June 2012 Car Rental Discounts/Codes

phillyteamhater

Mouseketeer
Hi new to forum and not sure if this thread has been started or not, couldn't find one. Renting a car from June 18-25 best price so far thru AAA for Fox(offsite) but has free shuttle, (never heard of them before), is $214, saw on mousesavers about codes and discounts for car rentals, when do such codes/coupons/discounts come out for June 2012 and how far in advance should you book a rental car. We just want basic economy size car as it is for 2 adults. Thanks

Hi new to forum and not sure if this thread has been started or not, couldn't find one. Renting a car from June 18-25 best price so far thru AAA for Fox(offsite) but has free shuttle, (never heard of them before), is $214, saw on mousesavers about codes and discounts for car rentals, when do such codes/coupons/discounts come out for June 2012 and how far in advance should you book a rental car. We just want basic economy size car as it is for 2 adults. Thanks

I'm in Canada but on expedia.ca there is a prepaid rate with Budget for a compact for $134.29CAN inc taxes. You can just input your US address on there I'm pretty sure.

I'm in Canada but on expedia.ca there is a prepaid rate with Budget for a compact for $134.29CAN inc taxes. You can just input your US address on there I'm pretty sure.

Booked the car thinking taxes included but that must only be for Canada residents, when I got the email with confirmation it said not included so I cancelled the reservation because that wouldn't be saving me that much I don't think, not sure how much would get added on. Thanks for the suggestion though but I guess it doesn't work out same for US residents.

I have had good luck booking with the discount you get thru the Orlando Magicard thru Thrify that is posted on mousesavers. Plus the Magicard is free. Hope that helps!!

Thanks did the pricing with that discount but wasn't any cheaper than using AAA for Fox. But it was worth a shot. Thanks

Current discounts for rentals are mostly through the end of February right now. From all that I've read, the best time to check for rental prices is about 3 months before you want to rent up until about 3 weeks. It's a little early yet. Start looking in earnest in March. No harm in having a reservation now just in case prices shoot way up, but make sure it can be cancelled without penalty because prices will likely drop in a few months.

Current discounts for rentals are mostly through the end of February right now. From all that I've read, the best time to check for rental prices is about 3 months before you want to rent up until about 3 weeks. It's a little early yet. Start looking in earnest in March. No harm in having a reservation now just in case prices shoot way up, but make sure it can be cancelled without penalty because prices will likely drop in a few months.

Thanks! that's what I will probably do.

I rented my car thru my credit card with points for 10 days in June it's ended up being around $218.46 including taxes.... a lot of car rental companies are currently averaging over 400 for 10 days.... if you have a CC with points available take a look and see
Pricing
Rental

Subtotal: $154.51
Taxes and Fees: $63.95
Total: $218.46
21,846 MILES

:yay:

So far, I have dollar booked. But, am still looking around.
June 17-26th.
Full size
319.00 with taxes.
City special rate.

I just booked June 18-24 with the Avis code in another thread (that thread is still on the first page, I just don't have a link for it at the moment). It won't help the OP but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

It was $229 with taxes for a Chevy Equinox SUV, or would be $219 for a Ford Escape. But I used a $30 Entertainment Book coupon, which will bring my total down to $199.

I'll keep watching for a better deal, but I'm pretty happy with that rate for the Equinox.

I found a good Budget deal today. Rented a mid-size suv (Ford Escape) for $202 incl taxes for June 9 - 16th. I found it through car rental savers. The code is Budget BCD D454301. Looked like there were other good Budget discounts on many types of vehicles. Definitely worth checking into.

Figured I'd book this now and keep looking to see if anything cheaper comes up between now and then. For now, pretty happy with this price.

I also booked thru Budget for the last week of June for a minivan using code BCD X474200 and my total for 7 days is 302.84! Give it a try since it would be even cheaper for a small car.

I wish I would have realized that adding an extra day to our trip would mean our car rental rates would be sky high. Two great coupons have been released and both are 14 day maximum. I need to rent for 15 days. I really don't want to mess with returning and then doing another rental either. So far the best rate I've found is through National, but I'm hoping it will drop some as we get closer (oh, and we need at least an SUV which doesn't make this any easier).

thanks DGR1973 for that Budget code! :thumbsup2 You just saved me over $200 on our rental for our trip in June :cool1:

Helping a friend plan a Disney trip in June. Found a great rate at Budget, but car must be picked up by June 15th. So I know this will not be good for everyone.

With code D454300 (on the Budget site) you can get a regular suv for $225 a week with taxes or an elite suv for $237 with taxes. I thought that was a really good deal.

Hope that helps someone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter