn at DTD, maybe Sheraton Safari(because they are in the middle of a large renovation which will be finished in Jan. 2012) or I have seen great rates on the Doubletree International Drive near SW.:woohoo::wizard:

Hey! We are there the same days and doing the same thing!
We will be arriving on the 7th and departing on the 16th... I am hoping for 4 days at Disney, 1 day at Legoland and a couple of days at Universal.

I know there are perks to staying on Universal property,but I really don't want to switch hotels... anyone stayed at Disney the whole time, but visited other parks?

Hey! We are there the same days and doing the same thing!
We will be arriving on the 7th and departing on the 16th... I am hoping for 4 days at Disney, 1 day at Legoland and a couple of days at Universal.

I know there are perks to staying on Universal property,but I really don't want to switch hotels... anyone stayed at Disney the whole time, but visited other parks?

We have stayed at Disney the whole time and visited Universal and Sea World, and we have done a few split stays between Disney and Universal. I would recommend the split stay a million times over. The perks for staying at a Universal hotel are way better than the Disney onsite perks and are especially important during the summer. The Universal hotels are all 4 star hotels but are generally priced much less than the Disney deluxes.

I love staying onsite at Disney and wouldn't do Disney any other way, but we also wouldn't do Universal any way except staying onsite.

Thanks for the advice... off to google! Any suggestions for Universal hotels?

There are three. The Royal Pacific is closest to Islands of Adventure, has a tropical theme and is usually priced the lowest. It has a great pool but not a slide (but you can pool hop at Universal). You can walk to the parks (about 10 minutes to Islands of Adventure) or take a boat.

Hard Rock Hotel is located closest to Universal Studios. The rooms are a bit bigger and the hotel and pool have a very cool vibe. We pool hopped here in June and DD12 wants to stay there next time.

Portofino Bay is the third hotel. The rooms are the largest, and it tends to be the most expensive (but sometimes Hard Rock is more because it is smaller). This is DH's favorite resort in Orlando. It has an Italian theme and is very relaxing. You can still walk to the parks, but it is farther away from the parks than the other hotels (about a 20 minute walk). We usually took the boat, but we walked sometimes in the mornings.

The Universal hotels usually offer great AAA rates, but you have to call - you can't book the AAA rate online. I bought an AP last year since the AP hotel rates are so good, then talked DH into another trip this summer. ;) You can check AP rates online using code APH to see if it is worth it for your dates, but you need to show your AP during your stay. Universal APs are about $250, so if you were planning to stay a few days and buy 3 or 4 day tickets, the AP might make sense if you can get an AP rate for the room. We saved money by upgrading one ticket to an AP for a three night stay last summer, then saved again by going this summer.

Just in case you don't know, onsite guests have unlimited express access to all but three rides (Rip Ride Rocket, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, and Pteranadon Flyers) - think of unlimited fastpasses all day long. Last year and this year, onsite guests got into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter one hour earlier than everyone else. I don't know if they will extend that perk to 2012, but I am guessing that they will open the express line for Harry Potter if they eliminate early entry as a perk.

We have 10% for POFQ - moderate- for June 2012
saved about $260 for 10 nights :goodvibes

Where did you get the 10% off from. We are book for June 2012 as well at POFQ. We are trying to find a good discount too.

Tks
GusGus76:wizard: DD:cool1: DS pirate: DGMA::cutie:

1977-CR
1978-@our house
1979-Holiday Inn
1982-CR
1984-Tree Houses
1986-Cabins FWL
1989-CBR
2010-AKL Jambo House

Where did you get the 10% off from. We are book for June 2012 as well at POFQ. We are trying to find a good discount too.

Tks
GusGus76:wizard: DD:cool1: DS pirate: DGMA::cutie:

1977-CR
1978-@our house
1979-Holiday Inn
1982-CR
1984-Tree Houses
1986-Cabins FWL
1989-CBR
2010-AKL Jambo House

Hi there, I have not posted in here for quite a while, and would LOVE an answer as well to the question above!! This is why I love these boards SOO MUCH!!:banana:

Good luck to all you June hopefuls! I decided to go ahead and book a spring break trip since ours coincides with the general public fd offer that is out right now. I just couldn't chance not getting a discount for June even though I am just certain one will come out.

I sure hope all of you get what you need to make your trips financially what you need/want them to be!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter