• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 5 2014 Mediterranean Cruise Meet Thread

Hi everyone, we have been signed up for this cruise since the first day it went on sale, but we've been waffling on whether to keep it or push it back to 2015 when the new itineraries come out. The kids really want to go (DD14 is a big Percy Jackson and mythology fan) and 2014 is the last summer DS will be able to go in the vibe, but DH and I are holding out for the Baltics (I know it's a long shot) or a Greece/Turkey AND Croatia cruise in 2015. As a number of you have mentioned, we aren't super thrilled with the odd Venice port time/overnight. We just returned from our second ABD to Scotland and had an amazing time, so we are considering the ABD add-on for this cruise--it will depend on airfare costs. Anyone purchase their air yet?

Anyway, the undecideds are me, DH, DS16 (17 at cruise time) and DD14 :)

We did the ABD add-on to the cruise. I sent a FB request to join the group (since I am on FB much more than here.)
Can't believe we are just over 8 months away from the cruise!! :banana:

Hi all,

I want to join the list but can somebody explain the FE thing please...I think I get it the idea it hangs from the door...but who makes them, what does it cost?, do we bring items to place into other peoples FE's...I am just a little confused....I have seen a thread on a FAQ but I just didn't quite grasp the concept...

We are family of four Andrew 40, Tanya 40, DS Alex 13, DD Elysse 11... Ages are at time of travel...we are in stateroom #8572

Thx
Andrew

Ozralphs

Hi everyone,
Just booked this cruise. Hopefully I'll have paid it off in the next few months. It will be me, DW, and two DS (25 & 18).
Gus
:cool1:

Fish extenders as of 29 October 2013

Dis ID. Cabin. Adults. Children. Names (in order of DX list)
1. RunnerMomO. 7065. 2 (M,F). DS (12), DS(8 yr)
2. Spdvm1997. TBD. 2(M,F). DS(12), DD(9)
3. Genequeen19. 6511. 2 (F,F). Mindy, Pauline
4. Traceyjayne 6634. 2(M,F). DS(13). Eric, Tracey, Luke
5. Katers124. 5139. 2(M,F). Mike, Katie
6. Eller. 7014. . 2(M,F). DS (17), DS(15). Mike, Lori, John, David
7. Familytravel 2101. 2(M,F). DD(8 yr), DM(60+) Alex, Joti,Jean, Alice
8. Stevens. 7043. 2(M,F). DD (5), DS(2). Lee, Tiffany, Rosie, Henley
9. Traveling NGs TBD. 2(M,F). DD(10),DD(9),DS(2) Raymond, Maggie, Rachel, Mattie, Riley
10. Weezyree. 2013. 2(M,F). DD(15). Matt, Lisa, Madison
11. MNDISFAN13 8540. 2(M,F). DD(15), DS(12). Ben, Robin, Hannah, Jacob
12. OzRalphs. 8572. 2(M,F). DS(13), DD(11). Andrew, Tanya, Alex, Elysse

Hi all,

I want to join the list but can somebody explain the FE thing please...I think I get it the idea it hangs from the door...but who makes them, what does it cost?, do we bring items to place into other peoples FE's...I am just a little confused....I have seen a thread on a FAQ but I just didn't quite grasp the concept...

We are family of four Andrew 40, Tanya 40, DS Alex 13, DD Elysse 11... Ages are at time of travel...we are in stateroom #8572

Thx
Andrew

Ozralphs

I have added you to the list. In basic terms, the FE is like a secret gift exchange. You will provide at least 1 small gift to everyone else on the list at some point on the cruise. Many people like to make their gifts, personalize them or provide something that is from where they call home. There is no set price level, everyone does what they are comfortable with. We will watch how big our list gets and if need be, can always split into multiple groups. For examples of gifts - on our last cruise I had a customized can hugger, a small luggage tag, magnet, a survival rope key chain and some post cards and shuttle stickers in a little bag for every cabin. We got in exchange everything from custom printed cloth bags, movie theatre sized candies, door magnets, travel journal, a Disney pocket Farrell game, and several homemade key chains to name a few. it can be a lot of fun to come up with ideas to make homemade gifts. The trick on this cruise will be something that isn't too big and bulky to carry across the Atlantic for many of us!

That FE description sounds good. Can't wait until our trip, the whole family is getting very excited...now I can started dreaming up little prezzies for everyone!
Ozralphs

Just got a Kayak alert that there are 850$ return flights from Toronto to Venice (via Brussels) in our time frame! Yahoo~!

Just got a Kayak alert that there are 850$ return flights from Toronto to Venice (via Brussels) in our time frame! Yahoo~!

Are you from Toronto area? We are in buffalo and considering going out of Toronto but we are going to Munich first

I think we are back on this cruise...sigh. We originally booked this one, switched the 12 day and now we are booked on both because we found out that our nephew is getting married on July 26. Course all this switching has cost me money so I'm keeping both going until I book the airfare in January in case something else comes up.

A family of 5, mom, dad and three boys who will be 18, 15, 12 at the time of the cruise. This will be our 11 th cruise so we are going to be platinum. Excited.

Has anyone been following the debate in Italy about cruise ships going into Venice vs another port and be boated into Venice? The Italians voted Friday and the magic is just below the limit of 900,000 tons. I was sweating this because my mom would not have been happy if the port had changed.

We are canceling this trip as our daughter was just hired by DCL and will be sailing on the Fantasy. We will miss Venice, but will try to squeeze in 2 DCL Caribbean Cruises instead. Have fun! You will love Venice & the Greek islands.

Wagner Family

Fish extenders as of 12 November 2013 Dis ID. Cabin. Adults. Children. Names (in order of DX list) 1. RunnerMomO. 7065. 2 (M,F). DS (12), DS(8 yr) 2. Spdvm1997. TBD. 2(M,F). DS(12), DD(9) 3. Genequeen19. 6511. 2 (F,F). Mindy, Pauline 4. Traceyjayne 6634. 2(M,F). DS(13). Eric, Tracey, Luke 5. Katers124. 5139. 2(M,F). Mike, Katie 6. Eller. 7014. . 2(M,F). DS (17), DS(15). Mike, Lori, John, David 7. Familytravel 2101. 2(M,F). DD(8 yr), DM(60+) Alex, Joti,Jean, Alice 8. Stevens. 7043. 2(M,F). DD (5), DS(2). Lee, Tiffany, Rosie, Henley 9. Traveling NGs TBD. 2(M,F). DD(10),DD(9),DS(2) Raymond, Maggie, Rachel, Mattie, Riley 10. Weezyree. 2013. 2(M,F). DD(15). Matt, Lisa, Madison 11. MNDISFAN13 8540. 2(M,F). DD(15), DS(12). Ben, Robin, Hannah, Jacob 12. OzRalphs. 8572. 2(M,F). DS(13), DD(11). Andrew, Tanya, Alex, Elysse

I can't believe we are a little over eight months away. We are getting excited and kicking trip planning into high gear.

I booked this cruise for my DD and I...but I'm having second thoughts and I am afraid of doing it by myself... We'll be flying out of Florida

Am I crazy for doing the cruise by ourself?

Any other single mom\dad? Any suggestions for things to do at port?

I know it's kind of late to asked but today I woke up feeling nervous and with major cold feet... :crazy2::confused3:eek:

If possible I will like to join the FE... just 2 of us... :guilty:
Me & my DD (8) she'll be 8 by then

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter