• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jumping, Dancing & Jamming Our Way Through Walt Disney World! I'm With the Band Now!

I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt, I will definitely keep her and the rest of your family in my prayers. :littleangel:

I can't say I blame her for deciding not to undergo treatment at this point, it's one thing if it was actually treatable but since they say it won't offer her much, like you said, why spend what time she has left in the hospital and doctor's office?

I am a Home Health/Hospice nurse, I think I have told you that before, and I have seen a lot of what Cancer does to people and a few that decided not to do treatment with that kind of prognosis and let me tell you the quality of life in the last few weeks or months for these people is so much better! They can spend their last times here on earth on their own terms.

I have been on the Dis minimally in the past few days as well, my MIL is in the hospital since Wed night with a GI Bleed/Bleeding stomach ulcer and the blood loss actually caused a mild heart attack, so we are dealing with some stress. Actually this is only one of a list of things recently, she broke her shoulder in January (this Ulcer is actually from all the anti inflamatories they have had her since then...) and we moved in to help her, then when she was just about ready for us to leave I fell and broke a bone in my right hand so I was out of commission for a while (I actually go back to work Monday) then 2 weeks ago right when we thought we could make another attempt to go home my Hubby hurt himself at work and broke his ankle! So we are still with her because she has a one floor house and now the cycle starts again, our family has said we have a black cloud over the house and I tend to agree! LOL :rotfl:

I love your purple castle pics, although I am partial to the color purple! The Sword in the Stone pics turned out good too! Looks like you had fun with that, too bad the Magic didn't happen for you... maybe next time, which I guess is coming up pretty soon. :cool1:

Lisa,

I am probably hopelessly behind on your TR, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your aunt. My thoughts and prayers and with you and your family.

I hope that your aunt stays comfortable and that she seeks the resources of hospice when the time is right. They truly can be invaluable in maximizing her time at home with friends and family. :hug:

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear of your Aunt's sad news. May her faith in God carry her though this time. I will keep her and your whole family in my prayers.

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. I think in her situation I would do the same. Not do any treatment, and just try to enjoy whatever time I have left with my friends and family.

OK, I am gonna duck next time I see you, but I just have to say this.

You were wondering why John had such a strange look on his face?

100_1762.jpg

Well, it is because he looked down and realized he had on the wrong shirt...........ROLL TIDE ROLL............:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:.

OK enough being mean, I love the picture of you on MS!!! Actually I love all the pictures. Do you feel the same tug at your heart when you see pictures of Lacey as I do when I see Amanda? I am happy for her, but it feels strange to know that she isn't my little girl any longer.

I found out last evening that Amanda and Matt can't come with us, Matt has to take two classes this summer semester and they both fall during our trip :sad2: I have to call Disney later today and cancel her room. I am upset, but I know his school comes first.

Yes this is where you definitely need a "LIKE" button!:rotfl2: "Roll Tide Roll"

Yes this is where you definitely need a "LIKE" button!:rotfl2: "Roll Tide Roll"

I've often wished that there were "like" buttons on the Dis.

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. I think in her situation I would do the same. Not do any treatment, and just try to enjoy whatever time I have left with my friends and family.

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear of your Aunt's sad news. May her faith in God carry her though this time. I will keep her and your whole family in my prayers.

Lisa,

I am probably hopelessly behind on your TR, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your aunt. My thoughts and prayers and with you and your family.

I hope that your aunt stays comfortable and that she seeks the resources of hospice when the time is right. They truly can be invaluable in maximizing her time at home with friends and family. :hug:

I'm so so sorry to hear about your aunt! I will be sending lots of good thoughts all of your way! :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thank you all so much! It's such a sad situation but, like my aunt said, she is ready to be with "her Jesus".

I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt, I will definitely keep her and the rest of your family in my prayers. :littleangel:

I can't say I blame her for deciding not to undergo treatment at this point, it's one thing if it was actually treatable but since they say it won't offer her much, like you said, why spend what time she has left in the hospital and doctor's office?

I am a Home Health/Hospice nurse, I think I have told you that before, and I have seen a lot of what Cancer does to people and a few that decided not to do treatment with that kind of prognosis and let me tell you the quality of life in the last few weeks or months for these people is so much better! They can spend their last times here on earth on their own terms.

I have been on the Dis minimally in the past few days as well, my MIL is in the hospital since Wed night with a GI Bleed/Bleeding stomach ulcer and the blood loss actually caused a mild heart attack, so we are dealing with some stress. Actually this is only one of a list of things recently, she broke her shoulder in January (this Ulcer is actually from all the anti inflamatories they have had her since then...) and we moved in to help her, then when she was just about ready for us to leave I fell and broke a bone in my right hand so I was out of commission for a while (I actually go back to work Monday) then 2 weeks ago right when we thought we could make another attempt to go home my Hubby hurt himself at work and broke his ankle! So we are still with her because she has a one floor house and now the cycle starts again, our family has said we have a black cloud over the house and I tend to agree! LOL :rotfl:

I love your purple castle pics, although I am partial to the color purple! The Sword in the Stone pics turned out good too! Looks like you had fun with that, too bad the Magic didn't happen for you... maybe next time, which I guess is coming up pretty soon. :cool1:

Oh my word! You've all been through a lot lately. I will keep you all in my prayers as well.

So sorry to hear about your aunt. My aunt died of lung cancer in 05, she was only 68, but she too decided to skip treatments as quality of life meant more to her than quantity. Breaks my heart to hear your news. I will keep her and your family in my thoughts.

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear the news about your aunt. My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family. You are right....the power of prayer is beyond our understanding! I know this must be very hard on your family..I also know there is peace in knowing the blessed Company that your aunt will be keeping!

Hi Lisa! So sorry to hear about your Aunt. Cancer is such a horrible disease! I have lost so many family & friends recently due to cancer! Glad that your Aunt is at peace with her decision. What a terrible decision to have to make! I'm sure she will spend her last moments on Earth surrounded by all her family & friends! I will be thinking & praying for her & your family during this difficult time! :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear that. :hug: These things are so hard on the family and you will all be in prayers. We just have to remember that it's hard for those left behind, but the one going to be with Jesus is SO much better off than we are here. I thank God for that gift!

So sorry to hear about your aunt, even knowing she's going straight from Earth to Heaven it's hard on the ones left behind. I will be thinking & praying about your aunt, you & your family.

I am very sorry to hear about your aunt. She and your family will be in my prayers.

My boss has been fighting ovarian cancer for a little more than a year now. Her faith and strength has been unreal!! It has truly amazed me! It really makes me stop and think how how would handle it...not so sure I could be as strong but you never know!! She is having treatment though and it has been rough. My grandmother chose no treatment and just enjoy the days God gave her!! Still thinking of you and your family!

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your aunt. She will be in my prayers as well as your whole family. God grant that she goes peacefully.

God bless you all.

Lisa, I am so very sorry to hear about your Aunt. Sending love, hugs and prayers to you and your family. Your faith will comfort all of you and help you get through this very difficult time.

Lisa, so sorry to hear about your Aunt. Will send continued thoughts and prayers to your family. I understand how she feels and believe I would make the same decision. After watching my dad try to fight leukemia and getting so sick and feeling so bad, I think I would rather just take the pain meds and dream of the better place that lies ahead. Please know you will be in my thoughts.

Thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers! As of now, my aunt is doing well physically AND emotionally. As I said before, she is ready to be with "her Jesus" and with the loved ones who have passed before her.

I'm about to write up another trip report installment (they will soon be coming to an end) but, before I do, I wanted to thank each and every one of you for your kind words and the friendships I have made since I began this report. It's amazing to me that something like the Disboards and our love for all things Disney can bring together such a diverse group of individuals. I truly appreciate the friendships that have blossomed because of the Disboards. It's wonderful to know that I (and each of you as well) can come to the boards and speak my mind and share my thoughts and share special family moments and know that there's always a listening ear out there. Thanks again!

Today was THE day. The day that we pack up and leave the wonderful world of Walt Disney World and go back to the plain old drab real life world. As I mentioned waaaay back in my trip report, we did laundry while we were at the CBR and I had some of our detergent left so I told John that I was going to take it to the laundry room and leave it for someone else to use. I had also promised the CBR pic thread that I'd take pictures of the laundry facilities. So, camera in hand, off to the laundry room I went.

One long wall of dryers:

SANY6582.jpg

Washing machines and folding tables:

SANY6581.jpg

Washing machines and change machine on the opposite wall:

SANY6583.jpg

Vending machine:
SANY6584.jpg

A few closeups attempting to show the brands:

SANY6585.jpg

SANY6586.jpg

SANY6587.jpg

The doors of the laundry facility:

SANY6588.jpg

I couldn't leave without taking a picture or two of the Jamaica pool:

SANY6589.jpg

SANY6590.jpg

A few pictures of the landscaping surrounding the Jamaica buildings:

SANY6591.jpg

SANY6592.jpg

SANY6593.jpg

SANY6595.jpg

SANY6608.jpg

When I got back to our room, this is what I saw:

SANY6607.jpg

SANY6603.jpg

Oh no! They were all just about ready to go. I don't wannnnnnna go! I wannnnna stay! John went to get Mama's van to bring it into the circle drive so we could start loading everything in. While he did, I remembered that someone on the CBR thread had asked about how tall the stairs were at the CBR, so I snapped some pictures of them to post on the CBR pic thread.

SANY6600.jpg

SANY6601.jpg

SANY6602.jpg

SANY6599.jpg

**continued in next post

Of course, I couldn't be satisified with just pictures of the stairs and took one of the view from atop the stairs:

SANY6609.jpg

And a picture of the signage and the doors to the ice room/vending machine room:

SANY6610.jpg

SANY6611.jpg

John was back and it was time to start loading 'er up. I don't know about you guys but we usually buy extra stuff and I don't pack our bags quite as neatly going home as I do when we are leaving home. Therefore, our bags seem bulkier and more bumpy and they don't want to go into the vehicle right. I'm thinking they don't want to go home either. Finally, everything was loaded in and it was time to make that last "anybody gotta pee?", "did you check the drawers to make sure we got everything?", "did you get your charger" call. We make the last run through/sweep of the room and we couldn't delay it any longer. It was time to go home. We piled into the van and started out of the parking lot. Just let me snap a picture of the bus stop:

SANY6612.jpg

***Well, photobucket is now acting all wonky so I guess I'll have to stop here.

Leaving is always so hard!! I can definitely understand how you were feeling!:sad2:

Love all your pictures of CBR!! I know I say this all the time but I'm hoping to talk my guys into staying there one of these times!!! As much as I love Pop, I'm ready for a change!:thumbsup2 It looks like such a beautiful resort...so relaxing!!:)

NO!! NO!! NO!!! It can't be over!!!! so sad.....but awesome pictures that I am again "borrowing".....

Thank you so much for sharing your vacation and family with us. :lovestruc

Leaving is always so sad. Ending TR's is sad too, but at least you aren't too far off from your next trip.

Leaving is always so hard!! I can definitely understand how you were feeling!:sad2:

Love all your pictures of CBR!! I know I say this all the time but I'm hoping to talk my guys into staying there one of these times!!! As much as I love Pop, I'm ready for a change!:thumbsup2 It looks like such a beautiful resort...so relaxing!!:)

The CBR is very relaxing and that's one of the reasons we keep going back time and again. It's nice to have a laid back atmosphere to go back to in the evenings after we've spent a day fighting the park crowds.

I really enjoyed reading your trip report. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

You are very welcome! I have at least one more installment to post before I wrap things up.

NO!! NO!! NO!!! It can't be over!!!! so sad.....but awesome pictures that I am again "borrowing".....

Thank you so much for sharing your vacation and family with us. :lovestruc

I know! I don't want it to be over yet either. As I said before, borrow as many pictures as you want.

Leaving is always so sad. Ending TR's is sad too, but at least you aren't too far off from your next trip.

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a Disney vacation in the works already.

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company. M-I-C, (See you real soon) K-E-Y, (Why? Because we like you!) M-O-U-S-E"! I hate saying goodbye to Mickey but that's what we were doing and before we knew it, we were seeing this:

100_2512.jpg

I bet we weren't on the road for longer than twenty minutes before I was looking at:

100_2513.jpg

100_2514.jpg

100_2517.jpg

And the rest of the gang was looking at the backside of their eyelids:

100_2520.jpg

100_2523.jpg

100_2524.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the pictures but I took these by holding my camera over my head and snapping pictures. Gotta love digital cameras. ;) My family would probably beat me about the head and shoulders if they knew I posted those pictures.

We stopped for a potty break somewhere around:

100_2527.jpg

I know it's hard to remember but waaaay back when I started the trip report, you'll recall that we were having issues with Mama's van. The air would quit working but we had it repaired along the way to Disney World. Now, the floor mat on the front passenger side was a bit wet. We assured Mama that it was probably just condensation because it was so hot outside and we had the air conditioner blasting to keep up with the heat. She, as I'm mentioned before, is a worrier to the nth degree and she rubbed on that darn floor mat until almost all the carpet was off.

A few pictures taken at the rest area:

100_2528.jpg

100_2529.jpg

100_2530.jpg

John checkin' under the hood just to make sure everything was working. Poor thing, he's not a car person so even if something was wrong, he would either 1) not realize it, or; 2) have no idea how to fix it. :laughing: But, it made Mama feel good that he was at least looking so he looked a little while and then declare that we were all good.

100_2531.jpg

After walking around for a little bit and stretching our legs, we hopped back in and I took pictures of the water towers to pass the time:

100_2532.jpg

100_2534.jpg

100_2535.jpg

Why in the world would I take pictures of water towers? Because, as you can see from this next picture, what else was there to see? A whole lotta nothing:

100_2536.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we finally made it to Pensacola, Florida where we saw this beauty at the rest area:

100_2538.jpg

Driving over the bay:

100_2540.jpg

**continued in next post

The drive from Pensacola, Florida to Mobile, Alabama didn't take long and we were soon in the hometown of my wonderful Dis friend, racefanof88.

SANY6630.jpg

SANY6626.jpg

SANY6623.jpg

SANY6620.jpg

SANY6637.jpg

SANY6641.jpg

At some point along the way, we stopped for gas and I saw these tire horse swings for sale:

100_2543.jpg

We crossed over into Mississippi a while later:

100_2548.jpg

The sun was starting to set:

100_2549.jpg

100_2551.jpg

Thankfully, the remainder of the drive was uneventful. We arrived back in Louisiana in the wee hours of the morning on Sunday morning. Because it was so late, we decided to get only the necessities from the car and would deal with the unpacking the next morning. However, we couldn't fall into bed without going to see Oddball (our dog) first. We let him out while we got a few things from the van. He was so happy to see us. He was jumping up on all of us and was wagging his tail so hard I thought he was going to knock himself down. We bid him goodnight and we were all in the bed around 2:30 a.m. or so.

**Up next: The highs and lows of the trip

I wanted to jump in and say how much I've enjoyed reading your TR, and can't wait to hear about your family's next adventure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter