• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jumping, Dancing & Jamming Our Way Through Walt Disney World! I'm With the Band Now!

UGH..I hate being so far behind!

So sorry to hear about your aunt. I will keep the family in my prayers in this difficult time. I hope they can use the time they have to cherish her and love on her!

I love MK late at night! I would have stayed as long as I could as well! Love the purple castle pics..so pretty!

BOOO....I hate packing up and leaving day. :sad:

Lisa, So sorry about your aunt. My prayers go out to your family.
Cancer is a horrible thing, I have lost many of my family to cancer or cancer related illness. My friend was diagnosed last Sept. with cancer, it was caught early enough that with treatment she was diagnosed cured at the end of Jan. only to find out her mother had incurable cancer and she passed away Friday.
May the Lord be with your aunt and family at this time. God Bless!:hug:

I was a ways back and just read about your Aunt. I'm so sorry Lisa, that is difficult - but at least you can have some peace knowing she will soon be in heaven without pain! I will keep your whole family in my prayers.

I'm glad I made it back, just in time to see the drive home! You guys sure had a great last day-squeaking out every last minute! :thumbsup2 I look forward to being able to stay out that late with Henry when he's older, it will be a blast!

I was a ways back and just read about your Aunt. I'm so sorry Lisa, that is difficult - but at least you can have some peace knowing she will soon be in heaven without pain! I will keep your whole family in my prayers.

I'm glad I made it back, just in time to see the drive home! You guys sure had a great last day-squeaking out every last minute! :thumbsup2 I look forward to being able to stay out that late with Henry when he's older, it will be a blast!

Lisa, So sorry about your aunt. My prayers go out to your family.
Cancer is a horrible thing, I have lost many of my family to cancer or cancer related illness. My friend was diagnosed last Sept. with cancer, it was caught early enough that with treatment she was diagnosed cured at the end of Jan. only to find out her mother had incurable cancer and she passed away Friday.
May the Lord be with your aunt and family at this time. God Bless!:hug:

UGH..I hate being so far behind!

So sorry to hear about your aunt. I will keep the family in my prayers in this difficult time. I hope they can use the time they have to cherish her and love on her!

I love MK late at night! I would have stayed as long as I could as well! Love the purple castle pics..so pretty!

BOOO....I hate packing up and leaving day.

HI Lisa,
Thak you for writing this wonderful report! I can't imagine all the work that goes into it....your reports are great! you do such a good job telling us about your adventures and I always pick up something that I never knew before!

Can't wait to read your next TR!

WEll I'm depressed now. LOL! it won't be long though and we'll be reading about your NEW adventures! I can't wait!

Leaving is so hard, isn't it? Sorry to see your TR come to a close, but I know your next trip is just around the corner.

Those pictures of everyone sleeping are freaking hysterical! Seriously, you could not have captured them any better.

Thanks for posting pictures of the ride home. I really do enjoy seeing pictures from areas of the country I have never been. Even the non-descript pictures are fun! I'm glad you had an uneventful ride home!

finally caught up and it's over! in no particular order...

thank you for the Snow White Scary Adventure pics! I won't get to visit her again so I really loved seeing them.

I am so sorry about your aunt but understand where she's coming from, she is blessed to have all of you with her during this.

The sleeping gang in the car cracks me up, they really know how to just conk out don't they!

Sorry it's over but what a fun ride :)

Its so hard to make myself leave on the last day. When I go with River's father I have to leave when he says because he does all the driving. But when I go with River and my mom I seem to leave about 5 hours later then I planned because I can't make myself leave the resort. Its so hard knowing you have to go back to the real world.

Lisa, I just read about your aunt. I am so sorry to hear that and I will be praying for your family.

I know this moment, and that feeling of knowing that you are leaving while all those people are about to go to some park and have a Magical day.

I'm glad your trip back was uneventful!

Departure day is always so sad and it is even worse making that 10 million mile drive from Lake City to Pensacola! Ugh! So long and boring!! It's is sad to see this TR come to and end but that just means a new one will soon be beginning!!!!

Aww...I'm so sad that your TR is over! I really enjoyed following along!!

Looking forward to hearing all about your next trip!! Not too much longer now....:yay::yay:

Ahhh, the end of an era...I mean the end of your fabulous TR. :sad1: You have a new trip to look forward to, and we have another TR to look forward to!

I am just quietly reading along, loving every post of your TR (haven't even made it to the wedding pics yet, and have been skipping the inbetween just to enjoy your trip) but just could not resist commenting & quoting on your "groupie" afternoon. :goodvibes:cool1: LOVE LOVE LOVE the interaction and the fun that your whole family has and especially how into the moment you are. AWESOME Wish I had been there!

(and now you know how far back I still am! :eek:)

Awww. I hate seeing the end of your trip report. But you'll have a new one soon!! Woo Hooo!!!!!

I wanted to jump in and say how much I've enjoyed reading your TR, and can't wait to hear about your family's next adventure!

great trip. :) Can't wait to hear about the next one

:( Booo, sad to see the end of this trip! I've had so much fun following along! But I'll console myself with the knowledge that your next trip is a month away and we'll have just as much fun with that TR too!

Oh, and the way John was sleeping in the van on the way home, so uncomfortable to look at! My leg would have fallen asleep and fell off!

As sad as I am to see your TR end, I'm really looking forward to reading all about the cruise you'll be taking real soon!

Awwww I'm sorry to see your TR come to an end!!! I really enjoyed reading along!!

Glad that the van stayed on good behavior for your trip home! :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about your aunt. Sounds like she is very much at peace with her decision, though. My aunt died in January - three weeks after being diagnosed with her cancer. She was an incredible, giving lady, and she is missed so much by all who loved her. She has gone on to her reward, though, and that is some comfort to us as we grieve. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers in the days ahead.

I very much enjoyed the CBR pictures, as that is a resort I have visited many times but have not gotten to stay at yet. Thanks for sharing your trip fun!

I can't beleive it has been almost a year since your trip. Thanks for a great report...it makes me feel like I am at DW and less homesick between our trips. i have said it before but I think you should make a book of all your TR anfd publish it...I would definitely buy it!

On one of the rest stop photos I noticed a Mickey head on the car antenna. At least a little piece of Mickey was coming home with y'all.

Oh no. The dreaded end of the trip. :sad2: That's the only bad thing about a WDW vacation. :sad1:

Your sleeping in the car pics gave me a chuckle. I so wish I could do that. I just don't trust anyone else to drive while I sleep. :rolleyes: None of them seemed to have that issue though. :)

Hate to see it end, but I know the next adventure will be even better! ;)

Hopefully soon I will hear if we have a chance of living along your route home…. :littleangel:

Glad you had an uneventful drive home!!!

UGH!!! I hate leaving Disney!!! It's so hard to leave! Well, pretty soon you will be arriving in Disney!!! Yay!!!!

I only have a minute or two to respond because we have a conference call with three attorneys and two Judges coming up in just a minute. So, I'll just make one big response.

Thanks to all of you who have said prayers for my aunt. She is doing as well as can be expected but had to leave church Sunday because she was in so much pain. Continued prayers for her and her family are appreciated. :cloud9:

Yes, I always hate that last day at Disney and the feeling of doom and gloom that comes with packing the car and driving away from the most magical place on Earth. I see all the cars going towards Disney and I'm leaving and it makes me sad. :sad1: But, at least I know that we are going back very soon.

For those of you who haven't joined me on my pre-trip report, I hope that you'll come on over and have a look see at our plans. The link is in my signature below.

**On a real life update: Yesterday, Hunter attended an orientation at the high school he will be attending next year. There was a parent meeting on Monday and John and I couldn't believe how much the high school had changed not only since we went to school there but also since Lacey graduated. They now have their own fully functioning bank, courtroom, culinary arts class, robotics facility and science lab right there on campus. We were amazed at the courses they are now offering. The principal said they were expecting 1,900 students for the upcoming school year with approximately 600 of those being Freshman.

Hunter was a little intimidated by the size of the school but is also excited. The things that we have been saying to him like "high school coaches and teachers are already watching you even though you're in middle school" now make sense to him. Funny how we can say that and it goes in one ear and out the other but a new school principal can say it and it's the gospel. :rotfl:

Anyway, I need to get the paperwork in front of my boss for his conference call. I hope to post the "highs and lows" of the trip soon.

I really hate that dang (I'd like to say a harsher word) "See You Real Soon" sign!!! I know I'm supposed to say "Yes! Yes, I will see you real soon!" but all it makes me think is "I can't believe it's over."

I remember sitting at Downtown Disney the morning we were leaving on my first trip to WDW, crying. DH still makes fun of me, but at that time, I really thought that it was a once in a lifetime trip and I was hooked. Now, I'm still sad to leave, but I know it really is a "See You Real Soon" because we probably already have another trip in the plans.

That high school sounds awesome! Huge, but awesome! I'm jealous.

I really hate that dang (I'd like to say a harsher word) "See You Real Soon" sign!!! I know I'm supposed to say "Yes! Yes, I will see you real soon!" but all it makes me think is "I can't believe it's over."

I remember sitting at Downtown Disney the morning we were leaving on my first trip to WDW, crying. DH still makes fun of me, but at that time, I really thought that it was a once in a lifetime trip and I was hooked. Now, I'm still sad to leave, but I know it really is a "See You Real Soon" because we probably already have another trip in the plans.

That high school sounds awesome! Huge, but awesome! I'm jealous.

Yeah, I can think of a few words for that "see you real soon" sign too. :rolleyes1

Oh bless your Southern heart. Tell your hubby to stop picking on you for crying. I've done a bit of that before myself.

Hunter's words to describe the school...."freakin' awesome and scary". :rotfl:

I'm sorry to hear your aunt is in pain. I will keep her in my thoughts to be as little pain as possible.

It sounds like Hunter will be going to a great school!

John and I couldn't believe how much the high school had changed not only since we went to school there but also since Lacey graduated. They now have their own fully functioning bank, courtroom, culinary arts class, robotics facility and science lab right there on campus. We were amazed at the courses they are now offering. The principal said they were expecting 1,900 students for the upcoming school year with approximately 600 of those being Freshman.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

WOW! Sounds like a ton of opportunities at that high school! I'm sure he'll find his routine quickly and forget a bit about the size of it all!

:wave2: i would just like to say that i read all of your trip reports & just wanted to thank u for taking the time to write them for us to enjoy! i love that u go into so much detail, it really helps with the disney withdrawal :rotfl: o & i'm from pensacola, florida so i always look to see if u post any pictures from our area when u drive through haha well anyways just wanted to say hi & thanks for making me feel like i'm there!
i also wanted to send my prayers your family's way. so sorry to hear about your aunt. God bless

Hunter's start of high school sounds very exciting. It sounds like a wonderful facility.

Didn't realize you were doing a PTR. You must be so excited with your trip being just weeks away.

Looking forward to the highs & lows!

Hate departure day with a passion.

Prayers being said for your aunt.

I cannot believe Hunter starts high school!

Hate departure day with a passion.

Prayers being said for your aunt.

I cannot believe Hunter starts high school!

Thanks for the prayers Kathy. She is having a pretty rough time right now.

I can't believe that Hunter's starting high school either. Guess what they sent home from school yesterday? Applications for driver's ed!

Hunter's start of high school sounds very exciting. It sounds like a wonderful facility.

Didn't realize you were doing a PTR. You must be so excited with your trip being just weeks away.

Looking forward to the highs & lows!

I couldn't believe how much the high school had grown and can see how it would be overwhelming for the Freshman. He's excited about going into high school.

:wave2: i would just like to say that i read all of your trip reports & just wanted to thank u for taking the time to write them for us to enjoy! i love that u go into so much detail, it really helps with the disney withdrawal :rotfl: o & i'm from pensacola, florida so i always look to see if u post any pictures from our area when u drive through haha well anyways just wanted to say hi & thanks for making me feel like i'm there!
i also wanted to send my prayers your family's way. so sorry to hear about your aunt. God bless

Hey! Welcome! I am such a detail oriented person and it's really hard for me to not to write about anything and everything. I'll be heading your way really really soon. I hope you'll come over to my pre-trip report and read about our upcoming plans. The link is in my signature.

Thanks so much for the prayers for my aunt. The last few days have been tough for her.

WOW! Sounds like a ton of opportunities at that high school! I'm sure he'll find his routine quickly and forget a bit about the size of it all!

Hunter went to the school for orientation last week and was so excited about everything. He never meets a stranger so I'm sure he'll make new friends pretty quickly.

I'm sorry to hear your aunt is in pain. I will keep her in my thoughts to be as little pain as possible.

It sounds like Hunter will be going to a great school!

Thank you Kathy!

Hunter is excited about the new school and is already talking about everything he wants to sign up for.

A whole lot of you are subscribers to my pre-trip report but some of you may not be and may be wondering why I haven't updated in a while. I posted a long post on my pre-trip report explaining why I haven't been around and, instead of typing it out all again, I'll just copy and paste it here. Some of the "reasons" for my absense, you already know about but I don't have much time so I'll post it all. Hopefully, I can get my highs and lows written up soon.

Morning everybody! Before I write up my next installment, I wanted to offer an apology to ya'll for not replying to your posts or getting an update done.

We've had a lot going on in the McBride household so I haven't been able to stay on the Dis much. As you can all tell, we're a pretty upbeat family but there's been much heartache over the last few weeks. I'll try to explain it all without being too much of a Debbie Downer. Please indulge me for just a bit.

For those of you who are subscribed to my "Jumping, Dancing..." trip report, you already know about my aunt who was diagnosed with cancer and there's nothing they can do for her other than keep her as pain free as possible. She has been unable to attend church or spend much time with her friends and family like she usually does. She saw the doctor late last week and they have increased her pain meds and given her a B-12 shot to try and keep her energy level up. My mother is trying to deal with it as best as possible but I can tell by her mood and maneurisms that it's hitting her pretty hard so I am trying my best to keep Mama involved in things that we are doing in order to keep her mind occupied.

Last Monday, the Associate Pastor's daughter-in-law (Aly) underwent a double mastecomy. She is just 24 years old and has been battling cancer for 7 months now. On the day of the surgery, I, along with hundreds of others, fasted and prayed for this beautiful young woman. Around 3:00 p.m. or so, we heard the news that the surgery was complete and that the doctors said everything went well. She had all of her breast tissue removed in both breasts, 2 lymph nodes removed on her right side, 17 lymph nodes removed on her left, 5 drains put in under her breasts and armpits, and 2 tissue expanders put behind her chest muscles.

The C word is a word that I wish none of us ever had to go through or speak of but it makes it even harder when you see people that you love and respect battling it. Thankfully, both of these women are strong, Christian women and I believe that their faith will carry them through these hard times.

So, enough about the sad things, let me tell you about Aly's test results. Actually, I won't tell you, I'll simply copy what Aly and her husband, Josh, sent out in an email:

Wow...well today will be another day we will never forget. We just got done meeting with Dr. Litton and as if God needed to prove himself again, He did just that in a huge way. We were waiting for my appointment today, and Dr. Litton and another doctor walked in. She asked us if we had heard our results yet, and we said no. She said ,"Good, I always like to have another doctor with me when I give good results." and I said, "So, it's good?" She said, "No, it's perfect!!!!" All breast tissue and lymph nodes came back completely clear - no evidence of disease- anywhere. She was so shocked and excited, because she rarely gets to give this news. Josh and I are still in awe, although we expected my full healing. Our God is so faithful!! Please praise Him with me today. For all who prayed, fasted, and sought the Lord on my behalf...there are no words!!! At some point, I will have full-body scans to be deemed "cancer-free", but I already know what the scans will show I am just one thankful girl. Psalm 30:2 "O lord my God, I cried out to you, and you healed me!" Thank you for crying out with me!!! Our God is just amazing. I will write more today or tomorrow of details, but wanted to share this amazing news!!!

I would appreciate it if you would remember these families as they go through their fight with the despicable disease. For my aunt, there's nothing that can be done except pray that she spends her last days on this Earth free of pain. For Aly and her husband, even though the results were fantastic, there is still more that they must go through. They are so young and I pray that they have many many cancer free years together.

Okay, moving on to my other excuses for not updating.

1) Hunter is moving into high school next year and John and I had to attend a mandatory parents' meeting at the high school. This is the same high school that John, Lacey and I attended and I couldn't believe how much the school had grown over the years. They have their own fully functioning bank, courtroom, culinary arts department, robotics team, and more right there on campus. I almost fell to the floor when they told us that they expect about 1,900 students this year with approximately 600 of those being freshman. That's a whole lot of kids at one school. But, they do try to keep the freshman classes in one wing and slowly integrate them into the other parts of the school so that they are not overwhelmed making the transition from middle school to high school.

2) Hunter is first chair viola and they had their last strings concert on Monday. It was held at the high school auditorium and they didn't have the air on despite the fact that it was about 85 degrees outside. Put a bunch of bodies into an almost full auditorium and it made for one hot evening.

3) Over the course of the last three weekends, we have worked on getting our garden prepared for planting and actually planted it. It's not a super big garden but it had us working our booties off getting it all done. We have purple and green onions, garlic, about 40 tomato plants, a dozen cantaloupes, a dozen various pepper plants, rows of squash, string beans, butter beans, corn, cucumbers, okra and some kind of funky looking cabbage that I forgot the name of. We also planted a ton of various flower seeds and a row of sunflowers. On the outside three rows, we planted another row of iris bulbs. My mother had these iris growing in various spots around the yard and in the garden and they had multipled so that we made three rows for them in the garden.

4) John has two jobs that he bid on and got. One of them, he finished up over the weekend and the other, we are starting on this evening. The first one was a lot of manual labor and this next one is a lot of tedious work. But, we're going to net a good bit of money from both of them so it's worth the extra "oomph" that we are putting out on them.

In between all that, we've been doing the normal things like running a household, going to work, keeping the yard looking decent. You know...the normal stuff. Oh and Hunter went to Dallas last week on a trip with the orchestra.

Whew! Now ya'll know why I haven't been back to update before now.

Wow you really do have a lot on your plate right now.

Wonderful news for your friend. She is so young and I hope will never have to go through anything like this ever again.

I pray with you that your aunt will live out her last days or weeks pain free. I know that is not an easy thing to watch.

Lisa, you have had your hands full.

As you know, I hate that "C" word a whole lot.

I am keeping all in my prayers.

Wow you really have a lot going on! Again I'm so sorry about your Aunt and I have been keeping her and your family in my thoughts and prayers that she will be as comfortable as possible as she makes this journeyand I know a little about how your mom is feeling, having lost a sister myself.

Awesome news about your friend Aly! The C word definitely stinks and it's so awesome when there can be some good news. My BIL has been battling salivary gland Cancer for a few years now and it had spread to his bones, he had a bunch of lesions all over his body. He has had a couple of courses of Radiation, surgery where they put a Rod in his leg and has been getting a new monthly injection. Well, he just had a scan about a month ago and almost all the Cancer is gone! The few that are there are Much smaller and less active than they were. It was the the week of my MIL's birthday and she said it was the best birthday present ever!!

That garden is keeping you busy, you are growing lots of good things.

Many prayers going out your way, for your family and friends!:hug:

Holy Busy Batman! We have a large high school in the district I work for , but Hunters school is double our size! That's alotta kids!

I would have melted away if I had to sit in and auditorium in such hot weather!:faint: Why no air!!:(

Just think of all the fresh veggies you'll have , YUM!

Hunter went to Dallas! Was that the trip he was in the running for earlier? I hope he had a wonderful time!

Good Luck on the extra jobs!

You have a lot going on!!!

I will continue to pray for your Aunt, and rejoice in Aly's healing!!! I LOVE hearing those wonderful praise reports!!!

I have pictures I need to share of Henry's planting the seeds you sent us, they are already starting to grow! :goodvibes

You definitely have a lot on your plate right now!!! I will definitely be keeping everyone in my thoughts - I'm so happy to hear wonderful news about Aly! :hug:

Hunter's school sounds like it's going to be great! How cool that they have so many programs there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter