Jingle Bell Jingle BAM Show at DHS with Dessert Party Details POST 8

I'm good with all of this except one line:

"buying the package mainly for the VIP viewing area"

I'm sorry but Disney needs to fix this part.

I'll take the show for what it is. Not expecting to be wow'd, just a cheery show to spread Christmas spirit. The dessert party isn't a huge concern for me. I'll find something to enjoy there.

The viewing area however. They simply need to fix the issues I'm reading with the viewing area or cancel the party alltogether. They are advertising this as special VIP viewing area. To me that is a premium spot in a relaxed environment. This means I don't need to stake out a spot early, I don't have late arrivers stepping in front of me, I don't have CM's telling me to move over, and I don't have kids on shoulders in front of me. This is a huge issue that they need to fix or not have these party's IMO.
the problem is that DHS is not well equipped for this type of shows. No one gets an unobstructed view, the view from the reserved spot is the best view out of all.
The only solution to this is cut down the palm trees and take down the stage rigging
As I've said you can have similar view from the general audience area, you just have to hold a spot for a long time

the problem is that DHS is not well equipped for this type of shows. No one gets an unobstructed view, the view from the reserved spot is the best view out of all.
The only solution to this is cut down the palm trees and take down the stage rigging
As I've said you can have similar view from the general audience area, you just have to hold a spot for a long time

It's more the part where it seems people are fighting for a good spot that I have a problem with. I shouldn't have to do that after paying for this party. It sounds like they need to reduce the amount of people in this area.

I'm just going off what I'm reading, maybe I'll change my mind when I see it in person. It's possible I'm overreacting.

Quick Question, not sure is I should ask elsewhere but we are going to the dessert party for my sons bday, I have read the reviews (bummer) it will be no Osborne lights sadly. Anyways we are wondering if its at all possible to leave this dessert party and still see some of Fantasmic? Weve seen it tons of times and would be content seeing the last half if it was possible?? I just dont think we will have the time to squeeze out another night at the Studios. Any and all tips appreciated on if this is possible!

Quick Question, not sure is I should ask elsewhere but we are going to the dessert party for my sons bday, I have read the reviews (bummer) it will be no Osborne lights sadly. Anyways we are wondering if its at all possible to leave this dessert party and still see some of Fantasmic? Weve seen it tons of times and would be content seeing the last half if it was possible?? I just dont think we will have the time to squeeze out another night at the Studios. Any and all tips appreciated on if this is possible!
what day are you doing this?

I saw Disneyland Forever, which is (was?) a projection show with some fireworks that could be viewed from multiple locations in the park. Were you able to see everything? No, and it was designed that way.

I feel like these shows at DHS are working from a similar model. You aren't going to be able to see ALL of the screens at once or maybe even one vantage point. At times, the two side screens show the same as the middle (Chinese Theater), sometimes the side screens are the same and the middle is different - particularly during the montage sets. Sometimes the screens all work together for a "widescreen" effect. I think if you are able to view the middle (and even that can be obstructed by the palm trees), that is where most of the action centers, and IIRC, significantly above ground level so that it can be viewed from further back in the park. But, as been said many times, expecting to see the entire width of the show without obstruction is unrealistic - VIP viewing location or not.

I'm debating cancelling our party ADR. We're 2 adults but don't drink. My DH isn't big on fireworks. I watched the Star Wars show in September, he skipped it. The foods look ok but not our favorite things. We have an ADR for Hollywood Brown Derby @ 5:15 on a different night. JBJB would be at 6:45 that day. I'm considering cancelling the party & just catch what we can of JBJB after our HBD dinner. We don't need to see every bit of it, just more get the "holiday feel" & see some of the show.

Think that plan would be doable? Thanks!

I'm debating cancelling our party ADR. We're 2 adults but don't drink. My DH isn't big on fireworks. I watched the Star Wars show in September, he skipped it. The foods look ok but not our favorite things. We have an ADR for Hollywood Brown Derby @ 5:15 on a different night. JBJB would be at 6:45 that day. I'm considering cancelling the party & just catch what we can of JBJB after our HBD dinner. We don't need to see every bit of it, just more get the "holiday feel" & see some of the show.

Think that plan would be doable? Thanks!
if there are no spots in the prime viewing area try going all the way to in front of the Chinese theater. You will miss the side effects and the full effects of the laser and snow but you will see the projections on the building and the fireworks

Actually I think we're in agreement. I'm saying that if you're buying the package mainly for the VIP viewing, you might be disappointed. It does have it's shortcomings. Albeit probably not for everyone, but the potential is there.

We do appreciate the heads up. Pretty sure DW wants to go through with the party anyway. I'll just have to curb my expectations and practice anger management ahead of time. ;)

Maybe management just doesn't care. However I think they are underestimating the importance of the viewing area to large % of the people booking this party. I would guess it's only a small % that are going to pound drink and stuff their purse full of food. Most want a good view without having to push and shove with other people.

stuff their purse full of food
I prefer to bring a backpack, they are bigger :D
I don't think that you have to push and shove with other party goers, I don't think anyone that has reported back have said that they've had to do that. There was a complaint about one kid on shoulders and I think that's it.
Now outside the party is a different story

One positive -- we left the party area 10 minutes before the show. We went to the back of the reserved viewing area and made our way to the right-center. Had a great view. So no need -- at least for us -- to leave the party early. We were about the last ones out -- had to hit up the bar one more time!

One positive -- we left the party area 10 minutes before the show. We went to the back of the reserved viewing area and made our way to the right-center. Had a great view. So no need -- at least for us -- to leave the party early. We were about the last ones out -- had to hit up the bar one more time!
exactly, people tend to prefer going forward but there was a lot of room in the back for our party as well (Sunday 11/20)

Got it. So basically you end up with as much 'empty space' between you and the rear of the bunched up people, as you would if you were in the front?

right, we did this on Sunday and my daughter could move around so she didn't have a tall person in front of her

This is great info. Sounds far more relaxed to linger at the party and then hang out in the back of the reserved area. I'm less concerned with a perfect viewing opportunity and more focused on staying out of crushing crowds. So if the reserved viewing area accomplishes that, then yay!

right, we did this on Sunday and my daughter could move around so she didn't have a tall person in front of her
We will have three kids with us, ages 7-6. Do you they will be better off if we head towards the back then? One has some sensory issues and will not like feeling the "crush" of people around but will still want to see.

We will have three kids with us, ages 7-6. Do you they will be better off if we head towards the back then? One has some sensory issues and will not like feeling the "crush" of people around but will still want to see.

When we were there Saturday night, I had empty space in front of me and around me. So I think a child would be able to have enough sight line to see. We certainly weren't jam-packed in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter