July/August Code Watch

dtuleya said:
Somebody obviously isn't feeling the Magic. Wonder how Walt would feel about that (or even their supervisor????) :scratchin

Unfortunately, even companies like Disney are forced to employ these people who hate their jobs and have no interest in helping people like us who want to give them our business. The attitude is much different now than just a few years ago.

Fortunately, when I booked for July last week (still no AP codes :rolleyes: ) the CM was cheerful and friendly. Only 5 months to go...woo-hoo!!!!

....STILL waitin' on a code....I need a DIS vaca BA-A-A-A-A-A-D! :hyper:

Bumping, in hopes that someone has heard about a code for July/August...*sigh*

I called yesterday to pay more off on our room and asked about AP rates for late June. She thought 3 weeks given the last release and the dates.

EEyorelover22 said:
I called yesterday to pay more off on our room and asked about AP rates for late June. She thought 3 weeks given the last release and the dates.

...would that be IN three weeks?? And, does that included July AND August?!?!? :hyper:

That's what I took her answer to mean, but I'm a bit confused on what they will do since the season changes for deluxe hotels on 7/5.

And...to add...my luck has been running bad this spring so I'm planning on paying rack rates and having a dandy time anyway :teeth:

EEyorelover22 said:
...And...to add...my luck has been running bad this spring so I'm planning on paying rack rates and having a dandy time anyway :teeth:

...good for YOU!

Keeping my fingers (and eyes :crazy: ) crossed for some codes....

If there is a code that has special tickets like the last one (free upgrade), can I add this to my reservation at Old Key West where I am renting points? Or am I out of luck since I am renting points?

Thanks.
Maggie

No you can't, but considering how cheap you are getting a villa you are not unlucky at all!

I called Disney Visa yesterday to make a payment, and I mentioned that no new offers or codes have recently come out. Although the woman was very nice, she didn't really know what I was talking about, especially regarding a 'code' [?], and mentioned that there was a mail offere in the January statement, but it was for DL, not WDW....

LakeAriel said:
No you can't, but considering how cheap you are getting a villa you are not unlucky at all!

I know and I am appreciative. I just wondered if there were any benefits to me waiting to buy my tickets or if I could start buying them now a little at a time.

Maggie

maggiew said:
I know and I am appreciative. I just wondered if there were any benefits to me waiting to buy my tickets or if I could start buying them now a little at a time.

Maggie

...I guess it depends if the AP is valid at TIME OF PURCHASE (cuz' it's good for 365 days only) or at time of FIRST USAGE.....

maggiew said:

Maggie
DVC, even for members, does not offer the MYW packages. That is for rooms booked with Disney.
I would start buying tickets to help budget it out. I don't think you said you wanted to buy AP's necessarily, right? I usually buy the tickets one at a time.
Enjoy! :shamrock:

By the way, does anyone else realize this is NOT a shamrock but a four leaf clover??? I had to make do... :teeth:

LakeAriel said:
...I don't think you said you wanted to buy AP's necessarily, right? I usually buy the tickets one at a time...

..... :blush: mah ba-a-a-a-d!

Well, add me to your list of discount waiters!!! Just booked airfare and a 5 night stay at BWV's for July 30-Aug7...now I need a good deal somewhere else for the last 3 nights.

Was considering either AKL or POR, but would really like a deal on AKL or one of the other deluxes. But can always fall back on our good old
comfortable "Dixie Landings"!

I absolutely hate to go in Aug, but we didn't go this spring break, don't want to take the kids out of school, and don't want to wait until NEXT spring break, so Aug it is. At least we know it's hot, crowded and rainy. We have a 1 bedroom at BWV's so we can take a laid back relaxed approach this trip and enjoy the resort. when it's the most crowded.

Excited!!

Lori

Called this morning. Nothing yet.... Though I did apply AAA and saved $250 off Pop in August. Rock on!

LGithens said:
Well, add me to your list of discount waiters!!! Just booked airfare and a 5 night stay at BWV's for July 30-Aug7...now I need a good deal somewhere else for the last 3 nights.

Was considering either AKL or POR, but would really like a deal on AKL or one of the other deluxes. But can always fall back on our good old
comfortable "Dixie Landings"!

I absolutely hate to go in Aug, but we didn't go this spring break, don't want to take the kids out of school, and don't want to wait until NEXT spring break, so Aug it is. At least we know it's hot, crowded and rainy. We have a 1 bedroom at BWV's so we can take a laid back relaxed approach this trip and enjoy the resort. when it's the most crowded.

Excited!!

Lori

us to, tha is why we booked poly concierge
so if we wanna goa round more quickly to epcot and mk and the snacks and the lounge are there
we can spend more time in the room with the lounge

I'm adding myself to the list! :goodvibes

I just booked the airfare for our August Disney cruise, and our return flight is the following night after we get off the ship, so this will give us 2 days in Disney World! :sunny: We already have a Disney World trip in May, so these 2 days in August will just be an extra bonus, and will give me a chance to see the new "Pirates in the Caribbean" ride, which is currently closed and won't be open until July. pirate: :hourglass

Anyway.... we'll be there the weekend of August 26th! Not sure which resort yet. We have AAA and APs. DSs have no interest in the parks, I think they'll just want to go to DisneyQuest. So I'm thinking of one of the Port Orleans resorts so they'd have the boat transportation to use. :scratchin

Here's to some great discounts for this summer! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter