Jedi Training Academy Closing Sept 12?

Where does it show the times/schedules of these shows? We are going October 3rd. Problem is... we have a breakfast at 8am and so with EMH that morning, I am guessing nothing good (or at all?) will be left when we are doing eating. The park doesn't officially open until 9 so maybe we'll get lucky. :( I'd like to see the times though. Any updated news on this?

Not exactly in theme with this post, but it is related.

We are here in WDW now. My DS6 did JTA on Monday 9/14. Let me just say that the sign-up was one of the worst park experiences I have seen.

We had Disney Jr. Breakfast at 8am at H&V. My DS6 and I went out to the area just past H&V at 8:35 and my wife stayed at breakfast with my two younger kids. There was a cast member who told us to stand behind a white line and that sign-ups would begin at 8:45. We were 2nd in line. At around 8:40 they opened the gates and of course people come running towards us. The lone cast member did his best to organize folks, but there was a lot of jockeying for position going on.

At 8:45 the JTA sign-up CMs came strolling down and gave a banner to two kids and instructed everyone to walk slowly in a line behind the banner up to the sign-up area. My DS6 was standing directly behind the banner when the "procession" began. It quickly turned into a stampede and I witnessed grown adults pushing their kids in front of other kids. I also heard adults encouraging their children to run and get in the front.

My son and I fell a little behind, but I was OK with that as I didn't need to be the first one to sign-up. But then, about half-way to the sign-up are someone stepped on my son's foot and his sneaker came off. Then we had stop in the middle of the stampede to pick up his shoe. One kind soul tried to help us, but the masses saw it as another opportunity to get ahead in line.

For a moment, I was truly scared as was my son. I can't believe something tragic hasn't happened during this antiquated process. Disney should really do a better job with the JTA sign-ups before someone gets seriously injured.

In the end, we ended us being like the 30th kid to sign-up and got the slot we wanted that fit our half-day DHS plan that Disney made us put together 60-days earlier. The whole plan would have gone to hell had we not gotten our 1st or 2nd JTA choice. But to those that are planning on signing up, be prepared for an all out war to sign-up.

Not exactly in theme with this post, but it is related.
It quickly turned into a stampede and I witnessed grown adults pushing their kids in front of other kids. I also heard adults encouraging their children to run and get in the front.
For a moment, I was truly scared as was my son. I can't believe something tragic hasn't happened during this antiquated process. Disney should really do a better job with the JTA sign-ups before someone gets seriously injured.

My friend recently had a similar experience a few weeks ago. She thought it would be better to have everyone just line up in a single file line between two ropes and have the CM's hand out numbers. Everyone gets a number and when you get to the signup area they call out the number and go in order. If you don't get a number, then you arrived too late and are out of luck that day. She thought that would stop all the crazy pushing, tripping, and even elbowing parents. Or maybe just do the show and randomly pick from the kids in the audience??

I know everyone wants to make sure their kids don't miss out, but it sounds crazy to me.

Where does it show the times/schedules of these shows? We are going October 3rd. Problem is... we have a breakfast at 8am and so with EMH that morning, I am guessing nothing good (or at all?) will be left when we are doing eating. The park doesn't officially open until 9 so maybe we'll get lucky. :( I'd like to see the times though. Any updated news on this?
on the website..click entertainment and seleck hs after select jta and select the date

Hours
SaturdayOctober 03, 2015 Select Date
  • 9:20 AM
  • 10:10 AM
  • 11:00 AM
  • 11:50 AM
  • 12:35 PM
  • 1:05
  • 1:50
  • 2:40
  • 3:25
  • 4:10
  • 4:40
  • 5:30
  • 6:20
  • 7:10

Should there be times for the 4th yet? I don't see any.

If you look at any other attraction in DHS for October 4th, there are hours posted.

I know no one wants to be disappointed and everyone wants to hold out hope, but would you rather have your kids be prepared before the trip, or would you rather disappoint them when you arrive? Or look at it another way, if the "rumor" is wrong, wouldn't you rather be able to surprise them with JTA than have them expect it and be disappointed?

Whenever they hold guests in any area, signups turns into a stampeding disaster. The old way of doing it (starting signups right when park admission happened) was working just fine. If they're going to insist on admitting guests into the park and them holding them in one location, then they should at least start the signups then so that the entrance can still serve as the buffer. Of course, this doesn't eliminate the stampede to TSMM, which is still an issue as well.

If you look at any other attraction in DHS for October 4th, there are hours posted.

I know no one wants to be disappointed and everyone wants to hold out hope, but would you rather have your kids be prepared before the trip, or would you rather disappoint them when you arrive? Or look at it another way, if the "rumor" is wrong, wouldn't you rather be able to surprise them with JTA than have them expect it and be disappointed?
Totally agree! I like to be prepared more than I hate to be disappointed. lol

This. We already told my son that JTA was going to be closed when we went just based on the rumors. If the rumors happen to be wrong, then there will be a nice surprise for my son. If they are right, he is already over the disappointment before we even leave the house.

Actually. I don't see hours post for all the meet and greet in HS also ..Still hoping a little bit.. but already told my son that it was down.. I prefer to make him the surprise that is gonna be open that the sadness that it will be close at the last minute

Does anyone know why they would have to close it down at all? I've heard rumours that it's moving indoors, characters are changing, etc. but I don't understand why any of that would interfere with how the show runs now?

Does anyone know why they would have to close it down at all? I've heard rumours that it's moving indoors, characters are changing, etc. but I don't understand why any of that would interfere with how the show runs now?

I was wondering the same thing. I just wish Disney would announce something already. October 4th is only 11 days away and all of us going in Oct/Nov are trying to plan our HS day (or if it's even worth it to go)

Whenever they hold guests in any area, signups turns into a stampeding disaster. The old way of doing it (starting signups right when park admission happened) was working just fine. If they're going to insist on admitting guests into the park and them holding them in one location, then they should at least start the signups then so that the entrance can still serve as the buffer. Of course, this doesn't eliminate the stampede to TSMM, which is still an issue as well.
I think I'm out of the planning loop a little bit. I still thought it was the grab your kiddo jedis and haul tail to the sign up at rope drop...tjis isn't the case?
honestly probably a moot point since our hs day is 11/30...

There was a permit filed for the current stage, so it's possible that the location isn't moving after all, at least for now. If it's not and they're going to work on the stage, then of course they need JTA closed. I suspect, however, the real (or more relevant) answer is simple cost-cutting. Since they're "reimagining" JTA and re-casting it, they need to train those new CMs. Why pay double for two months (for both the current cast and the new cast) when they can close temporarily and have no cast-related expenses?

I think I'm out of the planning loop a little bit. I still thought it was the grab your kiddo jedis and haul tail to the sign up at rope drop...tjis isn't the case?
honestly probably a moot point since our hs day is 11/30...

Well, sorta. They recently changed the opening procedure at DHS back to the way it used to be in 2010(ish) and prior. So at 8:30 they start admitting guests to the park, but they're held in the area where the hat/stage used to be. CMs are stationed around the area with signs for various attractions, so a queue starts forming for the rides and attractions then. You'd think they'd just start signing people up then, in the order they arrive, but instead they've been trying to walk people to the JTA area, which leads to the pushing and running.

And yeah, moot point for you. And me. **cry** Instead I guess we'll be battling the masses at the TSMM line.

There was a permit filed for the current stage, so it's possible that the location isn't moving after all, at least for now. If it's not and they're going to work on the stage, then of course they need JTA closed. I suspect, however, the real (or more relevant) answer is simple cost-cutting. Since they're "reimagining" JTA and re-casting it, they need to train those new CMs. Why pay double for two months (for both the current cast and the new cast) when they can close temporarily and have no cast-related expenses?
JTA was supposed to move to the sounds dangerous building but that idea was scrapped and work is being done to the current stage. The plan is to keep the JTA where it is. I still don't have dates tho.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, Disney doesn't typically announce closures in advance. Right now, POTC has a notice up on the website that it's closed for refurbishment, but I don't think they put those notices up until the actual closure. It's the Disney-related websites ran by third parties (Touring Plans, etc.) that publish closure information in advance. I don't think we'll see anything definitive about JTA from Disney until October 4th.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, Disney doesn't typically announce closures in advance. Right now, POTC has a notice up on the website that it's closed for refurbishment, but I don't think they put those notices up until the actual closure. It's the Disney-related websites ran by third parties (Touring Plans, etc.) that publish closure information in advance. I don't think we'll see anything definitive about JTA from Disney until October 4th.
Usually Disney releases upcoming refurb info to travel companies. For example splash is closed from January 10-14.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter