Japan 2016 Trip: November 3-November 15th-Completed

Did you hike up to the top of Daimonji that was near your hotel in Kyoto?
Gozanokuribi_Daimonji2.jpg

Don Quixote is one of my favorite shops to visit in Japan. They've calmed down a bit and don't have the floor to ceiling piles of items they were famous for 10 years ago, but still have a variety.
it was a great store, I have problems with ear wax, I picked up a pick cleaner that worked great that I went back and bought more. And picked up protein bars to try(I workout). Really you could get everything

we left and did a bit of shopping around the area, and walked back into town.

We decided to head to the Heian Shrine.

We headed to find some lunch, we found a cool little cafe, which was yummy. I had Omurice and mom and dad had curry

After lunch it started raining pretty good, so we walked to Lawson's for some food and drinks for tonight and tomorrow and went to the subway system and headed back to the hotel, after going the wrong direction on the subway first lol. We all relaxed at the hotel for a while, Dad may have went out for a bit, I took a nap and mom used my laptop. Dad And I went out to dinner at a place called Auska. It was japanese food. I had this

Dad had this

and we shared this

After dinner we stopped at Lawson's and picked up drinks and breakfast for tomorrow and headed back to the hotel, can't remember what we all did, but I think we all stayed in the room tonight and went to sleep at some point

HHHMMM kyoto seems so nice. I am trying to figure out if we should try to also go to kyoto when we go to japan... We will have a 2.5 year old so maybe not... hahah

November 9th, 2016

So we all woke up early today and got ready and ate breakfast. I had this.

Today we hired a tour guide to take us around Kyoto area. Before leaving we saw a rainbow from our room.

Take our tour guide picked us up at the hotel and we headed to the Arashiyama area. Our first stop was the river area.

Then we headed to the Bamboo forest and Take dropped us off and we walked through it.

We met up with Take again and next we headed to Okochi Sanso Villa which is the former villa of the popular actor Okochi Denjiro. Mom knows about it.

We got a free drink of green tea and a snack here. tea was good since it was chilly and rainy out.

We headed back to the car after meeting up with Taka and headed over the The Golden Pavilion or Kinkaku-ji. Taka stopped on the way and picked us up a snack to try. Mochi and it was yummy. We got to the Golden Pavilion and headed in.

I had wanted to go here so I was excited to take pictures with my camera which was a upgrade since 2014 and in 2014 we didn't go here. So we toured and learned about Kinkaku-ji.

We finished up here and decided to tell Taka to take us back to the hotel, we had a long fun morning/afternoon and were all tired and a little damp. So we headed back learning some things on the way back. Mom and I got a picture with Taka and we thanked him for his services.

We headed back to the room and watched CNN for the day and rested and played down. Today was when we found out who won President, we had all sent in our votes before leaving. We found out who won around 5:00pm Japan time pretty much and decided to head to grab dinner. We went to a place that served Okonomiyaki and had the best Okonomiyaki on the trip there.

Mom got regular and dad and I got it with yakisoba noodles. We overheard others talking about the election too so we weren't the only ones who saw. After dinner we went to Lawsons and picked up some food for breakfast. I also picked up a dessert for tonight. We headed back to the hotel, I ate my snack

we all relaxed and called it a night.

November 10th, 2016

We woke up early again and all ate breakfast and got ready for the day. I had this for breakfast.

I really did love the pastry's and canned coffee from the convenience stores like Lawson's and family mart. We watched some tv a bit and took a few pictures in the room.

We headed to Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine today. Went we got there we looked around the booths before going in. Lots of food stands. We started our journey up.

We stopped for a bathroom break and I took a few photos.

We were pretty high up by now and here's the view.

We started to head back down to the shopping and food stand area.

We got a little lost, but finally made it to the main area.

we shopped and tried some food. I tried these.

I didn't really like the octopus balls, but the yakitori was amazing. We caught the subway back into town.

We walked to a big department store and good some snacks and dinner food for mom to eat in the room the department stores have big food and supermarkets in the basement and they are good. Then we walked back to the hotel.

We headed back to the hotel and relaxed for the afternoon. Around 5:00pm-6:00pm Dad and I headed out to dinner while mom ate what we picked up and went on the computer. We went to a brew pub called Beer Komachi. It was good and we like going to brew pubs. I had this to drink.

And Dad had this

for dinner Dad got some type of fish dish.

I got Fried Tofu Pizza which was yummy.

and we got more drinks I got the same type which was a apple cider

Dad got a different one.

We got a order of Tempura to share as well.

We finished up and headed back to the hotel. When we got back we rested and fell asleep sometime

I'm enjoying your report, especially all your photos of Kyoto. I've been to Tokyo before and in March I'm going back for my second trip to Japan and taking my mum for her first. We are doing Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka, so it's great to see some pictures of sites in Kyoto I want to see. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

I'm enjoying your report, especially all your photos of Kyoto. I've been to Tokyo before and in March I'm going back for my second trip to Japan and taking my mum for her first. We are doing Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka, so it's great to see some pictures of sites in Kyoto I want to see. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

Awesome. Hope you guys have a great time, minus the flights there and back for us the trip was awesome and definitely want to go again for a third time. Kyoto is my favorite. We were gonna go to Osaka, but then just enjoyed Kyoto.

November 11th, 2016

Woke up and ate breakfast, this is what I had.

Yup, I love the pastry's. We all got ready for the day. After getting ready we headed out to Nijo Castle. we took the subway there. We got passes and looked around here are a bunch of pictures my Dad and I took.

We started walking back towards the main area of town. It was nice to walk and get exercise.Remember I do train so I was trying to enjoy foods I liked while not gaining weight. We stopped at one of the big department stores to pick up lunch for all of us and dinner for mom. We continued the walk back to the hotel.

We decided to go to the subway and take it back once we got tired of walking. We got back to the hotel and our room wasn't ready. So we headed back down to the lobby and waited and used the wi-fi.

Dad went to see if they were done we the room, they weren't yet so we walked around the hotel. We then went to see again and they were done.

We had our lunch in the room. Dad's lunch

Mom's Lunch

and my lunch

we also shared some japanese potato salad, no pictures. After lunch we all relaxed a bit. We were all pretty tired and still had more days ahead on this trip. Dad and I decided to go out and grab some dinner. We weren't sure where we wanted so we walked. We decided to got to Yakitori Daikichi place my dad had seen. Since we didn't really have any Yakitori yet this trip. So we went there and it was not full so we got a seat. Lots of the food places are tiny and hold a limited amount of people. Here's all the yummy food we had for dinner.

After eating we decided we had a different meal in Kyoto each night and all were amazing. We headed back to the hotel stopping at Lawson's on the way. We picked up breakfast and a snack and continued back to the hotel. We saw a girl riding a bike crash into a bush. Dad helped her up and made sure she was good. She was. We got back to the hotel after that and went to the room. Ate my snack.

got ready for bed and fell asleep at some point.

Thanks for sharing - loving your report. I think Kyoto is the favourite place we have ever visited. We also had a tour with Taka at the recommendation of another Dibber. We found him to be very informative and we really appreciated the extra information we gained from spending the day with him. We had never had okonmiyaki before our most recent trip and it's amazing. We preferred the Kansai style to Hiroshima style too. Was it Donguri you visited in Kyoto? My mouth is watering at the thought of that place. Man I want to go back to Japan so badly now lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter