Jedi Training Academy Closing Sept 12?

I'm 6 minutes away from making my 60 day FP+ and this sad news totally throws our November HS day into limbo. With so few character meets left, it's a hard sell to justify that park for a one-day ticket for a family with small children. Bummer.

This permit does not give a specific date for completion.

I went looking for the permit this seemed to be the one that fit: Filed Sep 8 for HS-Stage Rehab 355 Cypress Dr (Cypress Dr being the part of the ring road) Description of Improvement: Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction. No other useful information is given on the permit.

i know they are adding a new scene to star tours that goes with the new movie, maybe they are doing the two upgrades at the same time. it's a shame they arent bringing the experience inside or making it bigger so they can do twice as many shows, but hopefully at least they will put some sort of roof overhead because it gets so hot during the summer months as well as dealing with the rain and having to cancel things. they are updating the stage in tommorrowland at disneyland at the same time.

i know they are adding a new scene to star tours that goes with the new movie, maybe they are doing the two upgrades at the same time. it's a shame they arent bringing the experience inside or making it bigger so they can do twice as many shows, but hopefully at least they will put some sort of roof overhead because it gets so hot during the summer months as well as dealing with the rain and having to cancel things. they are updating the stage in tommorrowland at disneyland at the same time.
Star tours doesn't look to be going down yet.

I can't find the dates but I've seen people saying it will be closed from 10/4-12/1
Oh, man... was planning to be at HS on 11/30. But, we could switch up a couple days and make it 12/2. Talk about coming down to the wire. How do you choose! Go off an unconfirmed rumor on the internet or not. :) Hopefully we get some more info. Don't want to switch after picking FPs, but I'd rather do HS earlier than later if it's not going to be open on either day.

We moved our HS day at what feels like the last second in hopes my dd 8 can participate in the last JTA before it goes down.

it's a programming thing as well as putting in a new droid or two shouldn't take more than a few days or a week at the most and they are doing this in both orlando and CA. they are also redoing the academy in both spots I would think that they would want everything up and ready before the christmas holiday rush as well as to be back as near the premier date as possible

Oh, man... was planning to be at HS on 11/30. But, we could switch up a couple days and make it 12/2. Talk about coming down to the wire. How do you choose! Go off an unconfirmed rumor on the internet or not. :) Hopefully we get some more info. Don't want to switch after picking FPs, but I'd rather do HS earlier than later if it's not going to be open on either day.
Same here, 11/30 is our DS9's 10th bday and we missed out on JTA (and so so many other things) when we all got super sick...but our problem lies with the fact that we leave 12/3, and 12/2 is our only chance to go to MK for Wishes and nighttime parade...we're not doing MVMCP (too much $ with 8 of us!) I'm torn between leaving our park dates the same as we planned and just fingers crossed JTA opens early (ha, hahaha right)/ having to just not do it and swapping days around and watch fireworks from the Poly or something...but we're staying at Pop so that doesn't really sit well either.

Come onnnnn rumor have the wrong end dates! ;)

I have read a rumor of early October on DIS. I don't know when it will start back up though, probably early next year, maybe end of this year if we are lucky. To modify the show, I can see the need to close it down for a bit.

Every Pocket Comes Out Thinner
Every Parent Carries Out Toddlers
Every Person Comes Out Tired
Every Payday Comes On Thursday
Eisner's Polyester Costumes Of Torture
Exceptionally Pugnacious Castmembers Often Tease
Eisner's Profit Center Of Today
Experimental Polyester Costumes Of Today
Eager People Come On Time
Every Principle Comes Out Twisted

1) As of 9/15/2015, the last day it is on the Internal Work Schedule is Saturday, October 3rd.
2) This could be altered, but there are no posted CM work schedules after this date.

1) As of 9/15/2015, the last day it is on the Internal Work Schedule is Saturday, October 3rd.
2) This could be altered, but there are no posted CM work schedules after this date.

Just to be clear...do other attractions have CMs scheduled past October 3rd? I don't know how far out Disney posts work schedules.

My two sons are huge Star Wars fans, and we are really hoping that it doesn't close down for Oct and Nov. I have called Disney CMs several times (I understand they sometimes know less than the avid Disney fan) and emailed both Kenney the Pirate and the people that run Touring Plans. No one has verified that it's going to be closed. As there's also no information about it being down on the official site, I'm going to be optimistic and hope it's going to be running. I guess we will all find out in about 2.5 weeks

My two sons are huge Star Wars fans, and we are really hoping that it doesn't close down for Oct and Nov. I have called Disney CMs several times (I understand they sometimes know less than the avid Disney fan) and emailed both Kenney the Pirate and the people that run Touring Plans. No one has verified that it's going to be closed. As there's also no information about it being down on the official site, I'm going to be optimistic and hope it's going to be running. I guess we will all find out in about 2.5 weeks
well actually normally we will know sunday or monday because that is normally when the operating hour will we available

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter