July 5 2014 Mediterranean Cruise Meet Thread

Talk about being late to the party... Sorry we're late to join the FE groups but we'll make sure we bring a few goodies fromLondon for kids club pals.

It's my first Disney Cruise, and first cruise with our daughter (just about to turn 6). Quick question - the cruise docs are very vague about dress standards, saying "there may be a formal night on longer cruises". Does my husband need to pack black tie...? And how posh a frock will I need?

Talk about being late to the party... Sorry we're late to join the FE groups but we'll make sure we bring a few goodies fromLondon for kids club pals. It's my first Disney Cruise, and first cruise with our daughter (just about to turn 6). Quick question - the cruise docs are very vague about dress standards, saying "there may be a formal night on longer cruises". Does my husband need to pack black tie...? And how posh a frock will I need?
Shame you are too late to join in with the FE it is great fun! We are from UK also and this will be our third Disney cruise. As for dress code up to you entirely the only strict rule is no shorts or jeans allowed in main dining rooms There is a formal night first sea day where people like to dress up for dinner and have family portraits taken Also a pirates night where many take dressing up outfits or accessories
You don't need a posh frock I just have a long dress some just wear cocktail dress again your choice

Never to late to get information. There will be a formal, semi formal, cruise casual and pirates night. For the semi formal and formal, people tend to get dressed up. Bayou don't have to. For us coming from the states, we are just bringing everyday frocks (dresses) that we will fancy up with jewelry. Your husband should bring a tie and he can get away with shirt and tie for the fancy nights. Enjoy your first cruise.

Talk about being late to the party... Sorry we're late to join the FE groups but we'll make sure we bring a few goodies fromLondon for kids club pals. It's my first Disney Cruise, and first cruise with our daughter (just about to turn 6). Quick question - the cruise docs are very vague about dress standards, saying "there may be a formal night on longer cruises". Does my husband need to pack black tie...? And how posh a frock will I need?

We are also on the cruise but haven't signed up for any meets...never knew it existed until a few weeks ago. We have been on several Disney cruises including two in Europe. The European cruises tend to be a little more dressy than those in the us. My husband brought his tux it the first Disney cruise thinking it would be like other cruises we have been on...but certainly not necessary. He will bring a sport coat as will my grandson. I will bring a couple of dresses and heels with my good jewelry. That's really that is needed. You will love it! See you around on the ship. I spend all my time by the adult pool or at mixology classes. It's a blast. We have been to many of these ports already so I'm not even sure I will get off thst much. Enjoy!

We are also on the cruise but haven't signed up for any meets...never knew it existed until a few weeks ago. We have been on several Disney cruises including two in Europe. The European cruises tend to be a little more dressy than those in the us. My husband brought his tux it the first Disney cruise thinking it would be like other cruises we have been on...but certainly not necessary. He will bring a sport coat as will my grandson. I will bring a couple of dresses and heels with my good jewelry. That's really that is needed. You will love it! See you around on the ship. I spend all my time by the adult pool or at mixology classes. It's a blast. We have been to many of these ports already so I'm not even sure I will get off thst much. Enjoy!

I definitely agree the us cruises are more of a casual vibe and while European cruises on disney are not more formal they tend to lean that way for the formal and semi formal nights probably due to the older clientele in general. I say older clientele and by that I mean more teenagers then 6 year olds so it has a less chaotic feel! But hopefully your first cruise will be great!!

Thanks all - will save the space in the cases and not bring the full DJ.

Very much looking forward to setting off now!

+++++=Warning - warning!!! Meet up time has been changed by DCL!+++++ Sorry for last minute change - DCL had to move us to 2 pm for our meet up yesterday. Hope everyone can still attend! Same location as far as I know. I will leave any other info on my cabin door. There is a slim chance they will leave it at 3 pm and redirect us to another location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter