July 16, 2016 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately we have determined that we will not be able to take the cruise with you in July. I am in a sales role and this past year has been really rough with the upcoming year looking just as bad. We had really been looking forward to this cruise and hopefully we'll be able to take a cruise another year.

Madzac, this has been especially hard on RooandTigger, as she was looking forward to spending time with your DD. They've become good friends on social media and I hope they can continue to be even without sailing together this summer. She was also really excited about the Fish Extender gifts and even tested this past weekend a gift she was creating for the group.

You may see us lurking here in thread and we wish you all an amazing trip this summer.

Best wishes,

Brian

Sorry to hear and wishing you a better year and a great future Disney cruise.

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately we have determined that we will not be able to take the cruise with you in July. I am in a sales role and this past year has been really rough with the upcoming year looking just as bad. We had really been looking forward to this cruise and hopefully we'll be able to take a cruise another year.

Madzac, this has been especially hard on RooandTigger, as she was looking forward to spending time with your DD. They've become good friends on social media and I hope they can continue to be even without sailing together this summer. She was also really excited about the Fish Extender gifts and even tested this past weekend a gift she was creating for the group.

You may see us lurking here in thread and we wish you all an amazing trip this summer.

Best wishes,

Brian

Oh Brian -- I am so, so sorry. We had to postpone our cruise (this is actually the one we moved "to"). It's a hard decision especially for our children. Best wishes for a very successful 2016 that will make a magical vacation possible soon!

Ruth

Hi everyone,

Best wishes,

Brian

Wishing you the best. We had to postpone too :( we were supposed to go in March for our honeymoon but we moved it to this one. Sending pixie dust

Hello Ruth! So excited to see a meet thread! I'm guessing you mean July 16 though yes? If so we are also booked on this cruise!

We are a family of 6 and next summer kids will be DD14, DS 11, DS 8 and DD 5. We are from Iowa. This will be our third cruise...we did the Dream in June 2013 and just did the Magic March 2015. Both were such wonderful trips we couldn't wait to go again so rebooked and settled on this week!

We will definitely be in for fish extender exchange and are SO excited to check out the Fantasy and the Eastern ports!

FISH EXTENDER LISTS-
Please PM me or post on the thread if you would like to join a FE group. We will limit to 10 families per group. If you have more than one cabin, let us know if each one will have its own FE or just one. We will close lists as we hit 10 families and start a new one. If you would like to join more than one list, just let me know and how many! Please let me know if any allergies. Rules are otherwise open, you can give a cabin gift or one per person and can deliver any day of your choice during the cruise. Finally if your plans change and you will no longer be cruising or doing FE please post or PM asap! Thank you!
Group 1
Madzac- 7514/7516 DH, DW, DD14, DS11, DS8 and DD5.
2. JerseyBernie- (2 Families with 2 FEs) 9652- Family #1-Mom, DS(adult), Family #2 - DD(adult), DGS7
3. Sweetpng -9162- DW, DH, DS12 and DD10
4. IndyMouseFan- 7512 -DW, DH and DS15
5. Disneywells- 9122- DH, DW, DD14, DS 10
6. Nerosfamily -7580- DH, DW, DD16, DD14 (birthday!)
7. Jennifer Crunelle- 7062- DH, DW, DS7, DD5(birthday!)-Peanut, egg and tomato allergies
8. Pollybrit- 9044/9046- DH, DW, DS15(birthday), DD13, DS10, DD4(birthday)
9. Disneykitties- 6560- DH and DW (honeymoon )
Hello Ruth! So excited to see a meet thread! I'm guessing you mean July 16 though yes? If so we are also booked on this cruise!

We are a family of 6 and next summer kids will be DD14, DS 11, DS 8 and DD 5. We are from Iowa. This will be our third cruise...we did the Dream in June 2013 and just did the Magic March 2015. Both were such wonderful trips we couldn't wait to go again so rebooked and settled on this week!

We will definitely be in for fish extender exchange and are SO excited to check out the Fantasy and the Eastern ports!

Hi all, our first FE group is full again as Jersey Bernie is doing 2 FEs as there are 2 families in her cabin! :)

We will start group 2...if anyone else wants to join just pm me or post your info in the thread! :) I know as time goes on we will grow!

192 days to sail!

Hi everyone! What a crazy few weeks with the holidays and on top of that, we moved to central Florida!! We'll be able to drive to Port Canaveral in just over an hour -- I still can't believe we're here! We're almost completely unpacked -- so now I can get back to our cruise countdown and to thinking about FE gifts!! :banana:
Welcome Samantha! :welcome: What an AWESOME surprise!!

DisneyKitties -- the Hyatt is really wonderful if you're flying in the day before. FYI, if you're a Costco member and you haven't made your reservation yet, you can usually get a good price by booking through the Costco website.

Finally, NerosFamily, thank you for the info on SafeSea lotion -- I'm ordering that for sure. Sea Lice -- yikes!! :scared:
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year -- hope it's your most Magical one yet!!! pixiedust:
So Jealous!!! It's my dream to live in Orlando!

Only 19 more 10 day buckets - 190 Days! Thought I would improve on the countdown with pics going forward - Tortola White Bay Beach, home of the Soggy Dollar Bar

OMG ! Can't we speed up this time line! It's GORGEOUS! This is in Tortola? Thank you for sharing!

Hi All! My two boys (14 and 10 ) have been getting soooo excited about this cruise, and last night we watched a documentary about the Disney cruise line so they have an idea what they are in for :) I wanted to ask a couple of questions of you seasoned sailors! Firstly, driving about 8 hours(?) from North GA with 12 people including a 3yr old - is it worth driving down the day before and staying at Cocoa Beach somewhere? Secondly, has anyone ever traveled with a 3-4yr old (she'll be 4 the day before we sail!) and left them in the kids club that's for 3-12yr olds? Or should I expect to stay with her or have one of the older kids supervise her there? I'm just not sure how supervised the younger kids would be, it seems like such a big age gap.

Anyway, we are counting down the days, and stashing away the gift cards for spending money!! Excitingggg!!!!

Polly xxxx

Hi All! My two boys (14 and 10 ) have been getting soooo excited about this cruise, and last night we watched a documentary about the Disney cruise line so they have an idea what they are in for :) I wanted to ask a couple of questions of you seasoned sailors! Firstly, driving about 8 hours(?) from North GA with 12 people including a 3yr old - is it worth driving down the day before and staying at Cocoa Beach somewhere? Secondly, has anyone ever traveled with a 3-4yr old (she'll be 4 the day before we sail!) and left them in the kids club that's for 3-12yr olds? Or should I expect to stay with her or have one of the older kids supervise her there? I'm just not sure how supervised the younger kids would be, it seems like such a big age gap.

Anyway, we are counting down the days, and stashing away the gift cards for spending money!! Excitingggg!!!!

Polly xxxx
No experience with the 4 year old situation and can't help there. We only fly down and always get into Orlando the night before. I would suggest getting in the night before for the following reasons:
  1. Being rested. Activities start the minute you get on the ship. Pools, dinner, nighttime show, etc. I would be afraid that if you leave at 2:00 a.m. to get to Port at say noon, everyone will be to pooped to do anything
  2. Traffic delays. God forbid but if you get to port too late
I am sure folks drive in the day of sailing and cost can play into this as well so hope the thoughts help.

I agree, definitely come day before if you can just to give you a time buffer and peace of mind!

My youngest DD was almost 4 last trip. She went to the clubs about an hour a day. There are a number of group activities they do as well as free play. My DD is pretty shy so she was anxious being alone but did go with her brother then 7. I saw lots of young ones in there so I think some of it is personality. And though it's 3-12 it seems more young kids stay in the club side while the older ones often spend more time in the lab side though they are free to go back and forth. I felt comfortable when she was there sand the counselors always called when she wanted us to get her. She had a blast the times she did stay. During regular hours parents can't be in but every day they have open house hours and most days I went in with her then.

This trip I'm really hoping at 5 she will be braver and willing to stay a little more. I think the key is going for activities they are interested in. My 7 yr old spent almost all his time in the clubs as did my 13 yr old. 10 yr old did a little but I think felt a bit old for the oceaneers. I think he will like Edge more this summer.

Hope that helps...ask if you have specific questions! We ended up doing a lot of the family dance parties and such with the 3 yr old at night so while we didn't get as much alone time as I had hoped we still had fun and she loved it!

Considering that I am just about done with first whacko week back at work after a nice long Holiday break and great time with the family thought a little cruise thinking would help me get through the afternoon. So I post this pic here for my own mental state of mind and decided to share as I assume I am not the only one needing a boost! St Thomas / St John Cruise Port

I made a little spreadsheet to keep track of the fish exchange for myself, how nerdy and excited am I? :)

Definitely want to join in on the FE Fun, but I didn’t see an FE Roster started yet, so here our details so we can be included:

2 Staterooms
My Stateroom (2 Families) (#9652) - Family #1 - Me (60), My DS (27) Family #2 - My DD (36), and My DGS (7)
My DD's Stateroom (#9162) – My DD (40), Her DH (42), Her DS (12) and Her DD (10)

Good morning! I was confused about the FE list and wondered if JerseyBernie could clear this up for me? I made a list of who I neew to do FE gifts for, based on the 1st post which shows this:
2. JerseyBernie- 9652- Mom, DS(adult)
3. Also cabin 9652, separate FE DD(adult), DGS7

This made me think 2 people in the first room - a Mom and an adult son, and then 2 people in the second room a Mom and a 7yr old boy, but looking at your post quoted above, are there actually 8 people in your party, spread over 2 rooms?

Please help! :) I'd hate to miss someone out!

Polly

Good morning! I was confused about the FE list and wondered if JerseyBernie could clear this up for me? I made a list of who I neew to do FE gifts for, based on the 1st post which shows this:
2. JerseyBernie- 9652- Mom, DS(adult)
3. Also cabin 9652, separate FE DD(adult), DGS7

This made me think 2 people in the first room - a Mom and an adult son, and then 2 people in the second room a Mom and a 7yr old boy, but looking at your post quoted above, are there actually 8 people in your party, spread over 2 rooms?

Please help! :) I'd hate to miss someone out!

Polly
I can help you Polly! There are 3 families in their traveling party spread into 2 rooms. Initially they were just going to be two different groups but since in Jersey Bernie ' s room there are 2 families they decided to be separate. Often people give a cabin gift, so this way they would each get to take one home!

So...JerseyBernie and her adult son is one group, her adult daughter and grandson , while in the same room, is considered a second group. If one gives a cabin gift you would give to each and they will be doing two separate gifts to give. Does that make sense,? Then her other daughter sweetpng is in a separate cabin all together thus a third group(see #4on the list).

So 8 people over 2 rooms, 3 separate groups. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! My husband and I just booked this cruise, I would love to join in the fun and join a FE group if there is one that is still open. We just got off the Dream on Monday (1/11) with the kids but it's looking like July will be just us! i hope there's still room.

Welcome aboard disneycrazy43!! We're glad to have you in our group :welcome:

We're having fun counting down together :hourglass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter